We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Long term effects of smoking DMT Options

triptonaut
#1 Posted : 4/17/2009 11:45:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering what the long term effects of smoking dmt are?

Does it fog the mind after a while like weed does?

Does it harm the long/short term memory?

Does it cause short of breathing after a while like smoking does?

Any other stuff?

I'm just wondering. From what I read on the internet, DMT seems to be a fairly healthy drug with not that much bad side effects but I'd like to hear from you guys.

xxx

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Garulfo
#2 Posted : 4/17/2009 12:54:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

None of this. But it is quite irritating on the throat and lungs. Can be psychologically addictive and may worsen tiredness and depression. I guess it has something to do with a serotonine depletion but I have no scientific evidence about that.

smokeydaze
#3 Posted : 4/17/2009 1:20:14 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Worsen tiredness and depression? I would definietly say the complete opposite.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

tolu
#4 Posted : 4/17/2009 1:52:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
Worsen tiredness and depression? I would definietly say the complete opposite.

I agree.

My friend doesn't find lung/throat irritation to be a long term effect either.

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 4/17/2009 4:17:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

if anything..all those things you asked about..well it does the complete opposite..

and while it CAN be slightly psychologically addicting...it doesnt allow you to stay addicted for more than about a year...seriously...if you are smoking it a lot for a year..like..all the time...you will want to stop at some point because you have drifted so far from this reality that you cant tell whats real anymore...and then the spice starts kicking you ass...
it's a sound

soulfood
#6 Posted : 4/17/2009 4:26:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Garulfo wrote:
Quote:

None of this. But it is quite irritating on the throat and lungs. Can be psychologically addictive and may worsen tiredness and depression. I guess it has something to do with a serotonine depletion but I have no scientific evidence about that.

It was my understanding that DMT has been shown to actually raise the level of seratonin after the experience is complete. One of the main reasons I like it.
I can't remember the exact name of the study, but I think it was the one when they recorded brain-waves under the influence of ayahuasca.

I believe if there are any long term side effects they are rooted very deep.

The only thing I would say is do not vaporize if suffering from high blood pressure or other associated heart conditions. I think the oral route is VERY safe.

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 4/17/2009 4:47:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM experiences short-term respiratory fatigue, after smoking many times in a night, but it doesn't even effect SWIM the next day.

Bill Cipher
#8 Posted : 4/17/2009 6:00:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's developed a bit of a hack in the past month. Smoking anything with regularity can't be anything but bad for you. As for the rest, take it all with a grain of salt. There ain't no scientists around here.

jackstraw11
#9 Posted : 4/19/2009 8:24:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Garulfo wrote:
Quote:

!!!

Fellas, c'mon. As Kesey once said, "You get nothing for free. Everything bruises."

Of course it does damage. Smoking DMT definitely fries brain cells and does damage, at least a little. I'm not saying you'll be a drooling vegetable but like any psychedelic (or drug, really) it's going to do both short- and long-term damage. Fortunately our brains come equipped with s shit load of brain cells so it would probably take extensive and regular use for you to perceive any tangible 'brain fog.' And smoking ANYTHING is bad for you lungs, period.

Then again, even watching television kills brain cells so fuck it, I wouldn't even worry about it.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 4/19/2009 8:38:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
SWIM's developed a bit of a hack in the past month. Smoking anything with regularity can't be anything but bad for you. As for the rest, take it all with a grain of salt. There ain't no scientists around here.

Sorry, but SWIM doesn't smoke anything at all, he only vaporizes spice, and sometimes excessively. He vaporizes through a water pipe, and it's never harsh as long as he keeps his throat somewhat moist. The way he used to vaporize was quite a bit harsher, but even then there were no noticeable long-term effects. He's only been smoking it for a little over a year though.

burnt
#11 Posted : 4/19/2009 10:19:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:

Of course too much of anything can be bad. As far as long term effects check out our scientific article database. What we say should not be taken with a grain of salt some people here extensively research this subject. Of course there are morons on the internet who say all kinds of BS but some people try to spread factual good information.

Quote:
Of course it does damage. Smoking DMT definitely fries brain cells and does damage, at least a little. I'm not saying you'll be a drooling vegetable but like any psychedelic (or drug, really) it's going to do both short- and long-term damage.

I don't think you understand how psychedelic drugs effect the brain. Many are NOT neurotoxic. There is NO evidence that DMT is neurotoxic in the doses that most people consume. Its also an endogenous molecule in your body so if it was neurotoxic that would be kind of weird. I question the accuracy of this statement to the fullest.

tolu
#12 Posted : 4/19/2009 1:47:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jackstraw11 wrote:

Of course it does damage. Smoking DMT definitely fries brain cells and does damage, at least a little. I'm not saying you'll be a drooling vegetable but like any psychedelic (or drug, really) it's going to do both short- and long-term damage.

Can you link me to something that supports anything you just said?

smokeydaze
#13 Posted : 4/19/2009 2:05:43 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

jackstraw11 wrote:
Garulfo wrote:
Quote:

!!!

Fellas, c'mon. As Kesey once said, "You get nothing for free. Everything bruises."

Of course it does damage. Smoking DMT definitely fries brain cells and does damage, at least a little. I'm not saying you'll be a drooling vegetable but like any psychedelic (or drug, really) it's going to do both short- and long-term damage. Fortunately our brains come equipped with s shit load of brain cells so it would probably take extensive and regular use for you to perceive any tangible 'brain fog.' And smoking ANYTHING is bad for you lungs, period.

Then again, even watching television kills brain cells so fuck it, I wouldn't even worry about it.

haha !

lay of the crack my friend, that stuff IS bad for you.

smokeydaze
#14 Posted : 4/19/2009 2:16:30 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Anyway, DMT is supposed to be the main ingredient in dreams. You dream every night and according to Joe Rogan if you didn't you would go crazy and you'd die. But all jokes aside, I see no long term negative effects attributed to ir/regular DMT - only positive. If DMT is what makes you dream, then smoking DMT (aside from the lungs) has to be the safest drug out there.

Captu4ik
#15 Posted : 4/20/2009 3:56:42 AM
Farquart Thibideaux

SWIM has been using DMT an average of 15 days a month for over 2 1/2 years without noticing any apparent long-term side-effects. SWIM disagrees with psychological addiction being a potential problem. SWIM always has some to smoke, but many days choses not to just because of 'set' and 'setting'.

Dorge
#16 Posted : 4/20/2009 5:00:45 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

makes a man healthy wealthy and wise...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

'Coatl
#17 Posted : 4/20/2009 5:41:53 AM

Teotzlcoatl

While smoked DMT has never been proven to be safe Ayahuasca HAS!

Quote:

Of course it does damage. Smoking DMT definitely fries brain cells and does damage, at least a little. I'm not saying you'll be a drooling vegetable but like any psychedelic (or drug, really) it's going to do both short- and long-term damage. Fortunately our brains come equipped with s shit load of brain cells so it would probably take extensive and regular use for you to perceive any tangible 'brain fog.'

The above is a crock of shit...
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

trancepants
#18 Posted : 4/24/2009 7:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If Aya has indeed been proven to be safe, then why wouldn't freebase DMT be safe as well? It seems to me Aya is just a different administration route with other entheogens adding to the 'color' of the experience.
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

burnt
#19 Posted : 4/24/2009 8:24:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^The only real difference I could see besides the fact that aya is DMT plus an MAOI would be that you just aren't smoking something. The smoke is the only problem I can see and even that is minor. Also maybe one could argue that freebase dmt is more prone to be used excessively but that depends.

wake and bacon
#20 Posted : 4/24/2009 8:26:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Really though, you aren't smoking anything. You're vaporizing it. Not nearly as bad, if there were any carcinogens or tar in spice....
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

12NEXT