We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Prepping for Public Exposure (via the group's action hub) Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 2/12/2010 4:50:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Original OP:
Quote:
Some internal changes will have to be made in order for the community to appeal on public scope of any level. This is a topic already up for discussion in several threads, but with little structure or clear goals in the matter. The name of the game is compromise within the community--compromise in the sense of coming to a viable agreement and in order to appeal publicly. It's important to note that this appeal must be reached both in appearance and in practice.

Some points of importance:
-Professional yet honest representation -> needs to be accomplished such a way as to demonstrate pride in our community as well as sincerity in our goals.
-Therapeutic and exploratory vocation -> this would include the spiritual and scientific aspects of the community.
-Rich cultural history -> this would include more ancient and more recent history, to include the traditional as well as the modern.
-Green appeal -> healthy, environmentally sound practice and ideology--everything from the manner of extraction to potential impact of legalizing trichocereus usage and peyote cultivation for quelling the currently destructive harvest of peyote.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 2/12/2010 5:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I wish i had stuff to add to these threads but most of what i read i already agree with so sounds good to me!
Long live the unwoke.

drotherside
#3 Posted : 2/12/2010 5:30:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I wish i had stuff to add to these threads but most of what i read i already agree with so sounds good to me!

Haha. I'm in the same boat as you. I think we need a specific forum for this kind of discussion. It would keep things much more organized.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 2/12/2010 6:01:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

drotherside wrote:
Haha. I'm in the same boat as you. I think we need a specific forum for this kind of discussion. It would keep things much more organized.

Possible solution: MediaWiki Extension:AWC's Forum

This thread, however, is intended to for a more focused discussion on the matter already under discussion in way too many threads not originally of that topic. I've said my bit in each of them, but I can't help but feel the discussion in those threads is not actually oriented at a goal so much as just a spouting of opinions. Hopefully this discussion can move over here and take on a much more constructive tone. Feel free to quote from those threads to this one, but take heed to this and the opening post before proceeding. Use this as the opportunity for for fresh approach of the topic.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 2/14/2010 4:58:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Rich cultural history

Maybe we should compile a list of known cultures who are currently using entheogens as part of their cultural practice. I can envision a table with 3 columns:

1. Name of Culture/Society
2. Estimated number of Members
3. Name of Entheogen they use

A green table cell would mean: This culture is currently using Entheogens,
A red or grey table would mean: This is a culture of the past

In a next step, each culture could be made clickable. Upon each click, a small portion of text would popup with some basic information on HOW the entheogen is used and what it means to THEM.

universecannon
#6 Posted : 2/14/2010 8:54:25 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
Rich cultural history

Maybe we should compile a list of known cultures who are currently using entheogens as part of their cultural practice. I can envision a table with 3 columns:

1. Name of Culture/Society
2. Estimated number of Members
3. Name of Entheogen they use

A green table cell would mean: This culture is currently using Entheogens,
A red or grey table would mean: This is a culture of the past

In a next step, each culture could be made clickable. Upon each click, a small portion of text would popup with some basic information on HOW the entheogen is used and what it means to THEM.

Thats a great idea. Theres some information on cultures using entheogens here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entheogen

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 2/14/2010 9:32:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I added the action hub to the OP. Keep in mind that:
-the title will change once conclusively voted upon.
-a logo can be added to the directory box once it's been designed.
-the hub isn't yet as comprehensive as it could be.
-each of the points of importance will be revised and given a section in which the ideas suggested in this thread will be developed.