We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eyes open breakthrough Options

artificer
#1 Posted : 12/25/2022 2:21:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You make it sound tempting to try this Twisted Evil

TBH, I kept my eyes open after smoking DMT fb for first time and not gonna lie, it was scary... so without even really thinking about it, all subsequent trips have been eyes shut. To be fair, first DMT trip is all kinds of new territory that made it scary, not just open eye visual effects. Now that I'm a little more comfortable with it, you've got me verrry curious and compelled to try more eyes opened.

In that one and only open-eye experience that I had, everything in front of me became laser sharp with edges of real objects that became laser edges, each object with its' own color. As I was panicking, my ego ended up fighting it from continuing on, so it was very short lived, but it felt like I was witnessing a very lit up world literally coming to life, and they originated from objects in the real, tangible world. The last thing I was looking at was my older pH meter base including the little tower with two holes at top that holds pH and temperature probes. It is my conviction that if I hadn't fought it from going any further, that pH meter was going to become the entry point for a 5+ dimension wild ride.

I imagine, unless there's stimuli available to keep somewhat more grounded to earth, the experience will progress to a level (with higher dose etc) where it won't matter if eyes are open or shut, the third eye takes top priority over binocular vision.
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

famine
#2 Posted : 12/25/2022 9:51:38 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

Breakthrough is when you're fully immersed into the other side. Open and closed is not different, it takes over both. We experimented alot with open and closed eyes and had the same result. I think you just hit a dose right below breakthrough this why so intense but you can see your room.

artificer
#3 Posted : 12/25/2022 4:12:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

famine wrote:
Breakthrough is when you're fully immersed into the other side. Open and closed is not different, it takes over both. We experimented alot with open and closed eyes and had the same result. I think you just hit a dose right below breakthrough this why so intense but you can see your room.

While I agree that the scenarios so far described in this thread are definitely of sub-breakthrough experiences, I would argue that it is possible to break through and incorporate input from the 5 senses of this world. I have not experienced it myself, but there is a story Terence McKenna tells of a trip where he did DMT at height of LSD trip during holidays when nobody else was around, and then a tenant of apartment he rented out came back unexpectedly and made a ruckus running up the stairs, then started beating on his door (I think because she couldn't find her key). It brought the break-thru trip into this world, with entities jumping around his house Shocked He finally answered the door and spoke something to her in alien language, and she understood what was up and left...

I'm not sure if this is possible for us to do with a planned experiment in safe environment, but I do think it would make for potentially radical experience!

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 12/25/2022 4:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I think it's hard to be cut and dry on this topic. I've had "breakthrough" experiences where I'm not sure if my eyes are open or closed and sometimes am not sure if I can open my eyes. Then there are other times where I am in a "breakthrough" experience and there is a drastic difference between what I witness with my eyes open versus closed. In some of these instances, what I open my eyes to is part of my pragmatic reality, other times, not so much...

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

artificer
#5 Posted : 12/25/2022 6:44:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm. I find that I'm contradicting myself as I'm thinking this through; at this moment my personal definition of break-through incorporates a full departure from this reality and body. Once that takes place, and the trip starts incorporating elements from this world via the 5 senses, maybe it's not the breakthrough zone any more, but it weaves so tightly as a continuation of the breakthrough experience.. semantics can be exhausting lol. All I know is I'm out, and need to make moar.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 1/15/2023 8:54:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
I think it's hard to be cut and dry on this topic. I've had "breakthrough" experiences where I'm not sure if my eyes are open or closed and sometimes am not sure if I can open my eyes. Then there are other times where I am in a "breakthrough" experience and there is a drastic difference between what I witness with my eyes open versus closed. In some of these instances, what I open my eyes to is part of my pragmatic reality, other times, not so much...

One love

Yes. I think it is about the level of immersion. And also a gradual phenomenon on the far end of a scale rather than a single point.

5-MeO-DMT, wich i have never done myself, (yet) is said to be the most powerfull psychedelic there is in terms of the experience itself, and supposedly it is not very visual at all.

yeshua
#7 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:15:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT Lexus wrote:
Yeah bruv, I know this feeling. It takes effort to keep eyes opened and I trip with closed eyes mostly. To be honest I feel quite uncomfortable when I open my eyes during the trip. Eyes closed, usually at night when everyones gone or asleep and without music because it does tend to ground you and influence in the trip. In the dark, it doesn’t really make a difference closed or open. Ride it out. Eyes closed, warm and loving, just soaking in the goodness.
Come to, very light visual enhancement still remains. Paint in my ceiling looks awfully detailed and like cogworks, realizing Im still pretty high. Eyes close again to let it pass further. Eh, I opened my eyes and still viewing some hyperspace or something, what is that, huh? Some entity is floating towards the light and I'm tripping balls slightly recognised I've smoked something, yep, it was DMT. Super improved reality, I would say. Nope, still keep my eyes opened, it payed off. It was kinda edge it was necessary to cross.

For those of you who read all of that, thanks. For those of you who have input, feel free. For those of you getting deeper, just like I have been- don't be afraid, don't be ashamed. I would introduce you to thoughts and insights. Smile

sounds very interesting to me. I want to face fear and ego head on and see a perception outside of what my 5 senses show me. Would be incredible to experience it. thanks for your iput

universecannon
#8 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:52:09 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Darkness has it's place but I prefer eyes open, in the woods. Even eye contact if possible. In nature. This isn't solely a key for unlocking OBE's or far flung perceptual vistas. These are just facets of a different mode of being altogether, a mode of synesthesiac oneness that all the ancients raved about; like a non-local resonance tomography system. Our dormant perceptual ability/sense of self that DMT begins to unlock is like an unimaginably complex interdimensional space ship finally becoming aware of itSelf (the cosmos) in ways we can't even begin to imagine at baseline

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Pandora
#9 Posted : 2/25/2023 3:39:17 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

DMT Lexus,

Thank you for sharing these fascinating reports and I love your conclusions at the end of the final post you made here.

Regarding your first post I instantly felt resonance remembering the end of a high dose Methoxetamine experience where I was surrounded by a gigantic spinning cylinder and it had slices of all different kinds of realities/parallel/multi-Universes. I came to the massively egotistical realization that it was up to me to CHOOSE one of these to get the insane and kalaedaescopic as well as nauseating spinning to stop. So, I arbitarily did. To this day, I often feel I chose poorly, Razz

I always had great difficulty keeping my eyes open when I would vape large doses. It's like the trance would take me, regardless of my desires.

But, there was one memorable, open eyed breaktrough. I had vaped a big dose and lay down on a yoga mat on the floor on my back. Eyes closed, breakthrough is happening. I do not recall the content. Suddenly IRL a cat jumped on my chest from about 6 feet up on a tower. I reared, up, screamed, my eyes flew open and the room was FILLED with large cats, lunging at me, with open mouths and sharp teeth. I just rode it out and when I got back to a semblance of normality gave my kitty the evil eye.

I think given the diversity of physiology of users, diversity of ROA's and bioavability in a limited timespan almost anything is possible with DMT experience.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

HippyDippy
#10 Posted : 3/10/2023 1:06:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
DMT Lexus,

Thank you for sharing these fascinating reports and I love your conclusions at the end of the final post you made here.

Regarding your first post I instantly felt resonance remembering the end of a high dose Methoxetamine experience where I was surrounded by a gigantic spinning cylinder and it had slices of all different kinds of realities/parallel/multi-Universes. I came to the massively egotistical realization that it was up to me to CHOOSE one of these to get the insane and kalaedaescopic as well as nauseating spinning to stop. So, I arbitarily did. To this day, I often feel I chose poorly, Razz

I always had great difficulty keeping my eyes open when I would vape large doses. It's like the trance would take me, regardless of my desires.

But, there was one memorable, open eyed breaktrough. I had vaped a big dose and lay down on a yoga mat on the floor on my back. Eyes closed, breakthrough is happening. I do not recall the content. Suddenly IRL a cat jumped on my chest from about 6 feet up on a tower. I reared, up, screamed, my eyes flew open and the room was FILLED with large cats, lunging at me, with open mouths and sharp teeth. I just rode it out and when I got back to a semblance of normality gave my kitty the evil eye.

I think given the diversity of physiology of users, diversity of ROA's and bioavability in a limited timespan almost anything is possible with DMT experience.

-Pandora

Seems like our cats always know what we are doing. Its like they have 1 foot in this reality, and another foot in the other side... Glad you were able to ride it out Pandora!

My little trip breaker is a couch-hippo who always wants to lick my face!!!