We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
doing xylol extraction Options

Fuego
#1 Posted : 5/30/2007 7:06:04 PM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
of mimosa to get out the red dmt... and its not quite working. didnt pull anything but more yellow goo. no dmt in it. and i think the xylol wont evaporate out of my tray. the yellow goo still smells like xylene no matter how long i let it evaporate! help?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Noman
#2 Posted : 5/30/2007 7:27:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xylol takes forever to evaporate. Well not forever but days to a week. Did your friend use xylol as his primary extraction solvent or did he use it after extracting with naptha?

Fuego
#3 Posted : 5/30/2007 8:43:10 PM

first he used naptha. then he left the tray full of xylene (there was a bunch in there too) to evaporate on his roof ( a rather hot place). after three hours all but the yellow goo had evaporated. i suspect the yellow goo is just extracted material with small amounts of the xylene

Fuego
#4 Posted : 5/31/2007 3:01:10 AM

aw crap, well how should i go about geting that xylol outa my jars then?

Noman
#5 Posted : 5/31/2007 6:03:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:0143384b65="Astral Time-traveller"]Don't use xylol. Soak bark in strong lye water with ODORLESS paint thinner on surface and stir occasionally. Decant solvent and place in refrigerator, NOT freezer. The next day crystals will be waiting. Photos are in "Crystallization in the Quick Tek" thread I made.[/quote:0143384b65] He's trying to get red spice. It's not soluable in naptha or heptane, OMS won't do shit. Fuego - you have to be patient. A rooftop is no place to be evaping alkaloid containing solvent - UV is horribly destructive to alks. Let the stuff sit in a dark cabinet and wait. You'll be left with a semi-soft non greasy wax. Xylol is nasty, but it evaporates completely given enough time. Soap and hot water will clean it from any non porous surface.

Noman
#6 Posted : 5/31/2007 7:26:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:59c9cfc75e="Astral Time-traveller"]The DMT from this simple process most certainly contains other alkaloids beside DMT as will be proven to you when you take a small hit of not even 20mg. VERY different from normal DMT, very machine like without any pleasurable high, with a burning sensation in the brain and much stronger heart beat and higher blood pressure. Seems to be designed to terrify.[/quote:59c9cfc75e] Sounds great. Razz

Fuego
#7 Posted : 6/1/2007 8:40:35 PM

so how does one get pure dmt then? your telling me that ive already extracted the red dmt and have been smoking it with my "clean " spice?

Fuego
#8 Posted : 6/2/2007 12:41:15 AM

you just took everything i know about dmt extraction and turned it on its head

Noman
#9 Posted : 6/2/2007 5:32:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Which means that everything that you (and the rest of the thinking world) know about DMT extraction is wrong or that AT&T is wrong. You decide. (ask him how much 15ml of lye weighs for a hint)

angryanus
#10 Posted : 6/2/2007 7:48:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

eh im confused now
i still laugh at flatulence

Fuego
#11 Posted : 6/2/2007 9:26:50 PM

you guys always battle its funy... i think you should have an extraction-off to decide the fate of the universe.

Big Inhale
#12 Posted : 12/6/2007 4:42:51 PM

The Enlightend One

if what you say is true Astral then how after swims bark seems exhausted from a stb teq then does a xylene he pulls more alks out and it seems that all your saying is do a stb with odorless mineral spirits to get everything out but i do that and still end pulling more with xylene there are also reports of pulling 4 to 5 grams of this mystery spice from spent bark so any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Big Inhale
#13 Posted : 12/13/2007 4:18:42 PM

The Enlightend One

The only thing other than DMT in mimoso root bark is Yeramamine which is a newly discovered alkaloid with MAO inhibitor effects. do you have any proof of this
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 12/13/2007 6:33:39 PM

The Great Namah

Only Yuramine?? That is utter nonsense.. this link shows a GC/MS for a MHRB extract...there is a LOT more than just DMT and Yuramine in there. Post #20 has the actual document in it. http://forums.mycotopia....hostilis-being-sold.html There are a TON of alkaloids present in MHRB.... NMT for one.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

El Ka Bong
#15 Posted : 12/13/2007 10:35:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wait .. slow down.. Astral T T .. ! I'm lost too now, ... red, white yellow... from which solvent where.>!? huh.? ... and like syzygypsy said.. ! We can choose from many NP solvents, some with bigger,more aromatic molecules, and there are slower evporating types but we want fast evaping types for clean dmt, right..?. But with toluene some other pigments / alkaloids get pulled out too, and this makes a red-rusty waxy spice with weirder qualities. DCM or other less 'aliphatic' NP solvents are different as well, I assumed, so you'd get slightly differing yeilds too, depending on solvent, no..?. That means stick with naphtha, the purer the better (isn't diethtyl-ether the purest type..?) And let me just say that I thought that colour of dmt one ended up with (from MHRB) was based on the qualities of the NP solvent chosen - some alkaloids didn't get pulled in naphtha, so that's a good choice for NP solvent, to get pure dmt. Is there a Tek to extract a reddish mixture from MHRB, consisting of all the dmt AND the mystery MAOs and other putative 'good' alkaloids ? Swim resorted to cool-temp acid extractions to see if this helped, but reading above, I presume you need to go to an STB to get both then..? SWIM once made a batch of a reddish-brown dmt from MHRB- I'm not sure how but it was qualitatively different from the white-yellow from the subsequent batch of extract. At first it was her favorite colour to smoke over white or yellow, but as it aged, and became darker red, blacker, the effects did become "evil" ... opening only to black spaces, twisted hyperspace. It was as though the dmt in the red spice had deteriorated and oxidized, leaving mostly mystery alkaloids that were having a greater effect. I used to also think that the dmt we hear about from the 1970's and until 1990's was made with other solvents than naphtha, hence it's red colour and maybe differing potency..?. I like the odourless paint thinner idea ! I'm on it !

WSaged
#16 Posted : 12/18/2007 7:50:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:c3fed39038]Science is based on replication. If you replicate the above experiment and get different results, I would love to hear them.[/quote:c3fed39038] I have a dime size ball of redish-brownish gooy wax that I pulled out of my used bark solution (4-naptha pulls) with Xylene. I have not tried any of it yet but the Xylene smell is gone and it has a [b:c3fed39038]strong[/b:c3fed39038] indole smell unlike the smell of my white DMT crystals. After trying a little to see if its active, I plan on trying to do a "re-crystalization" [i:c3fed39038]type[/i:c3fed39038] cleaning with just enough warm Xylene to disolve it etc... I want to keep the redish Alkaloid and the white DMT together. This sounds more like the "redish/orange-ish, earwax like" DMT that I have read about for the past 13 years in McKenna articles and such. If I have read correcly, most of the older (10 or more yrs) extraction teks use xylene in place of naptha throughout the tek. I'll let you know how it is soon. WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!