We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Jorkest's D-Limonene Bufotenine Extraction TEK Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 3/15/2009 3:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Jorkest's D-Limonene Bufotenine Extraction(5-HO-DMT)

The following is a straightforward, step-by-step outline for the simple and effective extraction of the psychedelic substance, Bufotenine, from Cebil seeds. Dangerous solvents(still flammable!) are not used, and there is no danger of contamination of the final product as the primary and final solvent is 100% safe to ingest. The only strong/noxious fumes to contend with during the process are those of Acetone, unless you consider the smell of oranges from D-limonene to be noxious.

If followed with attention to detail, this extraction guide will produce approximately 1000mg of relatively clean, crystalline Bufotenine freebase powder, tan in color.

Materials:
50g Anadenanthera Colubrina (seeds)
27g of Sodium Carbonate
1g(excessive but better safe than sorry) Fumaric Acid
100ml D-limonene
800ml Acetone

Equipment:
Hotplate
The Herbal Percolator (instructions)
Cotton Balls
HDPE/Stainless/Glass Containers
HDPE/Stainless/Glass Dishes

Procedure:

Step 1 ) Coarsely grind 50g of seeds into a powder, which contains the Bufotenine in a salt form; convert this to its freebase form by adding 25g of Sodium Carbonate and just enough water to wet the combination into a thick, pasty consistency. Stir this for 5-10 minutes, then dry completely.

Step 2 ) Take the freebased seed powder and add it into the THP over the cotton ball filter. Pour 200ml of Acetone over the seed powder, which will filter through the cotton and into a container of your choosing. Take that very same Acetone and pour into the THP 10 more times(its quick so might as well do it a bunch). Put the filtered Acetone into it’s own container. Take 200ml of fresh Acetone, and repeat another 10 filters, adding that to the previously filtered Acetone. Once more, take another 200ml of fresh Acetone, and filter 10 times, adding it to the mix. You should have approximately 600ml of Acetone which has been run through the ground seed powder many times.

Step 3 ) Prepare your FASA by adding your 1g of fumaric acid to 150ml of acetone, and stir. Add the FASA to the 600ml of filtered Acetone, for the Bufotenine to fumarate salt conversion, which will settle to the bottom. Continue adding FASA until clouds no longer form in the mixture. Pour out the Acetone/FASA mixture after all solids precipitate and keep the left-over solids.

Step 4 ) Convert the left over solids back to Bufotenine freebase by adding a spoonful(2g) of Sodium Carbonate and just enough water to turn them into a pasty consistency. Dry completely.

Step 5 ) Pour 50ml of fresh Acetone into the Bufotenine freebase and stir for 5-10 minutes; when done, pour the Acetone through a cotton filter into a glass dish to allow for it to evaporate over a hotplate. Do this twice with a fresh 50ml of acetone. This should recover approximately 2g of Bufotenine freebase.

Step 6 ) Bring 35ml(more than you need but quite a bit of it evaporates during the boil) of D-limonene to a boil (176 Celsius) and then add the Bufotenine freebase. The D-limonene will be hot enough so that the Bufotenine will melt and become soluble in the hot limonene, but the toxins and other undesirables will not be, and will remain. Let the mixture boil for 5 minutes.

Step 7 ) Pour off the boiling D-limonene into a dish with a large surface area so that it can cool. When pouring off the D-limonene you have to wait until it stops boiling, this only takes like 5 seconds because otherwise the contaminates do not puddle up. After it stops bubbling immediately pour it off because it is starting to drop the bufotenine. As soon as the D-limonene cools below it’s boiling point, Bufotenine freebase will quickly fall out of it; emphasis on quickly! It happens in mere minutes. Allow the D-limonene to continue to cool completely and then pour off the remaining clear d-limonene. You should be left with approximately 1g of Bufotenine freebase, allow residual d-limonene to evaporate off, using a slightly warm hotplate speeds this up greatly.

Step 8 ) Repeat steps 6 and 7 again on the black goop that is left after the first d-limonene boil. This will get out any left over bufotenine.

Step 9 ) You can then repeat the d-limonene boil on the already purified bufotenine to purify it further.

Step 10 Enjoy!

I would also like to say that this would not have been possible without the information and guidance from many forum members. I didn't create this TEK, it just kind of formed from all the pooled knowledge from the members of this forum. Thank you all for the help!!! And thanks to Bodhisattva for helping to put this together.
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bodhisattva
#2 Posted : 3/15/2009 4:42:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Step 0 ) Obtain some good, potent Anadenanthera Colubrina seeds.

Doh! I can only surmise a certain hoppity bear might know where to find these in the jungle?

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 3/15/2009 4:46:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

its always hit or miss..but as a certain rule of thumb..NEVER buy the ones they have on sale..because if they are trying to sell them cheap..its likely because they cant sell them because they are crappy...
it's a sound

Dorge
#4 Posted : 3/15/2009 6:34:40 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Whats the bioassy like on this one?
snuffing?
smoking?
sublingual?
very exciting!

Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 3/15/2009 3:00:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the bioassay of the resulting material was the best..most powerful bufo extraction that SWIM has used..he smoked 10mg over the course of 10 minutes...he put the 10mg on top of some honey mullen hash(weed leaf hash from an acetone extraction..infused the mullen with it..with a bit of honey mixed in as well) the honey mullen hash burns very slowly..so its perfect for smoking bufotenine with...the times when SWIM smoked the whole dose at once..he usually got unpleasant side effects(this was also not very purified extract)

this extract produced no nausea..only slight vasoconstriction..which went away quickly..and then the effects gradually came on over the next 5-10 minutes..the visuals were the strongest hes gotten from a bufo extraction..sort of psilocybin like..but with its own flavor..but extremely sweet and euphoric as well
it's a sound

Mr.0ldtymer
#6 Posted : 3/15/2009 3:54:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks once again.I spent about 4 hours last night reading through different accounts and sources just on this very subject and was more confused after I finished than before I started.SWIM is looking forward to giving this one a try in the near future.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 3/15/2009 4:14:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Wow, i had never even heard of limonene before. Is this a common O.T.C. product in the U.S.?

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 3/15/2009 5:31:13 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Excellent tek Jorkest.

It has been added to the DMT-Nexus Wiki: Jorkest's D-Limonene Bufotenine Extraction
Feel free to change anything to your liking on the wiki.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

endlessness
#9 Posted : 3/15/2009 5:32:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot jorkest, this is pretty straightforward and safe! An excellent addition to the general knowledge of these substances Smile

VisualDistortion
#10 Posted : 3/15/2009 6:06:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks alot Jorkest. Now I don't have to sort through pages and pages of the bufotinine extraction thread to sort out all the little details. So you don't use a mek:heptane pruification now? What color are the crystals that you get from this process.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Dorge
#11 Posted : 3/15/2009 6:33:39 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

intteresting... jorkest... would you say a slightly higher dose could increase the effects?
are the crystals snuffable...
if a more snuffable extract could be made... with effects the same as just limestone paste and seed...with out the lime stone burn we would really have somthing there...

Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 3/15/2009 8:22:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a higher dose most certainly would have increased the effects..no doubt..the crystalline powder is a light tan and is very dense...the smell is very interesting too...it doesnt quite smell like oranges..it kinda has a sweet spicy smell to it..it smells very familiar but SWIM cant put his finger on it

SWIM once snorted 50mg of some past extracted bufo...and it wasnt very pleasant...SWIM puked very hard..and then he doesnt really remember much..woke up in bed the next day..and he kept seeing people standing in his peripheral vision that werent there....AND he couldn't see real people that were in his periperal vision..is was strange..
it's a sound

69ron
#13 Posted : 3/15/2009 10:17:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LLB wrote:
if a more snuffable extract could be made... with effects the same as just limestone paste and seed...with out the lime stone burn we would really have somthing there...

SWIM snorted 50 mg of his pure bufotenine (nearly white, just slightly yellow/tan) and the effects were very powerful with SWIM hallucinating strongly for 2 hours.

SWIM doesn’t like snorting things. It's more pleasant and more potent when smoked so why snort it?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#14 Posted : 3/15/2009 10:36:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess people are interested in snorting these coumpounds so they last an hour or two and have a longer peak.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Dorge
#15 Posted : 3/15/2009 11:19:36 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

JESUS JORKEST! that sounds horrible! scary when that sort of thing happens... you have my deepest sympathy... learn with the alkaloid burn with the alkaloid...lol

69ron wrote:
LLB wrote:

SWIM snorted 50 mg of his pure bufotenine (nearly white, just slightly yellow/tan) and the effects were very powerful with SWIM hallucinating strongly for 2 hours.

SWIM doesn’t like snorting things. It's more pleasant and more potent when smoked so why snort it?

SWIM likes snorting things... swim likes snorting cebil very very much... swim does not like the caustic effects of lime stone paste in swims nasal cavity however... besides SWIYS personal reaction to the smoked bufotenine he has not yet seen any reports that its any thing like snuffing it. I mean SWIYS reports sound AWESOME... and really exciting, and SWIM would freakin love that, btu im not reading any repeated subjective reports from others stating that they are getting the same results. which makes swim think that its got somthing to do with smoking it in general... swim knows that snuffing it works really well.. and your report on it working as well sounds great!

69ron
#16 Posted : 3/15/2009 11:36:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
I guess people are interested in snorting these coumpounds so they last an hour or two and have a longer peak.

The duration is about the same weather you smoke it or snort it. The only difference is the onset. The only thing that makes it last longer is taking a stronger dose. (Taking it orally or intra-rectally is a different story though, in which case it peaks after about 90 minutes and the whole experience lasts about 3-4 hours). With smoking the onset is faster taking about 1 minute to start, with snorting it takes about 2-5 minutes to start. Either way the trip can last 2-3 hours if enough is taken. But snorting is more of a mental experience and smoking is a more visual experience.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Fatcat
#17 Posted : 3/16/2009 12:44:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot Jorkest, this is defiantly going to be my next extraction. I'm glad to hear the D-limonene works. I am very very excited now.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

69ron
#18 Posted : 3/16/2009 1:14:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
VisualDistortion wrote:

The duration is about the same weather you smoke it or snort it. The only difference is the onset. The only thing that makes it last longer is taking a stronger dose. (Taking it orally or intra-rectally is a different story though, in which case it peaks after about 90 minutes and the whole experience lasts about 3-4 hours). With smoking the onset is faster taking about 1 minute to start, with snorting it takes about 2-5 minutes to start. Either way the trip can last 2-3 hours if enough is taken. But snorting is more of a mental experience and smoking is a more visual experience.

I forgot to mention that snorting pure bufotenine with a little calcium hydroxide or calcium carbonate makes it a little more effective, a little more visual, makes the onset quicker, and causes a little less side effects. Calcium carbonate is best because you can easily overuse it without it burning your nose. Calcium hydroxide burns quite a lot. Bufotenine itself burns, but just a tiny bit.

Making the nose alkaline keeps the alkaloid from forming a salt in the nose. Salts absorb very poorly. By adding a base like calcium carbonate you ensure that the nose stays alkaline so the alkaloid stays as freebase in the nose and so it absorbs faster.

All of the salt forms of bufotenine that SWIM has tried are fairly unpleasant (like bufotenine HCl, bufotenine citrate, etc.) causing mostly bodily side effects and little else. You want to absorb it as freebase for the best results so that most of the bufotenine quickly gets to the brain instead of lingering around in the body causing side effects. Smoking freebase bufotenine works really well because it has little chance to form a salt. Snorting gives it more time to form a salt so a base is needed. Ingesting it orally gives it plenty of time to form a salt, that’s why it’s not very visual and causes lots of side effects when taken orally. The stomach acids form bufotenine HCl from the freebase. However taking it intra-rectally is quite different. It absorbs quite well as freebase that way. I’m not sure why. It’s said to be the most pleasant way to take freebase bufotenine. SWIM tried it once, and it was one of the nicest trips SWIM ever had.

Jorkest
#19 Posted : 3/17/2009 5:33:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just did a 200g extraction on Cebil seeds with this tek..hes not quite done yet..but he yielded a little more than 10g of bufotenine fumarate(and crap) about a third of it is fumaric acid...and maybe less of a third of it is crap...SWIM should end up with about ~4g of fairly pure bufotenine..as a tannish crystalline powder..

some advice...dont smoke it completely hammered..for some reason..whenever SWIM gets completely smashed..like 2 people drinking 3 blender fulls of daiquiris smashed..he loves to smoke some bufotenine..dont understand why..he doesnt either..well anyway...he woke up today...not knowing that he had even smoked the stuff...completely dressed(sweet..dont have to put on clothes today!)...and when he went outside to piss(he likes peeing out doors) he found a pile of red vomit right outside his door..daiquiri colored red...

he always pukes when he smokes either dmt or bufotenine when shit faced..and then he always wakes up the next day..either in a weird position or with his clothes on..with puke somewhere..he cant even remember he did it until he finds his puke..and notices the pipe sitting out..and then the memory slowly starts coming back..and he was like..wow why do i do that..what a waste...being drunk is most of the reason the people in dmt hyperspace are pissed at him..he kept smoking it when he was hammered..because it was the only time he would ever want to(beer=liquid courage)...he would puke..and then not remember a damn thing..so its a waste of time..dont do it..and i hope that he can get it through his thick skull too..

haha he is thinking about making a nice butt pill of bufotenine..and was wondering what the dose SWIY used 69ron
it's a sound

69ron
#20 Posted : 3/17/2009 6:09:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
haha he is thinking about making a nice butt pill of bufotenine..and was wondering what the dose SWIY used 69ron

Oh man...I knew eventually I'd have to talk about that again.

Actually Yopo enemas were one of the traditional ways of using Yopo in some areas.

Ok, let me check SWIM's notes on it...

He mixed 100 mg of impure amber bufotenine with 800 mg of melted cocoa butter put into a pill shaped candy mold. The impure bufotenine did not dissolve in the cocoa butter, but was simply mixed into it. It was then placed in the refrigerator until hard and inserted.

It took 20 minutes for the effects to start. It peaked after 1 hour. The total duration was about 3 hours. During the peak there were pretty good visual effects, but not intense. The potency seems to be about 1/10 the potency of smoking it.

It was the most euphoric bufotenine experience SWIM ever had with impure bufotenine. Even though it was impure, there were no side effects noticed other than slight tension in the body during the peak. The onset was very gradual. Tingling sensations were felt mostly in the legs instead of the hands and face.

The entire experience was very nice. One of the nicest psychedelic trips SWIM had. It wasn't at all intense, but just very nice. No mental "mind fuck", just visuals and euphoria.

The only real downside was the downside.

I'm thinking that instead of using cocoa butter which tends to want to escape, that it might be much better to load a gelatin capsule with bufotenine and use that as a suppository. I've seen that method recommended for making homemade suppositories for use with marijuana extracts.

123NEXT»