We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The Quote Room Options

antrocles
#1 Posted : 1/23/2010 11:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

may this thread run for the long haul my brothers and sisters! i think this one has been coming for awhile and i think that having all of this channeled wisdom consolodated into one thread will make it easy to access beautiful pre-flight words of wisdom as well as everyday koans, mantras, observations and "keys to the kingdom(s)".... Pleased

there have been so many wonderful things i have read during my time here on the nexus. sages, gurus, great thinkers, movies, books, FELLOW NEXIANS....it doesn't matter the source....if it's wise, if it touches you, if it helps others....POST IT HERE!

i will be quoting many of you on this thread...and perhaps if this gets enough responses we will even start an actual ROOM and begin categorizing these little gems to make your search for inspiration that much easier to navigate...

i will begin with a few i've quoted in the recent past:

"no harm can befall a self-free person" - tao te ching

"unhappiness is defined as a feeling of being trapped in one's self...in one's own mind.." - buddhist teaching

"it is only to the extent that we are willing to expose ourselves over and over to annihilation that we are able to find that part of ourselves that is indestructable" - pema chodron

"LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!" - me Pleased

"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dimitrius
#2 Posted : 1/23/2010 11:44:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'll start off with the one that's in my sig...

"Within your heart there is a lotus, and within this lotus there is a diamond."

....look for it...literally...perceive it. see what happens.

perhaps on your next entheogenic journey.

it IS there.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

۩
#3 Posted : 1/23/2010 11:55:59 PM

"Spitting blood
clears up reality
and dream alike." - Sunao

Shadowman-x
#4 Posted : 1/24/2010 12:03:51 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

and when i'm standing there, on the edge of that cliff overlooking darkness, your face appears and says
"But if you leave now, the secrets of the universe won't reveal themselves to you"
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Thorz
#5 Posted : 1/24/2010 12:37:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Found this on facebook a while back, don't know who wrote it.

"Once one has experienced the Great Disillusionment one must learn to be motivated by something other than hope."

I like this one:

"Integrity has no need of rules." -Albert Camus
"Existence itself may be considered an abyss possessed of no meaning. I do not read this as a pessimistic statement but a declaration of autonomy for my imagination & will and their most beautiful act of bestowing meaning upon existence itself." -- Hakim Bey

endlessness
#6 Posted : 1/24/2010 12:48:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

and a few from Rumi, an incredible sufi poet:

“Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the artistry moving through and be silent.”

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

“This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”

“You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?”

“Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”

“I died a mineral, and became a plant.
I died a plant and rose an animal.
I died an animal and I became human.
Then why fear disappearance through death?
Next time I shall die
Bring forth wings and feathers like angels;
After that, soaring higher than angels--
What you cannot imagine
I shall be that.”

universecannon
#7 Posted : 1/24/2010 12:54:33 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

great thread.. The one in my sig set off some much needed sparks in my brain many years ago.

Few off the top of my head

"Lets tell that cop to come shit on us..(long silence)...omg i meant sit with us!" - friend tripping

"The western mind is very queasy around these experiences that cast into doubt its cherished illusions about how reality is put together, and when you get to DMT you have hit the main vein."
“The world which we perceive is a tiny fraction of the world which we can perceive, which is a tiny fraction of the perceivable world...”
- Terence McKenna

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger

"you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"-my dad to me at age 5, i proved him wrong soon after

“What the rest of us see only under the influence of mescaline, the artist is congenitally equipped to see all the time. His perception is not limited to what is biologically or socially useful. A little of the knowledge belonging to Mind at Large oozes past the reducing valve of brain and ego, into his consciousness. It is a knowledge of the intrinsic significance of every existent. For the artist, as for the mescaline taker, draperies are living hieroglyphs that stand in some peculiarly expressive way for the unfathomable mystery of our being. More even than the chair, though less perhaps than those wholly supernatural flowers, the folds of my flannel trousers were charged with “is-ness”. To what they owed this privileged status, I cannot say.” Aldous Huxley, doors of perception

There are a lot of experiments in psychology with figure ground; that is the relation of the background to what stands out. Now in our culture we’ve been trained for individual differences to stand out. So you look at each person and the immediate hit is ‘brighter dumber older younger richer poorer, and we make all these dimensional distinctions put them in categories and treat them that way. And we get so that we only see others as separate from ourselves in the ways in which they’re separate. And one of the dramatic characteristics of the psychedelic experience is being with another person and suddenly seeing the ways in which they are like you not different from you, and experiencing the fact that well yes indeed we are brothers in the true sense of the that which is essence in you and which is essence in me is indeed one."
”In most of our human relationships, we spend much of our time reassuring one another that our costumes of identity are on straight.”
- Richard Alpert

ill edit the last one when i get time, i dont think I remembered it right..EDIT: fixed: heres whole vid. baba ram dass explains ego death beautifully.

“The higher brain states are quite intense, and frightening or live changing to most. It is as if we are in a baby brain state, and are about to come to terms with the genuine adult brain. A function which we once used consciously, rather than unconsciously in our dreams and lucid dreams, and visionary bursts.” Ananda bosman

“Our relationship with the naturally intelligent biosphere is a bit like a child running rampage in its parent's home without the slightest inkling that its parents are sustaining it.” Simon Powell

“I actually had to develop a love of the disordered & puzzling, viewing reality as a vast riddle to be joyfully tackled, not in fear but with tireless fascination. What has been most needed is reality testing, & a willingness to face the possibility of self-negating experiences: i.e., real contradictions, with something being both true & not true.The enigma is alive, aware of us, & changing. It is partly created by our own minds: we alter it by perceiving it, since we are not outside it. As our views shift, it shifts. In a sense it is not there at all (acosmism). In another sense it is a vast intelligence: in another sense it is total harmonia and structure (how logically can. it be all three? Well, it is)” Phillip K Dick

KEEP THIS THREAD ROLLIN!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Dimitrius
#8 Posted : 1/24/2010 1:24:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"withinity" - house

a play on words that says so much.

into the Great Withinity, and beyond!
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Once
#9 Posted : 1/24/2010 2:07:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away"
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Buster
#10 Posted : 1/24/2010 3:01:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

''Feel.. Your.. Freeness!''. me.
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

antrocles
#11 Posted : 1/24/2010 3:25:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"intent and surrender....seemingly opposed concepts...but then again, so are sound and silence and when you put THOSE two together you get music...." - me.

"it is hard to fill a cup which is already full" - Mo'at (from AVATAR)

ALREADY this thread is filling up with some DEEP pearls! KEEP 'EM COMIN'!!

L&G!!
wisdom today."

Ice House
#12 Posted : 1/24/2010 3:52:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

One I always liked to remind myself while training and during life's trials and tribulations.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

not sure who said it first.

that one goes hand in hand with what I remind myself when dealing with fear-

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.

not sure who coined that one either.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

SoCal
#13 Posted : 1/24/2010 7:52:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I already started this thread in the hyperspace tavern, but its certainly no antrocles thread so carry on... Pleased

antrocles
#14 Posted : 1/24/2010 8:04:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OH!! sorry 'bout that my brother next door! i didn't see that sucker!

well...you can't have too much of a good thing now, can you? Pleased i'm hoping this thread will grow and that lots of folks will post up lots of wisdom and at some point i will start a new ROOM where i'll sort out and categorizing the quotes (gurus, books/movies, nexians, philosphers, koans, etc...) for better accessability. when i do this i will transfer all the posts on your thread to it as well!

and what do they say about great minds thinking alike?.... Pleased

L&G!!
wisdom today."

gardentoad
#15 Posted : 1/24/2010 8:16:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How about " Perfection includes the potential for change." Vic

Kazoo...
#16 Posted : 1/24/2010 8:30:37 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

"It is when the magician lets himself be captured by the magic that his audience will be most willing to join him"
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

Aegle
#17 Posted : 1/24/2010 10:50:00 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears."

"All plants are our brothers and sisters. They talk to us and if we listen, we can hear them."

"If we wonder often, the gift of knowledge will come"

"Our first teacher is our own heart."

"Don't be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts."

"In death, I am born."

"When a man moves away from nature his heart becomes hard."

"It is easy to be brave from a distance."

"Ask questions from your heart and you will be answered from the heart."

"It's impossible to awaken a man who is pretending to be asleep."

"It is no longer good enough to cry peace, we must act peace, live peace and live in peace."

"In our every deliberation we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations."

Just some treasures that i have come across....

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

jamie
#18 Posted : 1/24/2010 3:31:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"You must leave now take what you need you think will last, but whatever you wish to keep you better grab it fast...yonder stands your orphan with his gun, crying liek a fire inthe sun..look out the saints are comming through..and its all over now baby blue..

THe highway is for gamblers, better use your sense, take what you have gathered from coincidence, the empty handed painter from your street, is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets..the sky to is folding over you, and its all over now baby blue..

All your seasick sailors they're all rowing home..all your raindeer armies they're all going home..
the lover who has just walked out your door, has taken all his blankets from your floor...the carpet too is moving under you, and its all over now baby blue..

Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you..forget the dead you left they will not follow you..the vegabond whos rapping at your door, is standing in the cloths that you once wore..strike another match go start anew..and its all over now baby blue...."
Long live the unwoke.

SoCal
#19 Posted : 1/24/2010 10:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
OH!! sorry 'bout that my brother next door! i didn't see that sucker!

well...you can't have too much of a good thing now, can you? Pleased i'm hoping this thread will grow and that lots of folks will post up lots of wisdom and at some point i will start a new ROOM where i'll sort out and categorizing the quotes (gurus, books/movies, nexians, philosphers, koans, etc...) for better accessability. when i do this i will transfer all the posts on your thread to it as well!

and what do they say about great minds thinking alike?.... Pleased

L&G!!

no worries! my thread never really took off the way I wanted it to. This one, however, seems to have legs and since I too am thirsty for powerful quotes...the more the merrier!

L&G to you as well my brother!

namaste

transitory
#20 Posted : 1/24/2010 11:05:52 PM

currently intergrating

Fractal- love the Dylan quote, here's another...

You said you'd never compromise
With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
He's not selling any alibis
As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
And ask him do you want to make a deal?

I think that all of the 'I' sounds are alluding to the ego (dissolution of).

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
Woody Allen

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."
Leonardo Da Vinci

"The world is the mirror of myself dying."
Henry Miller

"We are all dead men on leave."
Eugene Levine

"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

123NEXT»