We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Jorkest's D-Limonene Bufotenine Extraction TEK Options

SpasticSpaz
#61 Posted : 3/24/2009 3:05:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hate to nag, but really want an answer to me and Dagger's question.

What purpose does the FASA serve? Could it be replaced with a defat or an acid extraction?

SWIM'd rather not go through the trouble of drying acetone if he could replace it with two or three defats with warm naptha/heptane.

Also, an experiment that might be worth carrying out would be to reflux some limonene without bufo and see ifthe brown crap/discoloration appears. And if it does does, see if it falls out of the limonene or remains in solution.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#62 Posted : 3/24/2009 4:00:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

the purpose of the FASA is to separate the plant fats and oils..SWIM has tried defatting the seeds and it uses a LOT of solvent..thats why he keeps going back to the FASA..

69ron SWIM found that after the d-limonene boil..when poured off..the resulting precipitates did NOT look very nice..when scraped up they were very dark..but he thinks this is just from being wet with d-limonene...after they dry...the resulting powder is a light tan..and is very dense and crystalline in nature..crunchy..but not crystals..perhaps SWIM will try doing some d-limonene and bufo experiments and see if he can get it to clean up more...but as of now..it doesnt produce nasty side effects..but perhaps we can figure out how to help them make it cleaner...SWIM is sure that its possible..it just might take some tweeking
it's a sound

69ron
#63 Posted : 3/24/2009 4:21:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM will do more testing. SWIM's bufotenine is now dry. It's definitely darker than before, so it either burnt a little or something in the d-limonene did (more likely).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#64 Posted : 3/24/2009 5:43:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM did a d-limonene boil..he added the 500mg bufotenine to 25ml d-limonene at room temp and slowly brought it up until it was boiling..he poured it off and let it cool..took about 10 minutes..give or take..he then poured off the clear d-limonene..and stuck the wet..slimy looking bufotenine into the food dehydrator(good idea 69ron..works like a charm)

anyway..what was left after the d-limonene boil was some black powder..it dried fast...it was maybe 25mg..maybe 50

he then scraped up the bufotenine that dried in the dehydrator..and its less dark than the beginning bufotenine..less gray even..so the second d-limonene boil removed more crap...its a finer powder than before...seems a bit more crystalline..and it smells a lot less like d-limonene than the beginning bufotenine..its almost odorless..he may try doing another boil and see if he can clean it up even more...

he also did a few other tests...he added 250mg bufotenine to 25ml d-limonene and then added 50ml of MEK(he started with less..but the bufotenine wasnt getting picked up by it) so then he boiled off the MEK and is waiting for the d-limonene to cool..its cloudy and precipitates are starting to form..hes trying to grow crystals in the d-limonene...

another test he is doing is he put 150mg bufotenine in something like 25ml of MEK..and added 50ml of d-limonene..he was hoping that the more d-limonene he added would cause the bufotenine to drop..but no such luck..so hes going to let the MEK slowly evaporate and see if crystals will form..
it's a sound

Jorkest
#65 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:14:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just found something out by accident...SWIM had a bit of cool d-limonene that had a bit of cloudiness to it..and he is doing another d-limonene boil..trying to purify some more bufo...and when he poured in the cool d-limonene into the hot d-limonene...a nice white precipitation cloud formed..SWIM is gonna think on a way to see if he can get some clean crystals this way..not sure how its gonna work...but he will think of something
it's a sound

Jorkest
#66 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:19:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

he just found out something else..hes thinking of pouring some hot d-limonene that is saturated in bufotenine over a dome that has ice or something really cold under it..hes thinking that as the d-limonene hits the cold surface..it will drop the bufo out really fast..and hes thinking it might come out cleaner..because as he poured off some other d-limonene saturated in bufo...a few drops escaped and landed on a slightly warped stainless steal surface..and for some reason the little bit of bufo in there..looks a bit cleaner..but hes not sure..so he will have to test it a bit...
it's a sound

69ron
#67 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:39:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What happens if you just boil food grade d-limonene on its own with nothing added to it? Do impurities in the d-limonene precipitate out of it or form burnt spots in the beaker?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#68 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:47:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found out that he can get cleaner bufo if he lets the majority drop first...and then pour it off onto something else and let it cool more...it seems like the first wave of precipitation is whats giving it that tan brown color...he needs to figure out how he did it now:-P
it's a sound

Jorkest
#69 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:49:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM will see if that happens 69ron...it seems like the d-limonene may be reacting with some impurities at higher temps..perhaps the light simmer is all that needs to be done..because it seems the hotter it gets..the darker the resulting bufo powder

OR maybe the hot d-limonene starts reacting with the bufotenine...perhaps lower temps will work better...SWIM will try this out...it seems like hes starting to figure out whats happening..but he says he will continue to work on it for awhile
it's a sound

SpasticSpaz
#70 Posted : 3/24/2009 8:58:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How soluble in water is whatever form of Bufotenine that is present in the seeds?

What about the solubility in water of various Bufo salts (acetate, citrate, phosphate, fumurate)?

Just spitballing...

Jorkest
#71 Posted : 3/25/2009 5:18:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no idea to those questions soorry...

SWIM is finding hes getting cleaner product if he doesnt let the d-limonene get to a full boil..
it's a sound

amor_fati
#72 Posted : 3/25/2009 6:57:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Jorkest wrote:
no idea to those questions soorry...

SWIM is finding hes getting cleaner product if he doesnt let the d-limonene get to a full boil..

Ah, so is it possible that a hot water bath would be sufficient?

Jorkest
#73 Posted : 3/25/2009 7:14:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no...a hot water bath wouldnt work...the bufotenine needs to melt..and its melts at ~147 C..and water doesnt get that hot..its like it needs a very slight simmer
it's a sound

T
#74 Posted : 3/25/2009 8:16:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM had a go at the Tek with 25g of seeds. It went fine, but he was clumsy when freebasing after FASA and added too much water to his salts and sodium carbonate (~100ml)
He thought there wasn't much harm done and that it will only take longer for it to dry, but the next day he noticed that his solution turned black. He dried it in the oven at 125 C and ended up with a black tar like goo with the sodium carbonate sitting in it. Acetone wash only retreived light brown fats.

He's only guessing but could it be that the bufotenine has oxidised? He doesn't think that it was because he dried it in the oven as he's done that after freebasing from the seeds (always under 147 C) and the FASA was working fine after that, so the acetone has retreived alkaloids. It might be that the bufotenine freebase oxidises if diluted in water for long.

If it does it might be a good idea to dry it in the oven when using water with the freebased bufotenin to minimise losses, but someone might be able to shed more light on what happened.
"Once I thought I'd been offered a joint but had been given angel dust. I smoked it, but had horrific hallucinations - oh my God, I was out of control.
I saw eight of everything and believed that I could fly.
That was when I stopped taking drugs. I started doing them to be a rebel, then realised that doing drugs just meant I was being an idiot.
Now I hate drugs. I constantly tell kids to stay away from them - they are the root of all evil." - David Gest

Jorkest
#75 Posted : 3/25/2009 9:10:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

at high ph's bufotenine breaks down..SWIM had this problem once...he freebased and then let it sit overnight..hoping it would dry..but it turned really dark..so its best to dry it like 10 minutes after freebasing
it's a sound

T
#76 Posted : 3/25/2009 9:18:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Too high ph could have been a problem as SWIM thinks he used too much sodium bicarbonate to freebase. Next time he'll be more careful. Does SWIY knows what's the ph needed to freebase most of the bufotenine?
"Once I thought I'd been offered a joint but had been given angel dust. I smoked it, but had horrific hallucinations - oh my God, I was out of control.
That was when I stopped taking drugs. I started doing them to be a rebel, then realised that doing drugs just meant I was being an idiot.
Now I hate drugs. I constantly tell kids to stay away from them - they are the root of all evil." - David Gest

Jorkest
#77 Posted : 3/25/2009 9:29:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wait...SWIY used sodium bicarbonate? sodium bicarb isnt really a good enough base for this TEK...you need to use sodium CARBONATE...but you can make sodium carbonate out of sodium bicarbonate by putting it in your oven at 450 for an hour or two...it will make it much more basic...
it's a sound

T
#78 Posted : 3/25/2009 10:20:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
wait...SWIY used sodium bicarbonate? sodium bicarb isnt really a good enough base for this TEK...you need to use sodium CARBONATE...but you can make sodium carbonate out of sodium bicarbonate by putting it in your oven at 450 for an hour or two...it will make it much more basic...

Sorry, SWIM used sodium carbonate...

Jorkest
#79 Posted : 3/26/2009 2:17:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well anyways...he doesnt think that an excess amount of sodium carb would damage it..but more a matter of time..
it's a sound

Jorkest
#80 Posted : 3/26/2009 2:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you can use citric acid as well
it's a sound

«PREV23456NEXT»