We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
CEL Project: "The Nexus Experience" eBook Options

Acolyte
#1 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:15:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nominate your favorite Experience Reports Here!

We are the Avant-garde exploring a space most humans don't even know exist.
We must communicate to the people who we are, why we travel, and what we've found.

HERE IS OUR WIKI PAGE: The Nexus eBook

Creating an eBook of our positions and experiences would be an excellent achievable first step to get our word out and raise money.

Amazon.com has a digital service that allows writers to upload digital books that may be purchased in digital OR physical form! Physical copies are only printed once an order is made. No overhead, no risk, and no publisher control. The perfect environment for a Nexus book!

This book ought contain LEAGL material of illegal actions:

+ History of Ethnobotanicals
+ Health & Safety
+ Experience Reports from The Nexus
+ Dealing With Re-integration
+ AMAZING artwork
+ Lots of science!
+ ?

NOTHING will be used without the authors permission. The reports will have to be cleaned up, edited, and perhaps ought follow this format:

+ Dosage
+ The Experience
+ The User's Analysis
+ Selected Community Comments (with permission)

Thoughts?
?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:24:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thought crossed my mind as well. Do you plan to sell the book and use the money to support the organisation?

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 2/10/2010 4:21:12 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The best reports seem to be comming from antrocles and Pandora. And even though the reports are troublesome at times, they are very genuine and a good, solid read.

Please read the [IMPORTANT] Merging of SPANDRES into ELF thread. It might also a be a good idea to sell it at the proposed art webshop.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Acolyte
#4 Posted : 2/10/2010 11:07:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
This thought crossed my mind as well. Do you plan to sell the book and use the money to support the organisation?

Agreed! Though until we become a full on non-profit, the book will have to be under the name of someone we all trust.

Recommended publisher(?): Lulu.com 80% of profits are kept by the owner
http://www.lulu.com/publish/ebooks/?cid=nav_ebks

Publish On Demand background: http://www.sfwa.org/for-authors/writer-beware/pod/

For Amazon Kindle: https://dtp.amazon.com/mn/dashboard

@ Traveler Cool This Spandres project would be most perfect! Perhaps some of these artists could help visualize the most amazing Experience Reports once the selection is finalized!?! I'd like it very much if this book became a masterpiece. And i think it very well can be.

Any direct links for nominations? Don't be shy. Nominate yourself! Very happy
?

sunshineandsmiles
#5 Posted : 2/10/2010 11:37:50 PM

Sol-Id

Marvellous idea Very happy Experience reports were the very things that got me bitten by the entheogen bug. I love them to pieces. I'm certain that there must be a lot of folks that feel/will feel the same way Very happy
TIME WILL TELL...

ambi-lysergance
#6 Posted : 2/11/2010 8:29:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=2625

" into the void sector "

by ambi-lysergance

I would love some feedback from you guys to see if this report is appropriate for our needs.

it may also give you an example of my work for future creative writing projects relevant to our causeWink
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

foreversearching
#7 Posted : 2/11/2010 9:46:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love it! Awesome work. One thought though... maybe we should refrain from including words that strike a chord with the public. Tripping, hallucinations, etc. Anything that might make it seem like we are in anyway tied to the psychedelic experimentation of the 50's to 70's. While I believe very little bad came from those days, the words the government used when spreading negative propaganda should probably be avoided so it does not in any way seem like we are associating ourselves with the anti-war on drugs campaign. We must change the definitions of these chemicals. They are no longer "drugs". For now the government can keep up their battle on heroin and meth all they want. Heck, lets even emphasize our negative stance on being a drug addict and how our way of life can be a partner to the governments campaign on helping drug addicts.
β€œOnce social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot uneducate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore. We have seen the future, and the future is ours.”
Cesar Chavez
The future is ours

One day I hope to be the greatest sci-fi film maker. You should know everything I say is a fictional rant to get me creative juices flowing.

ms_manic_minxx
#8 Posted : 2/12/2010 3:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I propose we start collecting some of our favorite reports here--others many submit other material, if they wish--and then, after we have a base of material to work with, clean them up (grammatically, edit out smilies Razz ), and then use an established set of terms agreed upon, e.g., subbing "trip" with "journey" where applicable.

^^This kind of compilation and editing would be exactly my thing and I would be MORE than happy to do it.

Then we can all proof everything again before a final edition, etc.

*I also agree upon nixing words that were popular from the 60s, just because of the stereotypes... connotation is very important in writing!
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

picatris
#9 Posted : 2/12/2010 11:18:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One important issue that we should take care of is the scientific nature of the results. This is fundamental, if we are looking for any projection of our work. Strassman's work (the papers, not the book) was important because he did his tests on several subjects, repeated the essays several times and on different dosages for the same subjects.

There are several forums out there (e.g. drugs-forum) that encourage people to post more or less rigorous experiences, but seldom are there more than one report per person, which makes difficult, although not impossible, to get any conclusion out of if. Thus I encourage everyone to post their personal details (sex, age, weight) when getting more rigorous reporting. And naturally all the info one can get from the taken substance, where it did came, means of extraction and purification, external appearance and dosage. With this information the study could be a benchmark that could surpass in utility both erowid and Strassman's work

Another thing is that in the reports one should have both a objective as well as a subjective part. In a objective part, one would state facts like "It was impossible to walk", "intense chromatic open eyed visuals", or "abject fear". In the subjective part issues like "I had the feeling of being observed", "intense revelation of the fabric of the universe" or parts that relate solely to the experimenter life's should be described. The use of Shulgin's scale or D.M. turner's intensity scale are also subjective, but it would be important to use them wherever possible. One final word about Shulgin's scale is that much too many people relate having (++++) experiments all the time. The Shulgins themselves were particularly careful in classifying any experience as such and in all their experimentation you will find only a handful of (++++) reports.

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

Elpo
#10 Posted : 2/12/2010 11:30:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally agree with Picatris. If we just collect reports they will give the wrong impression. They will be considered as some hippie-mumbo-jumbo that normal people will/can not relate with.
The more scientific approach could take care of this misunderstanding.

Peace
Elpo

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I don't know guys, I really don't think the scientific approach is anything like what we're aiming at with the experience reports in particular. The point of the ebook seems to be to bundle up a good cross-section of the very heart of the community and present as an astoundingly rich and diverse history and culture. Balance is the key, however, so the empirical aspects of this must counter-balance the experiential aspects.

I don't think there's anything in the common experience reports to make us ashamed. For a hell of a lot of members, the experience reports are the life-blood of the community and the whole reason they got interested--not me, so much, but I can respect it.

Acolyte
#12 Posted : 2/12/2010 4:20:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is OUR Wiki PAGE: The Nexus eBook

I've set up a rough process to sort through nominations and sections. Feel free to edit the page and establish any desired criteria.

Also, think how to structure the whole book, and what each section ought consist of. To get us started I've taken a rough stab in the dark as to what this could entail (and guessed WHO might have interest doing which), but all this doesn't need to remain as such!

@ Ms. Minxx, expect some reports from Pandora coming your way!

this is most exciting.

a
?

picatris
#13 Posted : 2/12/2010 6:20:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
I don't know guys, I really don't think the scientific approach is anything like what we're aiming at with the experience reports in particular. The point of the ebook seems to be to bundle up a good cross-section of the very heart of the community and present as an astoundingly rich and diverse history and culture. Balance is the key, however, so the empirical aspects of this must counter-balance the experiential aspects.

That depends on what is the objective of the "organization". If we want something to put pressure on the legalization of such substances, there is no other way but the scientific way. It must be demonstrated that the use of such substances is safe if used within a given context, and for that we must provide hard data that can be analyzed without ambiguities. Working with such a community we may provide an amount of data, that no one has ever put together and thus strengthen our point of view.

Do not get me wrong, I'm all for the spiritual aspect of DMT containing substances; I even proposed to go for the constitution of a Church - that idea was not apparently the consensus, and the thread was basically ignored. However, If we are going for a secular organization, then, I'm afraid, science is the only way to talk to people and actually give us ground for sustaining our points of view.

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 2/12/2010 7:43:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are plenty of other ways, but the scientific is the strongest; however, only when used appropriately. I just don't see the point of publishing a bunch of scientific experience reports, what are we trying to prove? There is no scientific goal here, this isn't a study, this a representation of the community at large. So effects are apparent as low as 5mg and >60mg can induce blackouts, so what? We're trying to intrigue people with the ebook, not bore them to tears. Scientific experience reports are only of use to scientists who are already intent on researching and anyone else who have already made up their minds to try the substances in question.

In any case, what do you propose? That we come up with a whole new set of experience reports to put in the book and make sure that they're empirical in nature? We have to work with what we have, people, and it's time to recognize that what we have ain't so bad and is, in fact, remarkable.

Besides, what's a religion without revelations?

picatris
#15 Posted : 2/12/2010 9:16:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
So effects are apparent as low as 5mg and >60mg can induce blackouts, so what? We're trying to intrigue people with the ebook, not bore them to tears. Scientific experience reports are only of use to scientists who are already intent on researching and anyone else who have already made up their minds to try the substances in question.

Science does not need to be boring! Granted, a scientific essay would bore people. However a careful presentation of results, supported by lots of careful reports might only do good. And there are ways to make scientific findings appropriate for the general public

amor_fati wrote:
In any case, what do you propose? That we come up with a whole new set of experience reports to put in the book and make sure that they're empirical in nature? We have to work with what we have, people, and it's time to recognize that what we have ain't so bad and is, in fact, remarkable.

Making an ebook with reports can be redundant. What do we have to offer differently from the other fora? Take for example drugs-forum, bluelight or erowid? On the latter, at the time of this writing, there are 170 Ayahuasca reports and 250 on DMT alone. So what can we offer new? Are ours prettier or better?

My take is to be as rigorous as possible on the reports. They do not need to be dull, they just need to be recorded more accurately. I also propose that we do not loose focus on our goal which is that the plants should be kept free from whatever prohibition. Thus an emphasis on the source of the substances would be a necessity.

But then I may be wrong. I understand your concerns and they are legitimate. This only shows how necessary it is to have a clear vision of what is our goal. I do have one, but I'm ready to admit it may not be shared by all of us. I have presented my ideal solution before, but I'm willing to work to the common good of the community even if mine is not the vision followed.

amor_fati
#16 Posted : 2/12/2010 9:38:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

picatris wrote:
My take is to be as rigorous as possible on the reports. They do not need to be dull, they just need to be recorded more accurately. I also propose that we do not loose focus on our goal which is that the plants should be kept free from whatever prohibition. Thus an emphasis on the source of the substances would be a necessity.

I'm not in disagreement with this so much, but my real point is that you're calling for massive internal changes after the fact. If we want to put the ebook on hold until we can accumulate enough reports of a more rigorous empirical nature, perhaps that can be done, but it would take a long time, assuming willing participation. The science will be represented, but it will likely be represented alongside wildly vivid and highly personable accounts of psychonautica.

It matters little that the reports come strictly from the nexus--though perhaps we do have the edge in some respects--as other forums are just as underground to the public as this one. The point is the that they are selected and collected together and made readily available and visible to the public. It's like rather than expecting someone to rummage through our record collection, we make them a mixtape instead.

ms_manic_minxx
#17 Posted : 2/14/2010 4:20:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to say that this book is extremely important to me.

Written properly, this is a defense, explanation, and exploration for the deepest reaches of Self. This is literally knowledge for us to preserve, protect, and distribute. This is a priceless guide for future seekers...

This is a statement about the most INTIMATE nature of self.

This has to be done properly.

I am thrilled to see so many people signed up on the wiki, and so grateful for your help. This book is the ultimate portrayal of everything we hold most dear.

By the time the book is finished, all that should be XTAL CLEAR. Razz

The truth needs no defense. This will be the naked truth.

This is more or less my goal with the book...

Just a question, to EveningGlory, Metta, and others: are you independently organizing your "sections" of the book? If no one else is interested in ultimately compiling all the material, I will be happy to assemble the whole thing, once we have history/experience reports/science/etc. combined. I'm loving the wiki outline.

MUCH LOVE!!!! Smile

Edit: One of the big reasons Santo Daime has the legal protection it does was because there was an indisputable "sincerity of practice"...

ms_manic_minxx
#18 Posted : 2/16/2010 5:59:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a bump to say lots of people are contributing, thank you all for contributing, and everyone, please, contribute some more!! Smile

Things are moving well! Too embryonic to post huge updates here, but there are lots of great reports pouring in. Smile

PM me if you are interested!!!

ambi-lysergance
#19 Posted : 2/21/2010 1:45:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=9466
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=9360

I thought these pharma reports by joebono were excellant. he prob has a few others worth looking at

I love his writing style and his ponderings would make an excellant contribution to our experience report

and for the record ms manic your doing an absoloutlely outstanding job here, thanks.!

im here to assist you in anyway I can dear.

I gonna spend a god bit of time later to see what else I can find for our book.
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

ms_manic_minxx
#20 Posted : 2/23/2010 3:49:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am going to add a forward to this book, that will flow completely from the heart, about the essentials of why we all practice. I think there are already threads here about this, but if anyone has any stunning thoughts they feel should be mentioned, post it here or shoot me a PM, please!

This book should be the testament... the proof, so that, if anyone ever asks, "Why do you smoke DMT?" The proof is in the pudding. We have to let them taste the pudding... word pudding. Twisted Evil

12NEXT