We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Join a Leadership Group: Declare Yourself For ELF! Options

Acolyte
#1 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:05:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Declare Yourself For ELF!

This is a Human Resources survey of the interests and skills of our Nexus Community.
Please declare yourself ONLY if you have interest in helping, and state the practical skills you're willing to offer regarding our projects!

Here is who we have so far: Organization Groups

Very happy

Here is our Project To Do List

I underwent an Intergalactic Science Panel audit last night; They are very excited, and you should be too! Keep up the good work.
?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:32:36 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

As you probably all know already I have very large spectrum of skills in the ICT sector.

For the ELF I can:
* Create the website (Probably with a CMS Like Joomla or Drupal)
* Host/maintain the website
* Install extra web software like project management, donations, Document management, Wiki, etc.

Actually another project (SPANDRES, standing for Expanding Awareness) was on its way to be revealed to the DMT-Nexus community but I think I'll transform it into this new organisation for now.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

nadir
#3 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i could try promoting the whole idea (can talk to maya - ethn. owner, he's a nice guy)
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

Ginkgo
#4 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh Nadir, my brother, your signature put a huge smile on my face! Very happy

The most important thing I can help ELF with, has to be writing. Both articles (concerning next to everything, except chemistry) and also messages to people contacting us, and maybe also contact with the media. I can also help establishing this organization in Norway, as I know quite a few people that are willing to do something about the current situation.

I am also currently working on a site about entheogens and spirituality, kinda like a blog, but likely also with a community. This work is delayed due to a lot of the work I get paid to do, but when I launch it, I will be sure to let my readers know about ELF.

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:57:31 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Evening Glory wrote:
The most important thing I can help ELF with, has to be writing. Both articles (concerning next to everything, except chemistry) and also messages to people contacting us, and maybe also contact with the media.

We will need A LOT of good writers since we have to get the message out. I'm glad you can support Evening Glory.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 2/10/2010 4:01:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am just glad I can help out! Actually I am an excellent writer, but english is not my main language, so there will be errors. I think we will need a few people with exceptionally good knowledge of English, to proofread anything written. In order to get our message out to the general public, it is important that we seem like rational and well-educated people.

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:29:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I'm the director and co-founder of a community bicycle shop.

I'm a former director and founder of a small anti-war group.

I've had involvement in a campus secularist group.

I've participated in a few political campaigns, grassroots or otherwise.

I'm the proprietor and co-founder of a homegrown music and art label.

Held rank of an NCO in the USMC.

I can represent our cause to the local SSDP, and can make it to Lawrence on occasion.

My specialty is to simply move and make things happen, often with little to no resources.

Oh, and I'm pretty good at compiling ideas into brief comprehensive form (like with business plans, mission statements, manifestos and whatnot) and authoring wikis.

killuminati420
#8 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:36:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I cant really help much because the small town i live in, but i will spread the knowledge of entheogenics and DMT through everyone and everything i know....including websites, tags, and extracting and sharing!!!

I will try my hardest!
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

picatris
#9 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a Faculty member in a University and also a scientist with a strong background on quantitative methods and statistics. I can help by gathering relevant papers in the area of entheogenic research, and find faults in poorly researched studies...

Being within the U, I have access to tons of publications, which sometimes are not readily accessible

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:58:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would be very happy to help out. I'm going to be at university for at least another year after this, maybe more depending on options, and thus can get access to scientific literature. Also happy to proof read stuff and do any writing, words I think are my main creative medium.

ambi-lysergance
#11 Posted : 2/10/2010 6:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am willing to to do anything possible to help,

I have impeccable presentation, and orratory skills as well as writing.

I am an outstanding communicator with excellant negotiating skills.

I have a background in dance event promotion ( albeit small) but would be willing to spread awareness through the medium of music/club/free party/ festival type events

IM here, Im ready, Im passionate, and Im willing.

Wink

ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

Mendblade
#12 Posted : 2/10/2010 6:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will soon be transfering to the major university in my state perhaps I could work to set up a group of dedicated individuals for ELF.
Om Namah Shivaya

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 2/10/2010 8:27:13 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I'm a student (although currently on a one-semester school mandated hiatus) one semester away from getting my Anth/Poli Sci double major and a medical anth minor.

I would love to donate my skills as a writer/critical thinker. I have written several papers throughout my university career on entheogenic freedoms for various political science classes as well as papers on entheogenic effects/histories/research/cultures for my anthropology classes.

I have campaign experience for both political candidates and grassroots organizations.

I have access to those scientific archives as well when I'm reinstated to student status and can currently access them through my roommates accounts. I have been considering drafting a 5 year business plan for a entheogenic discussion group on campus (yea, that's right my school requires 5-year business plans for all student organizations). However, if I could do it as an extension of something we create on here, that would make my job a bazillion times easier.

Pretty much I can work on any literature from a writing/proofreading/constructive criticism point and am willing to provide/do anything remotely within my ken. As I'm currently starting to forge out my own career in ethnobotnay, this is too big of an opportunity too miss.

Please let me know what I can do and where my energies would be the most well spent.

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

clouds
#14 Posted : 2/10/2010 8:50:53 PM

Human

I can help translating from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish whatever documents may be necessary, including scientific texts.

I can help expand awareness of the project in places like Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia and Chile, I have lots of friends in these countries, most of which had enough about the repression on entheogenic use and want to do something about it, specially Spain and Argentina. There is also research going on in these places.

I can also help searching for relevant data, documentaries, articles and whatever information I consider may help the project.

Quoting ambi-lysergance:

ambi-lysergance" wrote:
Im here, Im ready, Im passionate, and Im willing.

obliguhl
#15 Posted : 2/10/2010 9:10:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can translate to german.
I also have some some experience with internet marketing but only willing to use it to a small and ethical extend such as advisery on page optimisation for maximum exposure.
Moreover, I do have a strong interest in developing ideas...I have to think some things through and will post a thread at the right time.
I have very limited experience with grassroot campagning.

This thread looks pretty nice already!

ragabr
#16 Posted : 2/10/2010 10:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have worked as an editor before, and am happy to help with that. I also have experience with local organizing. A fairly active Cannabis Coalition is in the area, so I could network with them.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

#17 Posted : 2/11/2010 12:04:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I make television documentaries, and I work for a very major global broadcaster.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

biopsylo
#18 Posted : 2/11/2010 12:30:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

more than willing to help with video editing on my elf machine.Cool

endlessness
#19 Posted : 2/11/2010 12:33:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Though english is also not my first language I generally have a good grasp and can express myself reasonably ok, so I can help with writting and proof-reading.

I'm a psychologist, if that helps in anything (though I am more in the area of education).

I know some people of Santo Daime, if that's needed. Also I can help with any translation from/to portuguese, or information/contacts in Brazil regarding ayahuasca.

ms_manic_minxx
#20 Posted : 2/11/2010 7:21:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can help with the writing, as well. I do a ton of creative writing in my free time, ideally some day to be published (nobody wanted a fantasy trilogy from an unpublished author when I was in high school, but this has not deterred me Razz ). So, any kind of proofreading, I would love to help assemble the e-book... (I'm pretty colloquial on the forums, BUT, forums are dialogue + emoticons Razz )

Are we including Ayahuasca in the "best experiences" section?

What about testimonies? It has been two years, for me, and my life has completely transformed in many lasting ways for the positive...

What about organizing a compendium of all the greenteks? Amor basically started this, already, but... it would be good to have something totally organized about that, too. In defense of "THIS IS NOT METH."

Please, sign me up!

An ebook about all the positive things is the uber testimony.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! <3 <3 <3

What happens when someone decides to piss off some of the most honest, open, conscientious, loving, and gracious people? They get FEROCIOUSLY CREATIVE and ORGANIZED!!! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

12NEXT