We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Jorkest's D-Limonene Bufotenine Extraction TEK Options

69ron
#81 Posted : 3/27/2009 3:58:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest, SWIM finally had a little more time to get back to his d-limonene test.

If you recall, SWIM had 426 mg pure off white bufotenine. This was about 99% pure. SWIM went through a lot of trouble to purify it. The problem was that tiny amounts of xylene were present in the crystals and could be slightly tasted. So, SWIM wanted to remove all of the xylene by boiling the crystals in d-limonene. So he did that and the bufotenine melted and the d-limonene turned a little amber colored when the d-limonene started to boil. He decanted it and brown stuff precipitated out of the d-limonene. He decanted the d-limonene and dried the precipitates.

Well, SWIM just scraped up the precipitates and guess what! They only weigh 425 mg with little bits still stuck to the beaker. That's only 1 mg less than the starting material. While scraping out the precipitates, about 5 mg or more spilled out onto the floor. So for it to weigh only 1 mg less is not possible unless additional non-bufotenine material precipitated out of the d-limonene itself.

It smells like orange peels, but doesn't smell like d-limonene anymore. It's completely bone dry. It was dried for a few days at 155 F in a food dehydrator.

So definitely, when the d-limonene boils, some of the d-limonene impurities burn and precipitate out of the d-limonene along with the bufotenine when it cools down. That's why the bufotenine smells like dried orange peels instead of d-limonene.

SWIM's bufotenine is probably now about 10% burnt d-limonene impurities.

I think for this procedure, if you're going to boil the d-limonene, then high purity distilled d-limonene should be used.

Another option if using non-distilled food grade d-limonene is to maybe pre-boil the d-limonene, let it cool and pour off the d-limonene leaving behind all the burnt d-limonene impurities. Then you should be able to use the d-limonene for the bufotenine boil.

However, the added orange flavor is a benefit though. So you might not want to purify it more. But for those who want it 99% pure, you're going to maybe have to use high purity distilled d-limonene or pre-boil the food grade d-limonene, or just bring it to a simmer.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#82 Posted : 3/27/2009 4:33:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM mixed 50 mg with 80 mg of calcium carbonate. He placed it under his tongue and pressed his tongue down.

SWIM doesn't use calcium hydroxide for sublingual use anymore. Calcium carbonate works almost just as well and it doesn't burn your mouth at all.

It tastes like orange peels. The bufotenine burns very slightly. The xylene flavor is completely gone! Hurray!

After 5 minutes he started swallowing some of the saliva that's accumulated being carefully to leave his tongue pressed down, holding the bufotenine in place. It sure tastes good. Mmmm.

After 10 minutes the effects have begun with a slight stimulated feeling and some nice euphoria. He's now swallowed everything. (80 mg of calcium carbonate is actually a very good safe source of calcium.)

After 20 minutes visual effects have started. SWIM has the taste of orange peels in his mouth. He feels a tingling sensation in his hands and feet just starting.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dorge
#83 Posted : 3/27/2009 6:19:05 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

wery intawesting...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Kannamate
#84 Posted : 3/27/2009 10:46:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

is arm&hammer washing soda as the sodium carbonate source acceptable for this extraction,where do you get fumaric acid any stores,or online only?

Jorkest
#85 Posted : 3/27/2009 1:51:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you can substitute fumaric acid for citric acid..and not sure on washing soda..but you can convert baking soda to sodium carbonate on the stove
it's a sound

69ron
#86 Posted : 3/27/2009 5:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to remind people that ingesting bufotenine orally causes nausea lasting about 3 hours. When taking bufotenine sublingually, if any is swallowed, it will cause nausea, however, you can take 1000 mg of ginger every 90 minutes to avoid the nausea if you do decide to swallow it.

The experience from oral bufotenine is different from smoked, sublingual, or snorted freebase bufotenine. When taken orally, it’s converted to bufotenine hydrochloride, which for some reason causes lots of nausea. Bufotenine is best either smoked or taken sublingually without swallowing it. SWIM can smoke 30 mg and be completely blown away with intense visions and yet have no nausea at all. But if taken orally, it always causes SWIM to get nausea. 30 mg of smoked bufotenine is about as strong as 300 mg taken sublingually or snorted.

Mr.0ldtymer
#87 Posted : 3/28/2009 11:52:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay SWIM has just the base line understanding of chemistry but thinks he understands this and seems pretty straight forward.He was wondering two things...

1.Is there any difference in the shelf life of bufotenine freebase and the bufotenine fumarate salt like n,n,dmt?
2.You said that the hot water bath could not be used because the bufotenine melts at 147 C which the water cannot accomplish.So SWIM doesn't have a hot plate and was curious if it would be feasible of preparing a bath of peanut oil to do the job?

Dorge
#88 Posted : 3/29/2009 9:22:09 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Jorkest wrote:
yeah..the nasties stay at the bottom..so just decant..and then with the MEK:heptane you would boil off the MEK..but for the d-limonene boil..just wait for it to cool..and the bufo will drop..then pour off the d-limonene after maybe an hour

So when doing this does one need to freeze precipitate it?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Jorkest
#89 Posted : 3/29/2009 9:24:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

absolutely not...once the d-limo cools it will drop it..but i suppose putting it in the freezer might help it along a bit...
it's a sound

Dorge
#90 Posted : 3/29/2009 9:43:18 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

"absolutely not"

argh you scared the shit out of swim... it had been in the freezer for just a little bit to help it cool down... They are dropping... yellowish clearish brownish CrYsTaLs....
Oh and this by the way was using home depot bought air freshener... pure citrus...

Jorkest
#91 Posted : 3/29/2009 9:52:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so is SWIY actually getting crystals forming? or just solids?
it's a sound

Dorge
#92 Posted : 3/29/2009 11:13:34 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

well swim suppose's one would say solids...
So after the mason jars sat there for a good hour then you decant and let it evaporate? about how long do you do that for? and do you NEED to use a food dehydrator?

Dorge
#93 Posted : 3/29/2009 11:37:45 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Jorkest wrote:
SWIM did a d-limonene boil..he added the 500mg bufotenine to 25ml d-limonene at room temp and slowly brought it up until it was boiling..he poured it off and let it cool..took about 10 minutes..give or take..he then poured off the clear d-limonene..and stuck the wet..slimy looking bufotenine into the food dehydrator(good idea 69ron..works like a charm)

anyway..what was left after the d-limonene boil was some black powder..it dried fast...it was maybe 25mg..maybe 50

he then scraped up the bufotenine that dried in the dehydrator..and its less dark than the beginning bufotenine..less gray even..so the second d-limonene boil removed more crap...its a finer powder than before...seems a bit more crystalline..and it smells a lot less like d-limonene than the beginning bufotenine..its almost odorless..he may try doing another boil and see if he can clean it up even more...

he also did a few other tests...he added 250mg bufotenine to 25ml d-limonene and then added 50ml of MEK(he started with less..but the bufotenine wasnt getting picked up by it) so then he boiled off the MEK and is waiting for the d-limonene to cool..its cloudy and precipitates are starting to form..hes trying to grow crystals in the d-limonene...

So swim could possibly scrape up what he has after it drys and clean it in boiling orange oil again? and again?

Jorkest
#94 Posted : 3/30/2009 2:45:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes..but..what SWIM has found is that if you dont let it get to a boil..you will get cleaner spice from it..bring it close to a boil..and then pour off the d-limo and let it cool..you will get much cleaner LOOKING stuff..SWIM hasnt noticed a difference really..

and when the d-limo is done evapping off your spice..it will smell less like oranges and more like something familiar to your spice cabinet..it smells good..and familiar but you cant quite place it..and it will also turn lighter and lighter the longer it dries
it's a sound

Dorge
#95 Posted : 3/30/2009 4:28:12 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

the product is a hard dark redish brown resin now.
SWIM tried melting down the left overs in the jar with simmering orange oil but nothing precipitated out of that.

soulfood
#96 Posted : 3/30/2009 6:41:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I just read in a salvia extraction writeup, that using chilled acetone reduces the amount of oils and fats contained in the leaf. Would this be good practice for a bufotenine tek also?

69ron
#97 Posted : 3/30/2009 8:27:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds good to me. Bufotenine is very soluble in ice cold acetone so it should extract the bufotenine very well.

soulfood
#98 Posted : 3/30/2009 10:39:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If a hotplate isn't available, is it perceivable to get the limonene boiling in a conventional oven?

Jorkest
#99 Posted : 3/30/2009 5:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

flame plus solvents.......not a good idea...unless its an electric stove
it's a sound

soulfood
#100 Posted : 3/30/2009 8:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Which it is. So that's alright?

«PREV34567NEXT»