We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will smoked Rue cause MAOI? Options

Mystic Cannibal
#1 Posted : 7/14/2009 3:37:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is pretty basic stuff but if i smoke syrian rue will i still have to watch my diet and such? I suspect the answer is yes but nothing would be going into my stomach so who knows? If someone were to smoke rue and then take a gelcap of DMT would it be active?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 7/14/2009 12:38:46 PM

The Great Namah

Mystic Cannibal wrote:
This is pretty basic stuff but if i smoke syrian rue will i still have to watch my diet and such? I suspect the answer is yes but nothing would be going into my stomach so who knows? If someone were to smoke rue and then take a gelcap of DMT would it be active?

I would stay away from pharmaceuticals but you do not have to watch your diet. the MAOI's in your stomach would not be fully inhibited by smoking rue (or extract).

Most people will tell you that with Rue and Caapi you do not need to watch your diet (unless it is part of a spiritual preparation).
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Mystic Cannibal
#3 Posted : 7/14/2009 10:23:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh no kidding, but I guess that means SWIM wouldnt be able to take the DMT orally after smoking rue extract. Still that could be good to potentiate Snuff? or non oral methods of ingestion? Good stuff, SWIM generally errors on the side of caution with these things so in the past SWIM was always worried about everything SWIM ate before hand.

Thanks

biopsylo
#4 Posted : 8/1/2009 4:34:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ever try smoking rue seeds while on psilocybin? works wonders for swim, and is almost instantaneous.

lonewolf123
#5 Posted : 8/16/2009 6:40:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I take clonazepam (A benzo I believe), should I not take caapi or rue because of this? And does anyone know of a good thread for beginners guide to what to take with spice? Ive never taken anything besides spice and small amounts of shrooms and salvia a few times and ive only heard about MAOIs from this forum (the only forum I visit) so all this is brand new to me. Some beginners help would be greatly appreciated...

69ron
#6 Posted : 8/16/2009 7:31:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When doing research on interactions with harmala alkaloids DO NOT LOOK AT OLD MAOI RESEARCH, look at new RIMA research. Harmala alkaloids are RIMAs, not full blown MAOI compounds. They are much safer. This is why ayahuasca often contains things forbidden to use with MAOI compounds, because ayahuasca only contains RIMAs.

RIMAs are Reversible Inhibitors of MAO subtype A. Most other MAOI compounds are not RIMAs, they are not reversible, they permanently destroy MAO and are many times more dangerous. For example, eating aged cheese high in tyramine is relatively safe when using RIMAs, but can kill you if you’re using normal MAOI compounds.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lonewolf123
#7 Posted : 8/16/2009 7:35:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So is caapi and rue considered MAOI or RIMA? and maybe SWIY can suggest a newbie friendly combination?

69ron
#8 Posted : 8/16/2009 7:52:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caapi and Rue are RIMAs only.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

MagikVenom
#9 Posted : 8/16/2009 10:59:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lonewolf123 wrote:
I take clonazepam (A benzo I believe), should I not take caapi or rue because of this? And does anyone know of a good thread for beginners guide to what to take with spice? Ive never taken anything besides spice and small amounts of shrooms and salvia a few times and ive only heard about MAOIs from this forum (the only forum I visit) so all this is brand new to me. Some beginners help would be greatly appreciated...

I am not a Dr and do not give medical advise. If you stick with recommended dosage and NO booze you should be fine. You should still do your research because you cant believe what people say especially these days information is zooming all over the place with little time for fact checking.

Good luck

PEACE
MV

lonewolf123
#10 Posted : 8/16/2009 11:51:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definately wouldnt do anything without more research.... but certain people on this forum I have come to respect such as 69ron and yourself (and a few others). So you guys giving me a starting point is great! Thanks for everyones responses though

69ron
#11 Posted : 8/17/2009 12:47:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would do some research and check if clonazepam is safe to use with moclobemide. Moclobemide is a popular pharmaceutical grade relatively safe RIMA, and not a full blown highly dangerous MAOI. If a dangerous interaction exists between clonazepam and moclobemide, then likely the same would be true for the harmala alkaloids (harmine, harmaline, THH, and harmalol) and plants containing them (rue and caapi) because they have essentially the same RIMA actions as moclobemide.

69ron
#12 Posted : 8/17/2009 12:54:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently moclobemide is sometimes prescribed along with clonazepam, so the combination of a RIMA with clonazepam seems to be safe enough for doctors to give to patients.

MagikVenom
#13 Posted : 8/17/2009 12:59:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM knows all about super fragilistic benzos dancing on the head of the pin by the five hundreds lot

Fragilistic obdoses was suckin down bu KU BE nzos in enormous no interactions for me 150mg big V not much but relax.

high tolerance OVER AND OUTTHERE

This took place in another space and time

it is a dream locked in the past(or is it)Shocked said and done
interesting experement!
relaxing too.........Laughing

No prob found
yeah code................................

MV

lonewolf123
#14 Posted : 8/17/2009 1:07:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool 69Ron, ill check into that myself....thank you

Glad to hear everything went alright with you too MV

Kannamate
#15 Posted : 9/3/2009 12:41:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can one smoke the seeds as is powdered,or does it need to be freebased? I have a friend that is on methadone for pain and adderall for ADHD should he avoid taking rue,or would he be fine if he didn't take his medication for some period before use?