We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
BLAB - The Big Leisurely A/B Options

Pokey
#81 Posted : 4/3/2010 2:52:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

random wrote:
would it be possible to work this tek using lime instead lye? forgive my ignorance if this isn't possible...just a late night "Eruka" type moment. i REALLY want to do this tek, but lye scares me to death. living in a place where meth is very popular i think you get put on a list just for saying it. >.<

I know lye is a red flag in some places, but what do people who live in those places do when they have clogged drains?

Pokey

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Opiyum
#82 Posted : 6/25/2010 2:06:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is currently busy with three different extractions and has a quick question about one of them. Swim is 3 Limo pulls through the BLAB process and noticed that his Limo is now a deep orange color. The only pictures Swim has seen (like the one in this thread) show a solution that can been seen through quite easily and Swim realizes that this image was after the FASIso was added.
Swim should add that he has followed the procedure to a T except that his second limo pull sat overnight and was just now pulled. He then added his third 100ml of Limo. The first pull, which was only exposed to the base solution for 2 hours, was a milky yellow color that was also very opaque much like #2 but wasn't as orange. Now that #1 and #2 have mixed they both have formed a deep orange color.
So Swim is wondering if the deep orange color is normal and should Swim expect the FASIso to change the color into something more see through?
Swim is also in the middle of 69ron mesc extract and Noman's tek so Swim has been spending a great deal of time reading through lots of threads for specific information and quite frankly is tired and hopes someone will help with the query above.

Eden
#83 Posted : 6/25/2010 2:16:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dark limo is perfectly fine.
My later pulls are always darker.
I believe this is simply because the longer contact times of the later pulls will pick up more non actives from the soup.

Opiyum
#84 Posted : 6/25/2010 2:21:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh bless you Eden for the quick response. Swim is pleased to know all that he has heard about Eden appears to be true.

Opiyum
#85 Posted : 6/29/2010 11:59:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm...Swim ended up with the brown goo at the bottom of the FASis0/Limo. Swim removed the Limo/FASiso and has that in a new jar. The Brown sludge was picked up with just under 20ml of water and is being left to evaporate.
The new Limo/FASiso jar already has a light brown residue building up on the bottom. Swim is a bit worried about the color of the Limo/FASiso though. It has a soy milk or baby food beige color to it. Completely opaque.

shoe
#86 Posted : 6/30/2010 12:09:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason I like the idea of using lime instead of lye is so that we can move toward a 100% all natural tek. If you're deep into spirituality and allready using eco-soap and recycled toilet paper, I think you should help with the research in that area.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Eden
#87 Posted : 6/30/2010 12:36:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Opiyum, you may have mimosa/lye contamination.
In any case, the opaqueness is most likely just the precipitating fumarate. Keep stirring and after a few days run it through a coffee filter to pick up all the solids. To remove the contaminants, I believe the following steps would be sufficient (don't fully trust this though, someone else should probably verify).

-Redissolve solids in a basic solution
-Pull again with limonene, being careful to collect absolutely none of the water layer (where contams will be trapped)
-Resalt

Opiyum
#88 Posted : 6/30/2010 6:09:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy hell. Swim is happy with what he has found, only 6 hours later, at the bottom of his soy milk colored solution. Swim did overlook one thing and now realizes that it's going to be quite difficult retrieving these fumarates from the bottom of a 2500ml mason jar.
Swim is reminded of "Break glass in case of emergency" signs.
Swim loves how patience is such an important aspect to a lot of these teks.

sonofsnow
#89 Posted : 7/6/2010 3:27:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A little help neededSmile
SWIM had finished the BLAB and all went well...but got a bit upatient for the last bit...:
SWIM poured of the d-limonene from his crystals and turned glass upside down for excess limonene to drip out..then got unpatient and took 20ml water to collect furmates and poured onto evap dish and put in stove at 50 C with fan for evap.
Result was some crystalls put also some thick d-limonene oily substance..
What should he do now to get the oily stuff away?
The things that IS has a meaning,
but it`s what IS NOT that make them usefull

sonofsnow
#90 Posted : 7/6/2010 3:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sonofsnow wrote:
A little help neededSmile
SWIM had finished the BLAB and all went well...but got a bit upatient for the last bit...:
SWIM poured of the d-limonene from his crystals and turned glass upside down for excess limonene to drip out..then got unpatient and took 20ml water to collect furmates and poured onto evap dish and put in stove at 50 C with fan for evap.
Result was some crystalls put also some thick d-limonene oily substance..
What should he do now to get the oily stuff away?

It worked out...SWIM just scraped the pult substance back and forth for a while and it solidifyedVery happy
But the crystalls in the jar before adding water was some clear white and some more yellow after mixing with water and evap they ofc mixed and all got a yellowish colour... Is there a way to clean it to retrive more witheish product?
The things that IS has a meaning,
but it`s what IS NOT that make them usefull

arimane
#91 Posted : 7/7/2010 1:15:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A question: what if SWIM just takes the limonene and put to freeze precipitate?
It should work, doesn't it?
Bad, bad english

Eden
#92 Posted : 7/7/2010 1:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately, dmt's solubility in limo does not change drastically enough with temperature to allow freeze precip.
Gotta salt.

endlessness
#93 Posted : 7/7/2010 1:38:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep, as eden said... at freeze temperature dmt is still too soluble in limonene.. gotta salt and then freebase the salts.. its easy enough though.

arimane
#94 Posted : 7/7/2010 1:46:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh... thanks!

Yes, it's very easy indeed, just I didn't want the loss of passing from fumarate to freebase.
But doesn't matter, thanks again =)

SWIM'll try this tek up (doing his 3 standard acid cooks) =)

Thanks, Jorkest
Bad, bad english

endlessness
#95 Posted : 7/7/2010 2:15:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

is changa/enhanced leaf an option for you?

I ask because I had good yields in the conversion of acetate to freebase , as opposed to the considerable losses from fumarate to freebase. The issue is that my freebase from acetates never crystalized, they remained as a goo, so I made changa out of that instead... But it turned out to be the most delicious changa I've ever tried, so good smelling and potent stuff!

Eden
#96 Posted : 7/7/2010 2:37:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. So your prefer to freebase from acetate in changa making? Are there any significant issues in spice weighing due to the goo form or is it fairly accurate for ratios?

endlessness
#97 Posted : 7/7/2010 2:57:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I mostly keep the fumarates for oral ingestion, and make nice changa from converted acetates.

As for weighing the converted acetates, yeah being a goo would be a problem to weigh, but what I did was to low-ball estimate the amount of dmt (I calculated around 1%), and then to pull the sodium carb/acetate mix with IPA (also tested with acetone, worked just as well), and evap that on the equivalent amount of caapi leaf to make an estimated 1:1 ratio. Then after it dried I weighed, and subtracting the total weigh by the amount of leaf I added, I knew the weigh of dmt. Its better to use less caapi leaf just in case, and then maybe have a very strong (and sticky) batch, than to have a too weak batch, because if its weak you cant really go back, but if its too strong you can always just add more leafs and soak with more IPA/acetone so that it dilutes it a bit more.

arimane
#98 Posted : 7/7/2010 1:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
is changa/enhanced leaf an option for you?

I ask because I had good yields in the conversion of acetate to freebase , as opposed to the considerable losses from fumarate to freebase. The issue is that my freebase from acetates never crystalized, they remained as a goo, so I made changa out of that instead... But it turned out to be the most delicious changa I've ever tried, so good smelling and potent stuff!

Interesting... yes, I'm a changa lover. so you just use vinegar, wich would set on the bottom, and decant the limo out (or suck up the vinegar with a turkey buster), and put it to enhance with sodium carbonate and Acetone/IPA?
Since the freebase gets out, don't you find yourself with acetic acid on the changa?
Bad, bad english

Eden
#99 Posted : 7/7/2010 1:41:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The sodium carbonate reacts with and neutralizes the acetic acid freeing the DMT in a freebase form. The freebase then migrates to the IPA/acetone which is used for the changa evap.

arimane
#100 Posted : 7/7/2010 1:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I would need to decant the liquid, if as you tell me I'd have sodium carbonate-acetic acid residues... hoping they're not soluble in Acetone
Bad, bad english

«PREV34567NEXT»