We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
10 year old spore prints? Options

dreamer042
Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless
#21 Posted : 11/19/2018 4:20:22 PM
Thanks for doing the experiment. Thumbs up

Glad to hear the new batch is going well. Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jbark
#22 Posted : 11/19/2018 5:42:26 PM
dreamer042 wrote:
Thanks for doing the experiment. Thumbs up

Glad to hear the new batch is going well. Cool

Thanks dreamer042!! I may steal a little mycelium from the fully colonized jars and put them in the uncolonized ones and see what happens. I'll post here when I do.

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Orion
#23 Posted : 11/19/2018 7:46:06 PM
Did you go straight from syringe to jar ? If so I wonder if liquid culture would have been different. Ever since seeing the difference it can make, even with fresh spores, I never looked back. I've never had a print that old though. Glad you're shrooming anyway!
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

jbark
#24 Posted : 11/19/2018 8:58:00 PM
Orion wrote:
Did you go straight from syringe to jar ? If so I wonder if liquid culture would have been different. Ever since seeing the difference it can make, even with fresh spores, I never looked back. I've never had a print that old though. Glad you're shrooming anyway!

Yeah: print > syringe > brf/verm mason jar.

New batch: ‘lab resaerch’ syringe > brf/verm mason jar

I’d love to try liquid culture. And also agar, eventually. Pftek (improved) is just so easy and reliable, and if I were to get huge yields from another method it would just mean a lot more time between growing. And I kinda like growing the damn things, so small yields are just fine.

In fact, I was consistently getting 60-80 dried grams from this method, if I remember, and even that, for personal use, lasts me a while.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#25 Posted : 11/19/2018 9:09:02 PM
jbark wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Rehydration of the spores may become an issue once they get that old. Pressure - as in, an air pump - can be applied to expedite the process and this is said to improve the germination rate.

Cobbling something together with a pop bottle and a tyre valve should do the trick, to give a most basic outline.

It will be most interesting to see the outcome of your experiment.

Where did you hear about this (and why would it be necessary...?) Very curious, but the process doesn't jibe with what I know about spores and mushrooms (which, admittedly, is relatively little Smile )

Cheers,

JBArk

A fairly expert grower and biochemist explained it to me as a way of 'waking up' seemingly inviable spores. Mind you, he was also pretty crazy, but there was ample reason to accept that he knew what he was doing...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jbark
#26 Posted : 11/20/2018 3:13:49 PM
downwardsfromzero wrote:
jbark wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Rehydration of the spores may become an issue once they get that old. Pressure - as in, an air pump - can be applied to expedite the process and this is said to improve the germination rate.

Cobbling something together with a pop bottle and a tyre valve should do the trick, to give a most basic outline.

It will be most interesting to see the outcome of your experiment.

Where did you hear about this (and why would it be necessary...?) Very curious, but the process doesn't jibe with what I know about spores and mushrooms (which, admittedly, is relatively little Smile )

Cheers,

JBArk

A fairly expert grower and biochemist explained it to me as a way of 'waking up' seemingly inviable spores. Mind you, he was also pretty crazy, but there was ample reason to accept that he knew what he was doing...

I think it’s safe to say we are all a little crazy here!Twisted Evil

JBArk

jbark
#27 Posted : 11/20/2018 3:14:33 PM
A few pics of the grow (separate jars):
jbark attached the following image(s):
IMG_0013.jpg (1,949kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
IMG_0014.jpg (1,917kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
IMG_0015.jpg (1,513kb) downloaded 22 time(s).

PREV12