We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"we never free a mind once its reached a certain age" Options

xoanon
#1 Posted : 3/10/2012 7:35:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Although its a line from a movie, I can understand this concept especially when it comes to ayahuasca, but id like to know if anyone has advice, suggestions or experience as far as going beyond this theoretical upper age limit. I understand certain contraindications, but regardless of my culturally accepted education, id like to know what fellow nexians have to contribute. Thanks all
and anything ive posted is an illusion and i do not condone any of it

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

alert
#2 Posted : 3/10/2012 7:43:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This doesn't make sense to me. In India it is the exact opposite, it is common for men to wait to search for enlightenment until they are a senior; at this point they have taken care of their family and done all the wordly things they need to do and are free to give everything up in their pursuit. Seems working with Aya could be looked at in a similar fashion.

xoanon
#3 Posted : 3/10/2012 7:48:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That's a good point. Appreciate the info thank you!
and anything ive posted is an illusion and i do not condone any of it

jamie
#4 Posted : 3/10/2012 9:33:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I dont really understand what you are asking? Are you asking if we agree that once you reach a certain age your mind cannot be opened?
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#5 Posted : 3/10/2012 9:35:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

xoanon wrote:
Although its a line from a movie, I can understand this concept especially when it comes to ayahuasca, but id like to know if anyone has advice, suggestions or experience as far as going beyond this theoretical upper age limit. I understand certain contraindications, but regardless of my culturally accepted education, id like to know what fellow nexians have to contribute. Thanks all

I would agree with "alert". My first DMT experience was several years ago at age 49, and my first experience with any psychedelic substance was a year before that (salvia).

This obviously doesn’t apply to everyone, but…

as you get older, you become more experienced in life generally - your spiritual/psychological/mystical “vocabulary” expands. For many, you are much better equipped to integrate intense psychedelic experiences. Ego becomes less and less important. Beliefs are softened. Doubt and uncertainly are more easily accepted.

As you get older, mortality becomes a real, concrete fact. Not the abstraction that many younger people create.

I believe that the more you’ve learned in life, the more you can get out of a psychedelic experience. Such experiences build on the foundation already established by living a long and inquisitive life.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

aliendreamtime
#6 Posted : 3/11/2012 3:16:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ makes sense to me.

vovin
#7 Posted : 3/11/2012 3:30:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

jamie wrote:
I dont really understand what you are asking? Are you asking if we agree that once you reach a certain age your mind cannot be opened?

There are those who believe though defensive mechanisms that the foundation to the reality of a older mind should not be tampered with. It comes from the observation that even the greatest minds in the world 'scientists' often refuse reality faced with the fact that their life's work was wrong. It takes a special kind of courage to look back on your life and see you were on a erroneous path.

To accept it and make that fundamental change is not within the nature of most humans. Thus the mess that mankind now finds itself in. The old kings of the industrial era cannot accept the new way. They seek to force mankind's hand and warp reality and their perceptions of it. Truth be told we are all wrong. It will come a day when you will have to recon with this, for those of us who seek, it will come many times in a life. This IMHO the ultimate test of courage. To face your folly and accept it.

there is also the fact that if one has reached a older age and not taken that step on their own accord they are not of the sort to take such a journey. But still I myself never say never, every-time I do I am proven wrong.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Super Radical
#8 Posted : 3/11/2012 6:02:01 AM

Poop Giggle

I could never imagine there was an age cut-off for expanding your mind. I would imagine that the ones who believe there is are the ones that need it most, maybe. Depending on how fragile the individuals mind is.

There are some things.

kyrolima
#9 Posted : 3/11/2012 1:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a mind is never free anyway...
elusive illusion

jungleheart
#10 Posted : 3/11/2012 4:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

alert wrote:
This doesn't make sense to me. In India it is the exact opposite, it is common for men to wait to search for enlightenment until they are a senior; at this point they have taken care of their family and done all the wordly things they need to do and are free to give everything up in their pursuit. Seems working with Aya could be looked at in a similar fashion.

That's really touching.