We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Cannabinoid & Cannabis Studies, Documentaries & the like Options

DreaMTripper
#81 Posted : 7/30/2014 6:41:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
DreaMTripper wrote:
Im on the fence about THC being a catalyst for schizophrenia and psychosis Ive observed paranoia in myself on a number of occasions however I link that to some underlying fears I have.

Sure, there's no action without side action.

and society and the law too...

Just started watching 'Smoking Weed with The President of Uraguay' .. Its on Docuhub through xbmc if you have it. Seems to be a few on there.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cave paintings
#82 Posted : 8/30/2014 4:11:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanted to add a paper I had on cannabinoids and cancer; more specifically, their ability to regulate the movement of tumor associated macrophages (TAMS) - immune cells that can eventually become recruited by the tumor to promote vascularization and a phenotype favoring immunosuppression.
Living to Give

Cosmic Spore
#83 Posted : 10/4/2014 8:33:35 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Cannabis archive updated. That's about all I can acquire for now.
If anyone can, please acquire the following requests & post them here.

Requests

Arteritis caused by Cannabis indica.
STERNE J, DUCASTAING C
Archives des Maladies du Coeur et des Vaisseaux [1960, 53:143-147]
(PMID:13834494)

Marijuana Conviction: A History of Marijuana Prohibition in the United States
Richard J. Bonnie; Charles H. Whitebread II
Date Published: 1999
Page Count: 389
Sponsoring Agency: Lindesmith Ctr New York, NY 10019
Publication Number: ISBN 1-891385-06-2

Effect of cannabis indica on hexobarbital sleeping time and tissue respiration of rat brain.
(PMID:14014152)

The pharmacohistory of Cannabis sativa
Mechoulam, R.

Cannabinoids
Grotenhermen, Franjo
Source: Current Drug Targets-CNS & Neurological Disorders, Volume 4, Number 5, October 2005, pp. 507-530(24)
Publisher: Bentham Science Publishers

Natural and Synthetic Endocannabinoids and Their Structure-Activity Relationships
Palmer, S.L.; Khanolkar, A.D.; Makriyannis, A.
Source: Current Pharmaceutical Design, Volume 6, Number 13, 1 September 2000, pp. 1381-1397(17)
Publisher: Bentham Science Publishers

THE ESSENTIAL OIL OF CANNABIS SATIVA
Th. Malingre, H. Hendriks, S. Batterman, R. Bos, J. Visser

OBSERVATIONS ON THE PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTIONS OF CANNABIS INDICA. II.
BOSE BC, SAIFI AQ, BHAGWAT AW.
Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther. 1964 Jan 1;147:285-90.
PMID: 14116938

Medical marijuana and its use by the immunocompromised.
(PMID:9141290)

Cannabis in Medical Practice: A Legal, Historical and Pharmacological overview of the therapeutic use of marijuana. (book)
edited by Mary Lynn Mathre, R.N.

Random thoughts and queries on the botany of Cannabis. [Hemp] [1970]
Schultes, R.E.

The cultivation of hemp: botany, varieties, cultivation and harvesting. (Book)
Bócsa, I.; Karus, M.; Filbin, C.
The cultivation of hemp: botany, varieties, cultivation and harvesting. 1998 pp. vi + 184 pp.
ISBN: 1-886874-03-4

Cannabis and Cannabinoids: Pharmacology, toxicology, and therapeutic potential (book)
Franjo Grotenhermen and Ethan Russo

Domestic marijuana [1992]
Weisheit, Ralph A.

Pharmacological Approaches to the Study of the Cannabis Problem
José Ribeiro do Valle
Substance Use & Misuse, 1969, Vol. 4, No. 4
(doi: 10.3109/10826086909062039)

Keep off the grass: marijuana use and acute cardiovascular events
Caldicott, David G.E.a; Holmes, Jamesa; Roberts-Thomson, Kurt C.b; Mahar, Leob
European Journal of Emergency Medicine:
October 2005 - Volume 12 - Issue 5 - pp 236-244

Acute inferior myocardial infarction due to cannabis smoking in a young man
Kocabay, Gonenc; Yildiz, Mustafa; Duran, Nilufer Eksi; Ozkan, Mehmet
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine:
September 2009 - Volume 10 - Issue 9 - p 669–670
doi: 10.2459/JCM.0b013e32832bcfbe

Effect of marijuana and placebo-marijuana smoking on psychological state and on psychophysiological cardiovascular functioning in anginal patients.
(PMID:870096)
Gottschalk LA, Aronow WS, Prakash R
Biological Psychiatry [1977, 12(2):255-266]

Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook: comfort foods for mind and body
by Sandy Moriarty (Author), Richard Lee (Preface), Denis Peron (Foreword)
ISBN-10: 0932551955
ISBN-13: 978-0932551955
Publisher: Quick American Archives (November 1, 2010)

Cannabis and culture
by Vera Rubin
ISBN: 9789027976697
Publisher: Walter de Gruyter (Jan 1, 1975)

Cannabis indica var. kafiristanica
by Vavilov (1929)

Cannabis indica var. spontanea Vav.
by Vavilov (1926)

Selective Ligands and Cellular Effectors of a G Protein-Coupled Endothelial Cannabinoid Receptor

Cellular effects of cannabinoids

Genetic Effects of Marijuana

Cannabinoids Protect Cells from Oxidative Cell Death: A Receptor-Independent Mechanism

Cannabinol delays symptom onset in SOD1 (G93A) transgenic mice without affecting survival

Effect of a nitrogen analog of tetrahydrocannabinol on cancer pain

Abuse potential and psychoactive effects of δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol oromucosal spray (Sativex), a new cannabinoid medicine.
September 2011, Vol. 10, No. 5 , Pages 675-685 (doi:10.1517/14740338.2011.575778)
Philip Robson. Cannabinoid Research Institute, GW Pharma, Porton Down Science Park, Salisbury SP4 0JQ, UK Oxford University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK +44 01865 730969; pjr@gwpharm.com Address for correspondence

Ufostrahlen
#84 Posted : 2/5/2015 1:08:30 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Daily Marijuana Use Is Not Associated with Brain Morphometric Measures in Adolescents or Adults
The Journal of Neuroscience, 28 January 2015, 35(4): 1505-1512; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2946-14.2015

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/4/1505

Quote:
Recent research has suggested that marijuana use is associated with volumetric and shape differences in subcortical structures, including the nucleus accumbens and amygdala, in a dose-dependent fashion. Replication of such results in well controlled studies is essential to clarify the effects of marijuana. To that end, this retrospective study examined brain morphology in a sample of adult daily marijuana users (n = 29) versus nonusers (n = 29) and a sample of adolescent daily users (n = 50) versus nonusers (n = 50). Groups were matched on a critical confounding variable, alcohol use, to a far greater degree than in previously published studies. We acquired high-resolution MRI scans, and investigated group differences in gray matter using voxel-based morphometry, surface-based morphometry, and shape analysis in structures suggested to be associated with marijuana use, as follows: the nucleus accumbens, amygdala, hippocampus, and cerebellum. No statistically significant differences were found between daily users and nonusers on volume or shape in the regions of interest. Effect sizes suggest that the failure to find differences was not due to a lack of statistical power, but rather was due to the lack of even a modest effect. In sum, the results indicate that, when carefully controlling for alcohol use, gender, age, and other variables, there is no association between marijuana use and standard volumetric or shape measurements of subcortical structures.

Quote:
In conclusion, clear evidence regarding the effects of marijuana on the brain and on health in general are important for informing the public and policy makers about the potential risks and/or benefits of marijuana use. The press may not cite studies that do not find sensational effects, but these studies are still extremely important. While the literature clearly supports a deleterious short-term effect of marijuana on learning and memory (Ranganathan and D’Souza, 2006; Crane et al., 2013), it seems unlikely that marijuana use has the same level of long-term deleterious effects on brain morphology as other drugs like alcohol.

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

DreaMTripper
#85 Posted : 2/12/2015 7:15:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This study may go some way to explaining the reason some people feel anxious after ingesting cannabis. Disruption of the glutamatergic system.(see PDF attached)
I may be having a wild stab in the dark but subjectively Ive found piracetam decreases any anxiety felt after ingesting cannabis and these reports seem to explain why..one attached.

www.medicographia.com/20...-anxiety-and-depression/

Quote:
Recent studies have provided strong evidence that glutamate and other amino acid neurotransmitters are involved in the pathophysiology and treatment of MDs.(mood disorders)

adam
#86 Posted : 3/3/2015 4:35:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If anyone can find any scientific articles on cannabis and cystic fibrosis other then this one I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Adam

Ufostrahlen
#87 Posted : 6/9/2015 10:57:51 AM

No relationship between moderate adolescent cannabis use, exam results or IQ, large study shows

Quote:
A large UK study has found that occasional adolescent cannabis use does not lead to poorer educational and intellectual performance, but that heavy cannabis use is associated with slightly poorer exam results at age 16.

http://www.sciencedaily....2014/10/141020212410.htm

C. Mokrysz, S. Gage, R. Landy, M.R. Munafò, J.P. Roiser, H.V. Curran: P.6.d.016 Neuropsychological and educational outcomes related to adolescent cannabis use, a prospective cohort study. In: European Neuropsychopharmacology. 24, 2014, S695, doi:10.1016/S0924-977X(14)71121-6.

Quote:
The findings do not support the hypothesis that cannabis use in adolescence leads to persistent decline in cognitive functioning, once other possible confounding variables are accounted for. The finding that moderate but not heavier alcohol use was associated with IQ decline may relate to a detrimental effect of alcohol use in adolescence, warranting further investigation.

http://www.ecnp-congress...tionpdfs/7/P.6.d.016.pdf
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Ufostrahlen
#88 Posted : 1/21/2016 6:06:38 PM

Quote:

“The Scientist” is a documentary that traces the story of Dr Mechoulam from his early days......as a child of the Holocaust in Bulgaria, through his immigration to Israel, and his career as the chief investigator into the chemistry and biology of the world’s most misunderstood plant. Dr. Mechoulam ascertained that THC interacts with the largest receptor system in the human body, the endocannabinoid system (ECS).

Ufostrahlen
#89 Posted : 1/22/2016 3:39:03 AM

Quote:
Medicinal Cannabis: In Vitro Validation of Vaporizers for the Smoke-Free Inhalation of Cannabis

Inhalation by vaporization is a promising application mode for cannabis in medicine. An in vitro validation of 5 commercial vaporizers was performed with THC-type and CBD-type cannabis. Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry was used to determine recoveries of total THC (THCtot) and total CBD (CBDtot) in the vapor. High-performance liquid chromatography with photodiode array detection was used for the quantitation of acidic cannabinoids in the residue and to calculate decarboxylation efficiencies. Recoveries of THCtot and CBDtot in the vapor of 4 electrically-driven vaporizers were 58.4 and 51.4%, 66.8 and 56.1%, 82.7 and 70.0% and 54.6 and 56.7% for Volcano Medic®, Plenty Vaporizer®, Arizer Solo® and DaVinci Vaporizer®, respectively. Decarboxylation efficiency was excellent for THC (≥ 97.3%) and CBD (≥ 94.6%). The gas-powered Vape-or-Smoke™ showed recoveries of THCtot and CBDtot in the vapor of 55.9 and 45.9%, respectively, and a decarboxylation efficiency of ≥ 87.7 for both cannabinoids. However, combustion of cannabis was observed with this device. Temperature-controlled, electrically-driven vaporizers efficiently decarboxylate inactive acidic cannabinoids and reliably release their corresponding neutral, active cannabinoids. Thus, they offer a promising application mode for the safe and efficient administration of medicinal cannabis.

Lanz C, Mattsson J, Soydaner U, Brenneisen R (2016) Medicinal Cannabis: In Vitro Validation of Vaporizers for the Smoke-Free Inhalation of Cannabis. PLoS ONE 11(1): e0147286. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0147286

http://journals.plos.org...371/journal.pone.0147286

Chan
#90 Posted : 1/22/2016 12:03:29 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

^^^

Excellent, many thanks Ufo.

Vorsprung durch technik!

EDIT: Off-topic but here's my findings on successfully using the Volcano for spice.
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Ufostrahlen
#91 Posted : 1/22/2016 1:00:29 PM

Thanks Smile

Ufostrahlen
#92 Posted : 1/25/2016 9:09:14 PM

Quote:
Impact of adolescent marijuana use on intelligence: Results from two longitudinal twin studies

Marijuana is one of the most commonly used drugs in the United States, and use during adolescence—when the brain is still developing—has been proposed as a cause of poorer neurocognitive outcome. Nonetheless, research on this topic is scarce and often shows conflicting results, with some studies showing detrimental effects of marijuana use on cognitive functioning and others showing no significant long-term effects. The purpose of the present study was to examine the associations of marijuana use with changes in intellectual performance in two longitudinal studies of adolescent twins (n = 789 and n = 2,277). We used a quasiexperimental approach to adjust for participants’ family background characteristics and genetic propensities, helping us to assess the causal nature of any potential associations. Standardized measures of intelligence were administered at ages 9–12 y, before marijuana involvement, and again at ages 17–20 y. Marijuana use was self-reported at the time of each cognitive assessment as well as during the intervening period. Marijuana users had lower test scores relative to nonusers and showed a significant decline in crystallized intelligence between preadolescence and late adolescence. However, there was no evidence of a dose–response relationship between frequency of use and intelligence quotient (IQ) change. Furthermore, marijuana-using twins failed to show significantly greater IQ decline relative to their abstinent siblings. Evidence from these two samples suggests that observed declines in measured IQ may not be a direct result of marijuana exposure but rather attributable to familial factors that underlie both marijuana initiation and low intellectual attainment.

Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Jan 19. pii: 201516648. [Epub ahead of print]

http://www.pnas.org/cont...ly/2016/01/13/1516648113
http://moscow.sci-hub.bz...73%40pnas.1516648113.pdf
http://norml.org/news/20...es-not-effect-iq-decline

Loveall
#93 Posted : 3/24/2018 4:20:19 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Potential to help overcome addicition.

Quote:
Unique treatment potential of cannabidiol for the prevention of relapse to drug use: preclinical proof of principle
Gustavo Gonzalez-Cuevas, Remi Martin-Fardon, […]Friedbert Weiss
Neuropsychopharmacology (2018 )
doi:10.1038/s41386-018-0050-8

Abstract
Cannabidiol (CBD), the major non-psychoactive constituent of Cannabis sativa, has received attention for therapeutic potential in treating neurologic and psychiatric disorders. Recently, CBD has also been explored for potential in treating drug addiction. Substance use disorders are chronically relapsing conditions and relapse risk persists for multiple reasons including craving induced by drug contexts, susceptibility to stress, elevated anxiety, and impaired impulse control. Here, we evaluated the “anti-relapse” potential of a transdermal CBD preparation in animal models of drug seeking, anxiety and impulsivity. Rats with alcohol or cocaine self-administration histories received transdermal CBD at 24 h intervals for 7 days and were tested for context and stress-induced reinstatement, as well as experimental anxiety on the elevated plus maze. Effects on impulsive behavior were established using a delay-discounting task following recovery from a 7-day dependence-inducing alcohol intoxication regimen. CBD attenuated context-induced and stress-induced drug seeking without tolerance, sedative effects, or interference with normal motivated behavior. Following treatment termination, reinstatement remained attenuated up to ≈5 months although plasma and brain CBD levels remained detectable only for 3 days. CBD also reduced experimental anxiety and prevented the development of high impulsivity in rats with an alcohol dependence history. The results provide proof of principle supporting potential of CBD in relapse prevention along two dimensions CBD: beneficial actions across several vulnerability states, and long-lasting effects with only brief treatment. The findings also inform the ongoing medical marijuana debate concerning medical benefits of non-psychoactive cannabinoids and their promise for development and use as therapeutics.

https://www.springer.com...icts-stay-clean/15548156

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41386-018-0050-8
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Loveall
#94 Posted : 7/13/2018 4:26:20 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Docentary with the scientist who first isolated THC

Sorry if this has been posted before (I did not see it).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

cubeananda
#95 Posted : 8/31/2018 6:59:37 AM

jai

Potential of Cannabidiol for the Treatment of Viral Hepatitis

Does anyone have access to the full study for educational purposes?

SWIM is very interested in the implications as well as, perhaps, any additional research on this topic (CBD vs. HCV and/or effects of CBD on the liver) Wink

dreamer042
#96 Posted : 8/31/2018 4:39:25 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

cubeananda wrote:
Potential of Cannabidiol for the Treatment of Viral Hepatitis

Does anyone have access to the full study for educational purposes?

SWIM is very interested in the implications as well as, perhaps, any additional research on this topic (CBD vs. HCV and/or effects of CBD on the liver) Wink

The link you gave gives two sources for the full text at the bottom. I went ahead and attached it as well for easy reference/posterity

Lowe HI, Toyang NJ, McLaughlin W. Potential of cannabidiol for the treatment of viral hepatitis. Phcog Res 2017;9:116-8
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

downwardsfromzero
#97 Posted : 9/17/2018 6:17:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Flores-Sanchez, Isvett Josefina; Verpoorte, Robert: Phytochem Rev (2008) 7:615–639, Secondary Metabolism in Cannabis

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

«PREV345