We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Strange "Ball" Feeling Options

Leap
#1 Posted : 5/19/2009 6:26:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I figured I would find out if anyone else has been experiencing the strange feeling that SWIM has been. SWIM and I have read a lot regarding DMT, including DMT: The Spirit Molecule (who here hasn't??), and we are familiar with the documented "catch in the throat" or "small choke" feeling that can and usually does occur with moderate to high doses of DMT.

However, SWIM has experienced this feeling in a very strange way. He says that as soon as he takes a large hit of DMT, he knows it's going to be strong since the feeling of a chamber forming just below his throat becomes very pronounced. Then, as it sets in, there is the distinct feeling of a small ball, or marble caught in this chamber and it is rolling around. The first couple times this happened to SWIM, it caused a little extra tension as he came up, but this soon dissolved along with the feeling of the rest of his body.

I found his report interesting since it's become an indicator of a strong experience. He's felt the "catch" or "choke" before and finds the "ball rolling" feeling a lot more pleasant but likely related. Anyone else ever have this feeling? Also, I'm assuming this is some sort of respiratory depression going on due to the dissociation of body and mind.

Big word score, triple the points right? Rolling eyes
Nothing said on this account is true. It's all fictional for artistic writing purposes.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 5/19/2009 6:33:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM usually feels that as not needing to breathe..its a very interesting feeling..but he knows hes going to have a strong experience when he feels he doesnt need to breathe anymore
it's a sound

Leap
#3 Posted : 5/19/2009 6:41:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, exactly! In the first few sessions SWIM learned fast to just let go of breathing altogether. It's amazing, no amount of reading experiences and such can prepare someone when it comes down to taking the first hits. He's come to absolutely love the "no need for breathing" feeling.

Comes in as an intimate feeling, not a jarring feeling like some of the hardcore dissociatives.
Nothing said on this account is true. It's all fictional for artistic writing purposes.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 5/19/2009 6:57:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

if you swallow right after taking your last hit...it will almost lock in your lung full and makes it even easier to hold the hit in for 30 seconds or longer..
it's a sound

Leap
#5 Posted : 5/19/2009 7:07:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is always afraid of the whole "accidentally swallow smoke and end up puking," but he will give it a try next time. Smile

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 5/19/2009 7:14:37 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

knotted shamanic phlegm perhaps Smile
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Leap
#7 Posted : 5/19/2009 7:20:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha, judging from the coughs SWIM gets after good sessions, that's some hardcore shlegm!

۩
#8 Posted : 5/19/2009 8:10:35 AM

From the perspective of a musician + someone who has been practicing Kundalini yoga for years, it just sounds like you should sing your heart out...

If I were you, I would go into the forest, or on top of a mountain, work with the spice and see what you can do with your voice and how it affects this feeling in your throat.

I have a feeling you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

idtravlr
#9 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:21:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Leap! - Man, to be completely honest I have only read bits and pieces of both Strassman's and McKenna's work. I appreciate it all, but... Anyway, I have dealt with the "Throat Choke", or what you describe as the "Rolling Marble" many many times. Typically the throat choke ONLY ever happens when I've taken a big hit of burned spice. I've honestly never experienced it when I've done a proper vape dose (breakthrough or not). The throat marble however... OOOOOHHHH the "Throat Marble"... That one has been a mystery to me. I understand what you are talking about 110% man. I've tried to cough it up and save it more times than I know Smile. My theory about this phenomenon is as follows:

Physiologically and spiritually speaking, our throats are the midpoint between our brain and our heart, the two primary organs that's give our human bodies life. I think that POSSIBLY, after a powerful dose, our head energy and our torso energy is the first part of our being to blast into hyperspace, and out of our physical body. Maybe it's possible that our throat, and mandibular region sort of gets left behind, still attaching us to our physical body, so in some way confusing us because we are pretty much all energy at that time, except we have some strange physical connection to our bodies, being our mouth and throat region / organs...

Dude, I'm sorry if I'm rambling, but I completely understand what you are saying. I also notice very bizarre "encounters" with my teeth in these same states of mind. It has to have something to do with our connectedness to our human body, even though our inner energy is extended beyond it.

Shit, I don't know... I sound like a mad man! That's my take on it though, bro.

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Fatcat
#10 Posted : 5/19/2009 1:52:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slidewinder wrote:
From the perspective of a musician + someone who has been practicing Kundalini yoga for years, it just sounds like you should sing your heart out...

If I were you, I would go into the forest, or on top of a mountain, work with the spice and see what you can do with your voice and how it affects this feeling in your throat.

I have a feeling you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

Other people have said that vocalizing grunts and growls can help navigate through a trip. I have never tried it, but I think your way would have much better results.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

Leap
#11 Posted : 5/19/2009 2:20:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Singing or making noise during an experience.. that's something SWIM never thought of. He will have to try that some time! Very happy

idt, thanks for the detailed reply! That's a very interesting theory. It almost does feel like an energy that's confused and just swirling, rolling around. SWIM is getting the hunger to feel it all again.. haha

Phlux-
#12 Posted : 5/20/2009 8:28:16 AM

The Root

overtones can drive u far - get into throat singing dude -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY1pcEtHI_w

check it out

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Leap
#13 Posted : 5/20/2009 6:09:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't even manage to whistle, haha, but I can try humming if that would work. Pleased

۩
#14 Posted : 5/20/2009 6:14:51 PM

Leap wrote:
I can't even manage to whistle, haha, but I can try humming if that would work. Pleased

Humming is like holding back (most of the time)
Remember that,
Let it out. Don't be shy. (That is why I suggested the Forest)

balaganist
#15 Posted : 5/20/2009 6:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting tip about the singing. I found during a recent Ayahuasca session I had a few periods where the only thing I felt to do was sing!! And I am not a confident singer at the best of times... it really opened me up, was nicely surprised at myself (esp since since I am a music producer also).

I will tell SWIM to remember this next time he goes into hyperspace.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Leap
#16 Posted : 5/20/2009 6:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on, I can manage that.

Jorkest
#17 Posted : 5/20/2009 7:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leap wrote:
SWIM is always afraid of the whole "accidentally swallow smoke and end up puking," but he will give it a try next time. Smile

to avoid this..after taking you hit in...take as deep a breath as you can to clear out your pipes..then swallow
it's a sound

Leap
#18 Posted : 5/20/2009 7:23:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

(Giving up the SWIM facade at this point since it gets old fast)

I have started doing that, it also clears up the rough feeling of accidentally burning spice.

jamie
#19 Posted : 5/20/2009 7:49:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I cannot for the life of me smoke spice and NOT make those noises. Same with high doses of salvia and mushrooms. Both have me moaning strange noises and overtones, its like little energy bubbles start to rise along with euphoria, and it gets to be too much if I dont vocalise them away.
Long live the unwoke.

Phlux-
#20 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:13:52 AM

The Root

did nobody watch that video ? - i thought it was preddy damn potent in every single way - even the lil kids have a serious expression on their faces.
in mongolia you get adult humans - as with some tribes - in the western world most ppl are just big children(an adult must be able to look after themselves if dropped in the middle of the forest Smile even lil fluffy creatures can survive there - i mean cmon.)
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

12NEXT