We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Jorkest's D-Limonene Bufotenine Extraction TEK Options

obliguhl
#41 Posted : 3/23/2009 12:12:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whatr about orange oil? It contains 90% d-limonene...maybe purer stuff could be found under orange oil concentrate

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#42 Posted : 3/23/2009 1:50:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

yeah... mostly that kind of search will show me odd stuff. Anything useful in substance is usually highly unuseful in price/quantity.

I keep looking Smile

endlessness
#43 Posted : 3/23/2009 1:55:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

look on e.bay. .. someone on this forum once posted a link to a supplier of food grade limonene, shipping from the UK, quite good prices IMO..

soulfood
#44 Posted : 3/23/2009 2:07:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah thanks.

I've found a more suitable thread for this problem now.

69ron
#45 Posted : 3/23/2009 4:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FYI: you can use orange oil instead of d-limonene for nearly all techs requiring d-limonene. Most orange oil is actually about 95% d-limonene (depending on which oranges), which is about as pure as food grade d-limonene.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

SpasticSpaz
#46 Posted : 3/23/2009 8:03:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is the FASA really necessary?

Since FASA didn't remove the bad side effects causing alkaloids in previous extractions, doesn't that mean the d-limonene step is what's getting rid of those undesired components?

I ask because my own personal goal is the best effects (and fewest unwanted side effects) with the least amount of effort, which may entail a slightly different approach from those who like an aesthetically pleasing product with no left over gunk in the smoking device.

soulfood
#47 Posted : 3/23/2009 9:55:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
FYI: you can use orange oil instead of d-limonene for nearly all techs requiring d-limonene. Most orange oil is actually about 95% d-limonene (depending on which oranges), which is about as pure as food grade d-limonene.

My issue with orange oil is it's quite a vague term for many oilly things with orangey characteristics.

Any clues that should point towards the right stuff would be very greatfully appreciated Smile

endlessness
#48 Posted : 3/23/2009 10:06:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has endless amounts of oranges where he is living... can he make limonene himself? the issue is he has no equipment to distill... can one improvise ?

69ron
#49 Posted : 3/23/2009 11:01:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't you buy orange oil at the local health food store?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#50 Posted : 3/23/2009 11:06:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM is in a quite remote small place, there is no health store hehe... he will probably order from the UK ebay, though, as someone posted a link on another thread

69ron
#51 Posted : 3/23/2009 11:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can make it at home. You don’t need to distill it. You can press the oil out of the orange peel. But you need a ton for just a little bit of oil!

Dorge
#52 Posted : 3/23/2009 11:18:59 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

ok heres a list of orange oil products...
http://www.google.com/pr...p;resnum=1&ct=title

looks like there are many uses for orange Oil... a local organic green house supply company may sell it for pest control even... there are aroma therapy shops, hard ware stores, janitorial supply houses. SWIM is getting some D-limonene from janitorial supply stores... many janitorial supply stores are going green because there has been many health problems from industrial cleaning products...
So... expand your searching areas locally...
health food stores, hardware stores, industrial supply stores, i found 94% pure D-limonene at an industrial supply house... but I was waiting for something better...

Orange Oil has additional waxes in it, many products claim.. those waxs could possibly have an impact in your product... maybe not though... just saying...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

SpasticSpaz
#53 Posted : 3/24/2009 1:03:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

here's a source that's pretty reasonable for straight up d-limonene:

greenterpene.com

soulfood
#54 Posted : 3/24/2009 1:06:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Can't you buy orange oil at the local health food store?

It's more of a quantity thing here though. Health and aromatherapy stores tend to sell small quantities for way more than they're worth.

I found this:

http://www.generalfinish...iewProduct&PID=1072

But on the MSDS it states that Mineral oil - 90%, D-limonene - 10%

Mineral oil sounds fairly vague.

I found this:

http://www.thesoapkitche...ld%20Soap%20Kitchen.pdf

£33 a litre though...

69ron
#55 Posted : 3/24/2009 1:30:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If there's a local orange juice company, it's 99% likely that they also produce orange oil because it's a byproduct of the juicing industry. They might be able to get you a bunch of it really cheap if you ask for it.

Not all orange oil is the same, but most orange oil naturally contains high amounts of d-limonene. Food grade d-limonene is just another name for orange oil. It’s just pressed directly from the orange peel and sometimes also distilled.

Italian Orange Oil is normally 93.67 % d-limonene
Valencia Orange Oil is normally 91.4-97.0 % d-limonene

The impurities from distilled orange oil all evaporate away cleanly and are not water soluble.

SWIM uses food grade orange oil that is only 95% d-limonene for all his extractions now. He’s been able to get 99% pure white odorless mescaline using that solvent, with no impurities from the orange oil, so the orange oil impurities are of no consequence if the tech is designed for it.

soulfood
#56 Posted : 3/24/2009 1:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So if something claims to be 100% orange oil is that a safe bet?

Also I'm noticing that many of these orange oils have a shelf life. Is this true for pure D-limonene also?

69ron
#57 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:44:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Jorkest, SWIM finally got around to using d-limonene with his freebase bufotenine.

As you know, SWIM’s bufotenine was purified by an A/B extraction followed by a xylene boil and decanted. It’s off white and about 99% pure, but even after drying for a long time there’s still tiny amounts of xylene present and it bothers him.

So anyway, he did a 25 ml d-limonene boil with his remaining 425 mg of off white freebase bufotenine. It all dissolved about a minute before the d-limonene started to boil. It seems like bringing it to a boil may not be necessary and just bringing it to a simmer might be good enough. I believe all you need to do is bring it to the boiling point of bufotenine.

Anyway, it worked quite well. It’s been about 2 hours since and most of it has precipitated out of the d-limonene.

One thing that’s very different between using xylene and using d-limonene is that d-limonene gives you more time to decant the solvent because the bufotenine stays almost completely dissolved many minutes after taking it off the heat source, while with xylene, crystals start dropping out as soon as you take it off the heat source. When decaonting xylene, crystals form as it’s pouring. This doesn’t happen with d-limonene making it easier to use.

The smell of the boiling d-limonene is VERY NICE. Mmmm. Smells like orange juice.

D-limonene is a fantastic solvent.

Jorkest
#58 Posted : 3/24/2009 7:16:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ahh thats some good info..perhaps SWIM will try taking some of his bufo and try that out..perhaps it will make it a bit cleaner...SWIM also noticed that when the d-limonene boils..it starts to turn a little yellow...SWIM cant remember exactly but he thinks it happened after it started to boil..perhaps the d-limonene starts to break down at some temp??

and it sure is an amazing solvent...nothing better! its so surprising that orange oil would be such a wonderful carrier for all these different and wonderful alkaloids! bufotenine..jungle spice..5-meo-dmt..dmt..mescaline(and desert spice...or mescaline friendsPleased)....what about LSA?? what about psilocin and psilocybin?? maybe more!? its also so awesome that it can so easily purify bufotenine...that is one of its biggest awesomest traits..there is nothing this solvent cant do!

SWIM's friends are much happier with d-limonene...they dont think hes killing himself with those nasty solvent fumes...its surprising though..that after boiling some d-limonene how STRONG that orange scent is..SWIM kinda feels like it actually gets him a little high...
it's a sound

Phlux-
#59 Posted : 3/24/2009 9:28:23 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

what color is room temp d-limonene ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#60 Posted : 3/24/2009 9:42:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
ahh thats some good info..perhaps SWIM will try taking some of his bufo and try that out..perhaps it will make it a bit cleaner...SWIM also noticed that when the d-limonene boils..it starts to turn a little yellow...SWIM cant remember exactly but he thinks it happened after it started to boil..perhaps the d-limonene starts to break down at some temp??

and it sure is an amazing solvent...nothing better! its so surprising that orange oil would be such a wonderful carrier for all these different and wonderful alkaloids! bufotenine..jungle spice..5-meo-dmt..dmt..mescaline(and desert spice...or mescaline friendsPleased)....what about LSA?? what about psilocin and psilocybin?? maybe more!? its also so awesome that it can so easily purify bufotenine...that is one of its biggest awesomest traits..there is nothing this solvent cant do!

SWIM's friends are much happier with d-limonene...they dont think hes killing himself with those nasty solvent fumes...its surprising though..that after boiling some d-limonene how STRONG that orange scent is..SWIM kinda feels like it actually gets him a little high...

SWIM noticed that the d-limonene started getting darker as soon as it started to boil. Maybe the bufotenine is breaking down and not the d-limonene?

His d-limonene is "food grade" which is apparently not distilled. The distilled kind is called "high purity" d-limonene. So some impurities in it might break down by boiling it.

Bufotenine's melting point is 146–147 C. D-limonene boils at 176 C, and so maybe that's causing break down of some of the bufotenine. His bufotenine was about 99% pure, however, there were brown spots in the beaker used to boil the bufotenine in the d-limonene. He decanted it into another beaker after boiling it. The other beaker also has some brown matter in it.

The brown matter in the beaker used to boil it was burnt and not soluble in acetone or 91% IPA. It was also not soluble in water. It was somewhat soluble in vinegar and smelled like oranges when SWIM finally dissolved it in the vinegar. Maybe it's one of the impurities in food grade d-limonene that's burning when the solvent is boiled?

At any rate, the bufotenine melted completely when the d-limonene was simmering before it came to a boil. At that time the d-limonene didn't look so dark. That's probably the time to decant it, and not when it's boiling.

Xylene did not have this behavior. SWIM could re-boil his bufotenine in xylene many times to purify it more and more and no dark material ever formed in it. Either the bufotenine is burning in the boiling d-limonene or impurities in the "food grade" d-limonene are burning.

The d-limonene precipitation is now done. There are no more precipitates in it, they've all settled down. SWIM poured off the d-limonene. The precipitates are much darker in color and there are brown spots here and there. He dissolved them in acetone. The brown material under the bufotenine and on the sides of the beaker was soluble in the acetone. He put it in a food dehydrator to evaporate. It's currently evaporating. No crystals are forming. It doesn't look good.

PREV12345NEXT»