We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
That moment after dabbing concentrate...where does it come from? Options

steppa
#1 Posted : 5/24/2016 7:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know what I mean? Immediatly after the hit. Where you can become a bit dizzy and see stars. What's the reason for this?

What comes on when he grabs his forehead:

Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Psybin
#2 Posted : 5/24/2016 9:00:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a theory that it's from the THC condensing on the insides of your lungs for a second or two before it's absorbed/metabolized and the fact that the THC vapor is displacing O2. So basically I think it's O2 deprivation in tandem with the THC and cannabinoids tickling your brain Pleased

Btw, I love that video haha

Gone-and-Back
#3 Posted : 5/24/2016 10:04:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have had this happen from very large hits off a bong or vaporizer before as well, but not as often as with dabs. I think I agree it has to do with the decrease of oxygen and the huge increase in cannabinoids.

I imagine it's more common with concentrates because your flooding your system with a lot more thc then you would be able to do with any other ROA. Even so, it usually only happens to me if I hold the hit in for a while, compared to exhaling it after a second or two. This makes me think even more that it's the combination of the two, decrease in oxygen and flooding of thc.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Psybin
#4 Posted : 5/24/2016 10:33:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's also the fact that hot vapor contact with the epithelial cells of your lungs can contribute to that punched-in-the-chest feeling, along with the fact that you actually have taste buds on the inner surface of your lungs and cannabinoids are somewhat bitter (coughing is the equivalent of the gag reflex, both of which can be triggered by bitterness).

http://www.dailymail.co....t-bitter-substances.html
http://umm.edu/news-and-...th-asthma-breathe-easier

TGO
#5 Posted : 5/25/2016 1:34:05 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Laughing

"whoa dude, I better go sit down..."

"You're sitting down bro..."

Thumbs up

Dabs always knock me on my butt. The first time I ever took a dab, I was standing and didn't know what to expect really...so after taking the hit I ended up stumbling onto the stairs behind me and that is where I stayed for the next hour or so!

Laughing

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

steppa
#6 Posted : 5/25/2016 11:53:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey,

yeah, the O2 deprivation thing seems to be the most logical approach. But I'm actually unsure how much it really does to this. That's because I can't obsorve the same thing when vaping e-juice from an e-cig. I can inhale HUUUUGE ammounts of vapor with this and blow clouds so thick and big that one probaly couldn't recreate them with dabbing. The O2 deprivation would be at least the same or even stronger, imho. Still...no such effect.

What I'm aiming at...

Do you guys think some funky terpenes, besides THC (which seems to come on much slower for me. It needs at least a few minutes for me), could be responsible for that?

And yeah...I like the video too. That guy is so sympathic to me and I can really relate.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Leithen
#7 Posted : 7/2/2016 12:47:45 AM

Be Here Now

No definite answers here but a few things to add.

I've always felt like concentrates that are noticably more "terpy" hurt far more and tighten up my chest a lot. I was never sure why but it did give me a different feeling on the "come up". I also always sweat way more.

As for O2 deprivation, 3 or 4 of my friends have had sizures immediatley following bong rips or dabs. One of those people told me this was caused by O2 deprivation. It seems like if this could happen than surley seeing stars and feeling light headed would not be unreasonable at all.
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

lysurgeon
#8 Posted : 7/8/2016 10:07:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I concur with the statement that increased terpene content in the hash oil makes for a more difficult time adjusting after the dab, physically as well as mentally. The practically tasteless free-pouring sand stuff does not hurt when dabbed, and provokes coughing only for a couple seconds. Every time I smoke piney smelling or sticky/oily hash oil, it knocks me down and gives me a coughing fit that lasts several minutes, similar to but not nearly as bad as a solid rip from a gravity bong.