We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue Extract Separation Question Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 9/14/2021 9:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1.67 gram full spectrum harmala hcl extract was dissolved in small amount of acidified water. Added to this was sodium bicarbonate, I mixed into water beforehand but could still see some particles swirling around after shaking water and baking soda together.

The first thing to crash out was a small layer of whitish chalky powder, looks like other times I have crashed out freebase harmala with washing soda. Crashed out above this, needles are forming, looks like manske.

Is the bottom layer excess sodium bicarbonate, and the remainder (needles) my harmine?
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210914_132426.jpg (1,842kb) downloaded 79 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 9/14/2021 10:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok. The chalky white precipitation stuck to bottom of jar, crystals mostly poured out into filter. What I have in my filter looks identical to manske hcl harmala. Can anyone shed some light on what is happening here?
IMG_20210914_141649.jpg (1,966kb) downloaded 76 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Loveall
#3 Posted : 9/14/2021 10:35:30 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Some harmaline remains as salt since sodium bicarbonate is weak, guess it can form needles if the Cl- concentration is high enough and temp is low, not sure.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 9/15/2021 2:49:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are the separated compounds dried on filters.
IMG_20210914_184513.jpg (1,756kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

Loveall
#5 Posted : 9/15/2021 3:02:34 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

You can dissolve the needles in water and see if FB harmalas crash when adding sodium carbonate.

Like I said before, maybe your concentrations and temperature and pH where such that you crashed harmaline salt. If so, using more water next time could help: I don't think it hurts to have extra and it if anything it cleans the FB.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚