We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
CEL Project: "The Nexus Experience" eBook Options

۩
#21 Posted : 2/23/2010 4:28:06 AM

great idea minxx, I like your style

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kartikay
#22 Posted : 2/25/2010 1:08:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ms Manic indirectly addresses an issue that I want to bring up.

The book's purpose as written is, in bold print "We must communicate to the people WHO we are, WHY we travel, and what we've found. It is our duty and responsibility to do so. Let's make this a masterpiece!"

I like that. That is exactly what I want to see come from this book, as this is not addressed in any length in any book or article that I've read.

However, from looking over the chapters/topics, it seems like this is not the focus. In fact, Ms Manic's forward would be the only part that I see so far that is devoted to addressing the WHO and WHY question.

There are other sections that will touch on this topic, of course. The re-integration section will talk about how we have integrated our experiences and the history section will talk about what the psychedelic culture was in the past. But there is no explicit focus on WHO or WHY there, especially WHO. There is no discussion of the present culture. We are this culture, and this is what we want the reader to understand. I want to remind everyone that the History, Safety, Law, Trip Reports and Medicinal subjects have been discussed before, by many other authors and many great speakers.

I am not just going to complain without a solution, though. I believe that we need one more section, and that the section should be about us. Who are these modern psychedelic users? How did we discover psychedelics? How did we choose to take a psychedelic for the first time? The second time? How do we justify ignoring the law? What have we gained and how has it affected our lives? Do we consider our psychedelic use to be spiritual/religious, curious research, or just a passing interest?

If a majority of people agree, then I'd like to gather a team of Nexians to create a questionnaire for members to fill out with the questions above and more. This would help us bring the community to life for the readers. I want them to know that these people exist in their state, in their neighborhood, and maybe even in their own house! I want them to understand our mindset and rationale, so as to realize that we are not all lunatics or lowlifes, but exist in every economic class, every profession, every ethnicity and every region. This cannot be done in just the introduction or the Integration section.

This book is about the psychedelic community, not psychedelics themselves. It is absolutely necessary to discuss the history and science of the sacraments, but without the discussion of the community itself, the book will not be very unique.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

ragabr
#23 Posted : 2/25/2010 2:14:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome idea kartikay.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

VisualDistortion
#24 Posted : 2/25/2010 2:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are a thousand journey reports out there.(Gonna try to refrain from calling it "tripping" from now on) Sure we could use a thousand more, but I think something that would be REALLY great is for people to write about the change that entheogens have precipitated in their life.

I think the best angle for CEL is take is the legalization of entheogens because people should have the right to explore their mind, body, and spirituality as they please. So to seperate our substances from the "tripping psychedelic" drug culture, there has to be purpose to our use and change in our lives.

But may I mind you that this is also a fight for scientific freedom, because these substances have showed tremendous promise for treating various things. It is also a fight for freedom just for the sake of freedom.

Also, I think it would be proper for people to shift their language. Instead of referring the substances we advocate as psychedelics, refer to them as entheogens. Instead of tripping, call it something else. The labels "psychedelic" and "trip" carry baggage with them that we need to avoid. Labels give impressions and form perception, and as we all know perception is reality in the minds of people.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

ms_manic_minxx
#25 Posted : 2/25/2010 5:29:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't been organizing solely experience reports, I have asked that most people also include a reflection at the end about what the experience has tangibly brought to the person's life, 1, 5, or 10 years in retrospect. Most, so far, have complied. Smile

Would it be a good idea for each person to include a short paragraph about who they are and why they choose to engage the molecule, before the account of the journey?

That could make for an even more interesting cross section...

Awesome points, thank you for bringing them up!
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Shpongle
#26 Posted : 2/26/2010 7:04:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My cat....
A great deal of meditation is required

Fear the Journey not the cops

FunFUnFUN

Rgeular Dudess
#27 Posted : 3/3/2010 6:07:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would be HAPPY to provide some artwork if my stuff would qualify.

Here are a few examples of my work:
http://farm3.static.flic...1891374_2442e1b54d_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flic...5394198_3e89b7f368_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flic...5630608_6550754ede_o.jpg

a1pha
#28 Posted : 3/3/2010 6:38:36 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Quote:
Who knows Adobe InDesgin? or epub-tools?

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

PREV12