We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Harmine and Harmaline Separation - My Photo Tek - Telepathine Tek Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 7/16/2009 11:29:13 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Attached.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Observant
#2 Posted : 7/17/2009 2:01:48 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Really like your pictorials . They help- and will help me a lot with my current harmala extraction.
Definetely gonna try the separation.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Tribal
#3 Posted : 7/17/2009 6:30:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very nice! Excellent work. I've been curious about this for awhile now, and that clarifies just about everything. Thanks!

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 7/17/2009 11:09:41 AM

The Root

manske pictoral on the way.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

smokeydaze
#5 Posted : 7/17/2009 1:38:01 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Very very impressive, good work to all involved!!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 7/17/2009 1:53:14 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

The UV pictures of the harmalas are the most stunning ones SWIM has seen!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

endlessness
#7 Posted : 7/17/2009 1:56:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

excellent work phlux.. I must say I appreciated ever since you started posting pictures of SWIY's purpouses.

Great pictures.. might I ask what equip/lens ?

thank you Smile

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 7/17/2009 2:31:28 PM

The Root

hehe the pictures were taken with a samsung 10.2megapixel camera but i had to shrink em down to 800x600 for this tek.
i love posting pictures of this kinda thing - heh
next -(should have been first) is a nice full manske pictoral - almost done.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

ibeing897
#9 Posted : 7/19/2009 6:35:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When adding the sodium carbonate, is there a way to do it without a ph reading, I mean, can you do it a drop at a time until the harmine precips, can you observe the precip as it as it happens or do you have to wait? the doc says wait but surely then you cant do it drop wise... sorry just wondering. This is obviously easy to test for myself but I hate waste Sad
all posts are fictional

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 7/19/2009 8:50:29 AM

The Root

hrmmm well - first time ever - swim kept some lab notes.
500mg harmala alkys disoloved in 28ml water + 6ml vinegar made the ph 4.74
40 drops of very potent sodium carbonate water were added until the ph was 7.14 - might have been a bit over 7.14 because on collection swim noticed the ph was a tad higher - high enough to precip harmine but not harmaline.
for the harmaline just bomb the ph up after separation.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

kemist
#11 Posted : 11/13/2009 8:37:56 PM

John

Sorry haven`t read tek cos don`t wanna download any zip files, can you copy/paste (just the text bits) on the board into this thread please ?

DON`T think that making solution of Na2CO3 or even NAHCO3 is necessary.
Both not dissolving well in water so what ILPT does is:
Heat the acidic or neutral solution of harmalas salt up to 80-90 C and then start to add very slowly SOLID (finely powdered) carbonate or bicarbonate.
Precip. form in matter of seconds and settling down in matter of minutes

Those ain`t strong bases as NaOH is, so they wan`t overlap pH localy or dramaticly increase temperature localy like solid NaOH would.Therefore they wan`t spoil anything in the product.
It`s only benefical as one doesn`t rise ammount of total water in final solution. Especially with harmaline is wise, not to use too much water when freebasing, as harmaline is slightly soluble in water.

One can`t control pH until the solution cool down but pH control is not necessary if one have a sense for the freebasing.
ILPT used pH meter(papers) only once. Since there he just eyballing and it does work perfectly.

It`s like with cooking (baking). Good cook (baker) never weighing,just eyballing and it`s always fantastic. Just like my mum, lol.
Bless
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

endlessness
#12 Posted : 11/13/2009 10:54:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah just add sodium BIcarbonate freely to precipitate harmine first, wait few minutes (or hours just in case), filter.. finish off by adding sodium carbonate freely, wait a while again and filter.. The pH will be good no need to worry

corridors of my cells
#13 Posted : 11/13/2009 11:24:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

great job my friend.. thanks a lot ive been thinkin about this harmine extraction since sometime Razz coz smoking with the machine can be harsh for lungs sometimes when the metal wool is not changed frequently. And i wanna go for oral administration. I havent read much about it yet since i was a bi lazy to read about it. But before i crystalize all my stuff i wanna prepare some pharmahuasca. anyone know good dmt/harmine ratios for 70kgs body weight btw?

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 11/14/2009 12:25:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here ya go, kemist: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Phlux%27s_Telepathine_Tek

No photos or markup, yet.

Excellent work, phlux! SWIM was thinking just thinking about syrian rue. He loves your syringe filtering method, by the way.

Phlux-
#15 Posted : 11/14/2009 4:04:37 AM

The Root

see the reason sodium carbonate wasnt added directly is explained in my post with the manske proceedure - the solution got saturated before the ph was high enough to drop out the harmaline.

Also i just noticed something the other day - was stuffing around with some harmaline in da kishen - converting it between salt forms, deciding which one looks best... I placed 100mg harmaline hcl into some water then when it was disolved i added some acetone - immediatly the solution went cloudy then over a period of time - loads precipped.

Looks like just harmaline as it is white, harmine seems to have stayed disolved - this could be a potent purification step.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Crystalito
#16 Posted : 11/14/2009 11:25:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very very interesting observation Phlux!!!!

I dont know the pH of acetone ,was the acetone you added pure or in a solution? Looking around the web ,although i cannot confirm the credibility of the source, i found in wikianswers that it is "usually around 6-7, a little acidic to neutral" so if thats true something else must be happening apart from a pH related percipitation (propably solubility issues?).

You could try two experiments one with pure harmine and acetone addition and one with pure harmaline to see how they behave. Also i wonder what the behaviour of THH would be in acetone.

Hmmmm has anyone tried dissolving a crude "Hasenfratz" ("Manske"Pleased product in acetone?

Good work Phlux! By the way, in case i missed it : you mentioned in this thread that you are making also a Manske pictorial? Did you do it?

amor_fati
#17 Posted : 11/16/2009 8:13:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
Here ya go, kemist: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Phlux%27s_Telepathine_Tek

No photos or markup, yet.

Excellent work, phlux! SWIM was thinking just thinking about syrian rue. He loves your syringe filtering method, by the way.

It would seem that Traveler's picked up my slack on this, and it's essentially complete. And might I say, it looks beautiful on the wiki (thanks Traveler!)! Keep churning out the pictorials, Phlux! When I get time, I'll go back and see if we've gotten all of them thus far.

Phlux-
#18 Posted : 11/16/2009 8:38:30 AM

The Root

yep - here it is - http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=4469
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

kemist
#19 Posted : 11/16/2009 10:05:37 AM

John

Phlux- wrote:

Aw this one, Rolling eyes
Nice one ! Wink
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

endlessness
#20 Posted : 11/21/2009 2:26:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

after billions of clean up on some seeds from india, here's the nice clean stuff I got:

Harmine

and harmaline

12NEXT