We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
US Legal States - Finding Jobs on the Ground Options

kerelsk
#1 Posted : 6/22/2017 8:57:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm thinking about moving westward for multiple reasons, and I wanted to see if any fellow Nexians have experiences, info on finding cannabis jobs in legal US states.

I don't want anyone to post about specific job listings or connections, not really looking for that.

But for those living in California specifically... is it easy/possible to say find a job working with plants? Trimming and the like...? Is it legally safe to be a trimmer?

Could I show up and ask around, and have any hope of success?

It seems like a tender subject, hope I can gain some understanding. Thanks everyone.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

kerelsk
#2 Posted : 6/22/2018 8:07:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello my beautiful Nexus family! I actually went for an adventure to the west coast of the US from my home on the east with my consort. We abandoned most of our possessions and have been living in a van.

I was very interested to check out what Humboldt is like, since naturally one might expect something interesting with so many people revolving around the sun of Cannabis. And you really can feel the influence. There's few shops and the only chain stores are in the Fortuna-Eureka-Arcata area. There appears to be a massive soil industry.
I really enjoyed the populace, as nearly everyone we met seemed to be somewhat rogue and thus unbureaucratic and unabashed, and easy to drop pretension around. Just the vibe I got.
On multiple occasions we ran into growing cannabis plots, and turned around. It's everywhere! Once my GPS took me to a farm in the middle of Willow Creek CA, marked as a park. And I thought that place was on federal land?! No idea, its everywhere.

I fear for the old weed farmers now I met though, and the countless ones unseen in the hills. Many of them are unable to pay for licensing from the state and of those that can the process is sure to change.
We had the opportunity to trim, and possibly be one of the last trimmigrants in Humboldt. In the future, the farmer we worked with will send the raw herb to a facility for trimming, not sure if that's government run or not. Anyway the profit will be a lot lower, so that's a loss for everyone in that community.
But honestly the price of herb has been too high since prohibition began, and trimming is not fun so why not let robots do it.
I'd love to expound more but time is limited. We might get into a place sometime this next week, then I can post some more.
Big grin