We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Jorkest's D-Limonene & Fumaric Acid Approach Options

Phlux-
#81 Posted : 6/4/2009 5:28:59 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Jorkest's tek is the best - swim thinks this is like the final answer - just trying to find extra steps to make an even more desirable final product - as if its not good enough as it is - hehe - swim has been playing with spice more than smoking it for a while - sometimes a break is neccicary and if u cant smoke it - next best thing is playing with it.
Pix help everyone.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#82 Posted : 6/4/2009 5:45:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hmmm

that is strange that removing the excess fumaric acid would make the freebase nicer..very strange indeed...perhaps the acetone
wash is removing something..as in something that ISNT a fumaric salt..but still bioactive..hmmm
it's a sound

Phlux-
#83 Posted : 6/4/2009 5:53:59 PM

The Root

yeah - that is what i was trying to ask about a few posts back - i was wondering if i would loose the jungle by doing the wash - but this wont solidify without doing the wash when in fumarate form - this wasnt an issue with doing this tek - without washing it the pulls from this tek came out solid - swim had a pile of goo from doing a drytek - i think that was added at some stage to the extraction.

here is the final dried pile 2 - the one washed with acetone as a fumarate -

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#84 Posted : 6/4/2009 5:55:03 PM

The Root

swim kept all his acetone washes for that very reason (bio actives may still be present) - dunno how to proceed with that but first step is evap so thats underway.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#85 Posted : 6/4/2009 5:59:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hmmmm

this is very interesting...because SWIM didnt do ANY acetone washes at all...and still was able to get nice solid spice
it's a sound

bufoman
#86 Posted : 6/4/2009 6:04:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is possible as SWIM has seen a MS of the FASA crystals after an acetone wash and no JS components were seen. Although these components are trace anyway it still may be worth checking out. Just evap the acetone and see what is left behind.

Using water to both remove the fumaric acid and recrystalize gives a much purier and nicer looking product than the acetone washes. See the alteration of FASA final step thread for the tech. Someone please have a SWIM try it and take pictures of the crystals.

Phlux-
#87 Posted : 6/4/2009 6:06:25 PM

The Root

yeah sorry - clarification is required here -

with this tek as is the product came out fine - solid and nice and swim posted a picture
sorry i think swim got things a bit mixed up - this is all the stuff from the cleanup op of this tek and added to it was some goo from the drytek
swim never got a solid from the drytek
it was while working with this tek alone that the goo was included
sorry for the mixup
i guess alot of this should have either gone into the fasa or drytek threads but since swim was performing it on a combo and doing this tek it was posted here.

sorry.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#88 Posted : 6/4/2009 6:07:46 PM

The Root

bufoman - swim is doing that with 1/3 of of the fumarates he started with - the water is evapping at the moment.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#89 Posted : 6/4/2009 6:13:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this forum rocks..

so here is another thought

if the jungle spice fumarate(?) is soluble in acetone..then washing spice fumarate with it will separate it out..but

is it even a salt...how is it getting into the final product if its not..and what the fuck is going on?!
it's a sound

Phlux-
#90 Posted : 6/5/2009 7:40:31 AM

The Root

being a mo-ron ol mc swimmer evapped the water to fast - so he redisolved it and is letting it evap slowly - the xtal formations even when quickly dried are amazing - swim will post the pix as soon as its dry.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#91 Posted : 6/5/2009 3:08:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wonderful dude...SWIM wishes he could just do this TEK over and over and over and over again...but alas..hes running out of bark
it's a sound

WSaged
#92 Posted : 6/5/2009 5:02:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently made some Changa, using .950mg of the orange-ish spice I yielded from this here tek & varying amounts of Caapi, Mullien, & Peppermint leaves, plus a small amount of some fine, fine kind bud.
I finally got around to trying some the other night & it was a wonderfully simple breakthrough!!

I gotta admit, I think I still prefer pure, clear, crystallized DMT. Although that may or may not change as this vile of Changa gets smaller.Wink

It just seemed like I was a bit more of a spectator, than a participant with this J-Spice.
Same as when I extracted JS using Xylene a year back.
It came on very fast, but reached what seemed like a glass wall or something & stopped an inch or so away from me, rather than the way the experience I'm used to, shoots though every fiber of my body & soul & fills every bit of that...space I go to.
I remember thinking to myself in a very sober monolouge to.Wut? This J-Spice seems to have much less affect on my thought process than I'm used to.

So it was like the...things...that happen during a breakthrough, were going on just in front of me, not to me. I watched it rather then experienced it.
It was strange...very enjoyable!!! But strange.

I love the fact that there are these slight variations on the DMT experience to be had!!

Thanks again Jokerst!!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorkest
#93 Posted : 6/5/2009 5:08:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats really cool WS...and SWIM knows what you mean by having a sober thought process..but perhaps as you play with
it..it may open itself up more for you..glad to know it was nice!

SWIM needs to get more acetone!!! geez
it's a sound

WSaged
#94 Posted : 6/5/2009 5:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On another note, I also have the FASWater evaporating right now, from another 80g extraction of MHRB using this tek.

I now have a little less than 1g of this J-Spice (made into Changa), I also have 900mg of cleaned-but-still-orangish-colored J-Spice-Fumarate extracted from MHRB & another 175mg of beautiful off-white, crystalline, DMT-Fumarate extracted from Chacruna leaf.
So I'm thinking, I'm pretty well set up with spice for a while, but there is one more thing I wanted to try with this tek before getting down to some serious hyperspace exploration.
And that is to see how pure of a N,N-DMT only yield I can get using MHRB & this tek, at least to do the initial extraction from the plant matter.

So here's my plan/experiment:
*1) Use this tek to do the initial extraction.
*2) Once the fumatrate is basifyed, I'm going to wash it using warm Naptha. I'll use just enough to dissolve the goods, stir for a while then let it settle, stir again & when that has settled completely, I'll decant the Naptha off the top & do the process again on the remaining solids, with a bit more fresh Naptha to make sure I got all the alks out. (gonna keep what remains & see if the jungle element can be cleaned & how active it is on it's own too!!)
*3) Now, I'll do a sodium carbonate/water wash on the alka-loaded Naptha, like I normally would & freeze precipitate it.
*4) Depending on how pure the crystals are once they are precipitated out of the Naptha, I may or may not do one or more recrystalizations, using Naptha and/or Heptane.

I'm curious to see how much pure DMT is left after washing out the "jungle" elements.
And also how active the "jungle" elements are on there own, when extracted with D-Limo.
I've done it before using Xylene, on spent MHRB and it certainly was active. Although gross as hell because the Xylene smell/taste never fully left.
So that should be interesting too.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorkest
#95 Posted : 6/5/2009 5:49:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this is really interesting..ill be interested to see how it comes out..

ahhh the adventures you will haveSmile
it's a sound

WSaged
#96 Posted : 6/5/2009 6:47:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
ahhh the adventures you will haveSmile

Ahhhhh...indeed!Wink

WS

WSaged
#97 Posted : 6/7/2009 9:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, just thought I'd update y'all on my progress this weekend.

I did another extraction on 80g of MHRB using this tek, but after basifying it, I washed it using Naptha instead of Acetone or water to retrieve just the N,N-DMT & leave the "jungle" elements.
BTW, what else can we call that stuff? I feel stupid calling it "jungle" spice", or "jungle-anything"!!Rolling eyes Laughing

* I dissolved the dry J-Spice-Fumarate/Sodium Carbonate solids in about 50ml of fresh Naptha, stirred, let settle, decanted through a cotton filter.
* Repeated 3 times.
* Took 50ml of distilled water & dissolved just a pinch of Sodium Carbonate in it.
* Then washed the 50ml of yellowish, alkaloaded-Naptha using 10ml of this slightly basifyed water & a seperatory funnel, one time, then two more times with plain distilled water.
I'm not exactly sure if this was really necessary, but it is something I normally do (albeit in much larger amounts) in my regular A/B tek...
* I then let the resulting, clearer Naptha evaporate back down to just under 50ml, sealed the top of the beaker it is in & placed it into the back of the fridge for about an hour & a half.
* I just finished moving the beaker from the fridge, into the freezer to finish the precipitation & there was already a large amount of white DMT crystals forming on the bottom & sides of the beaker!!!

Ooh Ya!!!

I'll post a pic, probably tomorrow, after I filter the crystals out of the Naptha & weigh them to see what the yield is.

I had 1.855g of dry "jungle spice" before washing with Naptha, so I'm curious to see what is left & how much the "jungle" element weighed.

I also re-washed the solids that were left from the Naptha wash, in Acetone to pull out the Jungle stuff.
It's now evaped & it's an oily, red mess!!Crying or very sad
I'm gonna let it continue to dry for a while & eventually smoke some, to see how it treats me.
I got something very similar when I used Xylene to extract some used, basified MHRB solution.
It took months to dry out enough to even deal with trying to test it.
I'm hoping because this was pulled out with D-Limo, FASW & Acetone & it's cleaner, it will gum up much sooner!! We'll see...

Let ya know how this ends up soon.

WS

narmz
#98 Posted : 6/7/2009 10:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, how does the fumarate yielded from this tech smell to you guys? SWIM noticed an orange scent to it, and has been noticing smaller yields than expected, and wonders if he can attribute this to residual limonene weighing down the fumarate and leading him to expect higher yields from the freebase conversion. Maybe SWIM is not drying the fumarate long enough? As an example, SWIM yielded close to 600mg of fumarate, and had used 450mg of fumaric acid for the initial conversion. After freebasing, the yield was around 70mg of smokeable. Is this normal? Thanks!
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

WSaged
#99 Posted : 6/7/2009 11:20:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
So, how does the fumarate yielded from this tech smell to you guys? SWIM noticed an orange scent to it, and has been noticing smaller yields than expected, and wonders if he can attribute this to residual limonene weighing down the fumarate and leading him to expect higher yields from the freebase conversion. Maybe SWIM is not drying the fumarate long enough? As an example, SWIM yielded close to 600mg of fumarate, and had used 450mg of fumaric acid for the initial conversion. After freebasing, the yield was around 70mg of smokeable. Is this normal? Thanks!

No, not at all!!

If those numbers are correct...you lost a whole lot of good stuff there somewhere.
How much Mimosa did you start with?

If you still have the solvents & soilds, we can probably help ya get it out. But you'll need to give some more details.

Good Luck!

WS

narmz
#100 Posted : 6/7/2009 11:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM always seems to have problems at the freebase step. SWIM has had pure white needle-shaped fumarate, and after conversion to freebase was left with less than 20% of the initial product. He has tried both calcium hydroxide and sodium carbonate for the conversion, he has tried dry acetone, dry IPA, and crystallizing out of water dropwise using a saturated sodium carbonate solution. The acetone yielded the worst product, honey-like, which never dried. The IPA yielded honey-like initially, but it dried to a semi-solid state, this solvent worked better than acetone yield-wise. The water method was a bit discouraging, after dissolving 130mg of fumarate in 10-12ml of water, and dropping the sodium carb solution in, and it clouding up, he let sit for a few days until the water was clear. All that resulted was a thin layer of yellow crumbles that was scraped out to yield 35mg of smokeables, which was the only solid smokeable SWIM has ever yielded from a fumarate conversion.

SWIM still has the solids from the ipa attempt, and the solvent, still has the left over water form the water attempt, and that is it.

SWIM would love to know what he is doing wrong, he keeps getting excited when he sees his fumarate yield, but discouraged when he realizes that most of it will be lost in the freebase conversion.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

«PREV34567NEXT»