We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Contemplating a 25g mushroom journey Options

OneIsEros
#21 Posted : 3/29/2023 7:11:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The time that I blacked out on shrooms I was with my brother. He was terrified of me. He left. I was very, very lucky I did not leave my apartment, or hurt myself, while being totally blacked out, naked, on shrooms. I can see why medical intervention might be desirable. As someone earlier in the thread said: if you do this, make sure your sitter is strong enough to manhandle you if necessary.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

OneIsEros
#22 Posted : 3/29/2023 8:09:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends on how big you are Pleased

Hahahahaha. I’d be easy, I’m a light weight, my brother was just freaked out at the incomprehensible mushroom glossolalic language I was babbling at him.

But nah, seriously, if you big and you blackout on an “adventurous” drug like shrooms, a person may not be unwise to call the cops seeing someone like that running free. People usually don’t jump out of windows because they think they can fly. But they do do so when totally dissociated. Which is what a 25G trip will do to most people.

If I saw Mike Tyson eat 25G I’d call cops IMMEDIATELY. I ain’t holding that dude down. O.o

Toshido
#23 Posted : 3/29/2023 4:56:30 PM

Research & Development

OrangeEnergy wrote:
widderic wrote:
[quote=Voidmatrix] If I found out that I took 25 grams by mistake (however that would happen lol) I would call an ambulance!

Why an ambulance? The thought of paramedics turning up whilst tripping balls makes my skin crawl. Imagine how their demeanour and attitude would affect your mind, and that is before the police turn up.
I understand the discomfort around large doses, and there are certainly very valid concerns, but unless there is actually a genuine medical emergency, calling someone trusted to support you and trying to stay calm, would be the best cause of action.

Somebody recently told me of a group facilitating 5g journeys to large groups of people simultaneously in a warehouse somewhere. People were screaming and freaking out. Just the thought of that makes my skin crawl. Talk about guaranteed bad trip!
**Disclaimer** I am not advocating this kind of behaviour. It is silly and dangerous.

Because I'd be very concerned about permanent psychosis from a negative experience, which is more likely at higher doses. I would want an ambulance to preferably arrive before I started tripping so that they could take me out of the trip. I forget what medicine they use to do that. But really you just answered your own question by referring to a bunch of people having a bad trip on just 5 grams. That doesn't sound fun.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Fluorescent Leaf
#24 Posted : 3/30/2023 8:33:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy, a friendly hello. I'm a (very) new member. After reading this thread, I'm getting the impression that the DMT Nexus Community is here to help you have the powerful mushroom trip you want, without sacrificing safety and comfort. Having a no risk, no reward mentality, I had taken 30g of Psilocybe cyanescens several years ago, tripping with an acquaintance I barely knew, on these beautiful rocks you could walk/climb on, overlooking a river. A dosage that high was uncomfortable. I actually got less muscle-tension-relief than I had experienced with 11g. I was convinced I was dead, and at a dosage that high, it was difficult to remind myself that I was tripping on mushrooms. There were some positive aspects to the trip, and it was not a 100% bad trip. It was somewhere in between a good trip and a bad trip. To say the least, it was a long time ago, and I'm not taking that big of a dose ever again. Dried mushroom powder grosses me out these days.

I have a couple suggestions: forage for fresh mushrooms to get the most out of such-and-such dose. That way would be the most natural way, because the source is Mother Nature. How good are your identification skills? My second suggestion is to contact a facilitation company, like Psychedelic Passage. They're very professional, and you can hire a facilitator. It's like making an appointment with a therapist, but better, because you'll have an opportunity to take your sacrament under the oversight of someone who is caring, kind, and knowledgeable in the psychedelic community. Alot of these facilitators have psychology degrees, and you can vent to them, tell them your problems, and the facilitator will come to your house to facilitate your trip. Hiring a facilitator costs money, and I haven't done it myself, in the total absence of psychedelics lately, but it sounds like you want to try something new. Give it a shot. We're here for you.

Leaf

Fluorescent Leaf
#25 Posted : 3/30/2023 8:47:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're very welcome.

Tomtegubbe
#26 Posted : 3/30/2023 10:53:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fear is good when you are in an actual danger. Of course we are riddled with fears that don't serve us, but switching them off is not good either. Key to mastery is to learn what are things you are actually afraid of and then you can learn to handle them and healthy fear can again become your friend and guide.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Toshido
#27 Posted : 3/30/2023 3:19:30 PM

Research & Development

OrangeEnergy wrote:
It sounds to me like your concerns are very deep-seated, and, I would suggest, not particularly healthy. Fear is possibly the worst thing you can take into any psychedelic experience, and I find it odd that someone who is so active on this forum and who seems somewhat obsessed with extractions and TEKS and the like, would have such, in my view, irrational fear over higher doses.

I've never had a bad trip. Out of the hundreds, I've had a few "uncomfortable" ones. I've been in some pretty traumatic scenarios where I was able to come out unscathed. I just always assumed that in higher doses of any psychedelic it increased the chances of a difficult experience, that's all I was basing my information off of. If that's not true, then I'm learning something new, which is a good thing!

As for the warehouse, I didn't know they weren't experienced and that money was involved. I just thought it was a trip sitter watching people. But yeah that sounds like a set and setting nightmare!

And darn, I've had Alprazolam for 5 years now and if I would have known that, I could have used it. The last LSD trip I had was pretty strong and it lasted forever... couldn't sleep and was exhausted. A few of those would have helped get me to bed.

As far as DMT and extractions, I've gravitated towards it because of it's short duration. I feel that my deep seated issue with being worried about bad trips or uncomfortable experiences comes from being a little ADD. It's hard for me to shut my brain off, meditating is challenging to say the least. So it's longer durations of a psychedelic that open a window for me to have a difficult time, at least that's what I've deduced, it could very well be other things.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Jees
#28 Posted : 3/30/2023 5:21:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Substance unrelated, I got injured more than once, some physical pains lasted for months, going in deep alone. Never again without a sitter, it's not worth it.

OneIsEros
#29 Posted : 3/30/2023 5:36:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
OneIsEros - Indeed, I think Iron Mike would require several very large sitters, but probably he'd be better off in a padded call for that journey! I can think of almost no situation where I would want the police involved. Empathy and understanding is not their strong suit.

Good point. Cops could just be another dangerous element in the environment, lol. I only mention just to underline, at that dose level, there are real physical dangers, because of how dissociated a person is likely to get. While mental danger is possible (nod to widderic), I think the more common danger would be the physical dangers arising from dissociation. Alcohol blackouts have similar problems, but alcohol at that dose you’re more in danger of passing out and probably not waking up. Psychedelics on the other hand aren’t going to knock you out, you might go down on a couch if you’re lucky, but you’re just as likely to be mobile and a danger to yourself and others.

ShamensStamen
#30 Posted : 3/30/2023 6:21:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know i mentioned the MAOI/Psilohuasca thing earlier, but it's also worth keeping in mind the effects of MAO-A inhibition in providing a more sobering headspace and level of clarity because of the rise in Serotonin and Noradrenaline, and while i wouldn't know how a larger dosage of Psilocin would go with that, i'm wondering if it would provide a layer of "soberness" to the experience, and maybe could possibly help counteract some of the more dissociative aspects?

Another thing that imo is worth considering, is the addition of admixture plants with the mushrooms or the mushrooms+MAOI, because admixture plants can add other effects/benefits/characteristics to the mix and influence/flavor the overall medicine/experience, regardless of dosage of mushrooms, i think admixture plants are worth considering, but there's a plethora of plants and supplements and such that could be used as admixtures and could have a lot to offer to the main medicine. I don't see many people doing this outside of Ayahuasca, usually people just take mushrooms or just take LSD or just take this or that, some may combine different Psychedelics, which there is that too, but hardly anyone sees/understands the potential of admixtures and herbal combinations that synergize with and influence/alter/flavor the mushrooms or LSD or what not.

PREV12