We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
The DMT Handbook - Now Available Options

fiveseven
#61 Posted : 7/30/2011 6:26:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DidMyTest wrote:
Nice book a few things are missing:
But besides that I've two questions:
- what PH should the basyfied solution have. What I mean perhaps the bark,cooking etc. influences the PH so the 200 grams of Sodium Hydroxide is not something meaningful. I read 9-11 is good (http://www.dmtextraction.org/phalaris1dmtextraction.htm)?

In my experience with LexTex and this DMT handbook, a pH lower than 12 leaves acacia brews frothy and unwieldy (ie, unable to siphon.) With especially fresh acacia bark, ive found even higher may be necessary, ie 13-14. For the record, this is with 5-6 yr old A. Acuminata bark.

DidMyTest wrote:

-why there is no defatting step like in this instruction: http://www.dmtextraction...alaris1dmtextraction.htm
Ok found in some post, that it is done with the recrystilasation

And I think the siphon is a really dangerous idea, at least if you use your mouth to soak on it. That's a liitle bit irresponsible for a beginners guide.

But all in all nice work and seems to be the best isntruction I've found.

Personally i prefer to use the defatting method in LexTex over recrystalization! I find it produces a much purer product, ie without rextalization i was able to grow pure clear (not white) crystals, some as big as ~4mm. And this from VERY oily acacia bark.

Oh and, if you're siphoning naptha/shellite, a drop on the tongue never hurt... just watch out for the NaOH mix Razz Hehe

Regards,

FS

Edit: (Added a few more pointers ive learned the hard way)

- Ive found a thin siphon (2-3mm diameter, ie aquarium pump tube) works better than thicker stuff as it runs slower and thus allows more precision. Also use round or flat bottom jars (not HDPE jugs with corrugated bottoms! it makes siphoning the last bit very difficult!)

- Barks vary. When doing the defat and acid-washing the shellite/dmt/plant-oil solution, i keep pulling until the pulls stop raising in pH. Ie, if im using a pH 3 wash, the first pull will likely be neutralized, the second pull might be 5, third 4. In this scenario i would do a fourth small pull which should come out close to 3 meaning little dmt is left in the shellite mixture.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

a1pha
#62 Posted : 7/30/2011 6:34:44 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

fiveseven wrote:

In my experience with LexTex and this DMT handbook, a pH lower than 12 leaves acacia brews frothy and unwieldy (ie, unable to siphon.) With especially fresh acacia bark, ive found even higher may be necessary, ie 13-14. For the record, this is with 5-6 yr old A. Acuminata bark.

Isn't LaTeX a typesetting program? It would be nice to have the handbook LaTeXed. Smile
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

fiveseven
#63 Posted : 7/30/2011 7:42:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
fiveseven wrote:

Isn't LaTeX a typesetting program? It would be nice to have the handbook LaTeXed. Smile

Good call, Ive been looking at too many journal references Razz

*LexTek

mitra
#64 Posted : 11/8/2011 5:14:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Special thanks to Viracocha for providing such an interesting and complete handbook on DMT extraction. I have a question about the first acid boiling process. It is said that we have 3 levels of boiling the bark. Which of the following does it mean with this? Wut?

1. We should divide the 2kg bark into 3 equal parts of each 650gr and boil each one inside the saucepan with acidified water for 1.5 hours. then we should mix all boiled tea together and finally after detaching barks with strainer, the tea should be boiled longer until we have only 2 liters of tea?

OR

2. We should put all the 2kg bark inside the saucepan with acidified water and boil it for 1.5 hours. Then we should pour the tea (without the boiled bark through strainer) inside a new jug and again pour new acidified water to the previous bark remained in the saucepan and repeat it 2 times and finally mix all the tea provided from boiling the same bark in 3 levels. After detaching the bark completely through the strainer now we should have the final boil which will reduce the tea to 2 liters.

Kind Regards,
Mitra

humblebee
#65 Posted : 11/12/2011 7:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SUPER NICE! thank you
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

pandelis
#66 Posted : 11/13/2011 10:34:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a nice handbook, one just wants to say thanks for that! definitely gives SWIM some further ideas. great!

Rustt
#67 Posted : 3/16/2012 2:41:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just read the handbook... Mind = Blown. Thanks for your time and a great post. I had no idea, two months ago, that the rabbit-hole would be so deep.Shocked

Icon
#68 Posted : 3/19/2012 10:12:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Viracocha! I had researched almost all of the information in the handbook before coming across this. Very complete guide on the diverse workings of DMT. I don't follow it as a tek, but it is certainly my guide and go-to for info. Thanks again for boiling down the mountains of information out there.

cyantific
#69 Posted : 6/7/2012 5:01:08 PM

Journeyman

I just read the A/B extraction method outlined in the handbook and have a couple questions.

Is shellite the best NP solvent to use, will Naptha work equally well?

Is the acid cook step necessary to achieve a good extraction ?

Shaolin
#70 Posted : 6/7/2012 5:55:52 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Shellite may refer to : An Australian form of Naphtha, which can be used as a fuel for lighters

A/B does not require excess lye. I don't know if STB works well with Acacias (if you're trying something else than MHRB). I would not omit the step for the first time.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

DrHofmann
#71 Posted : 8/11/2013 2:09:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks.

slant
#72 Posted : 8/21/2013 9:06:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great Read - was interested in the Acid Boil in PH 4 water before the ~ Lye step.

Does anyone know if a STAINLESS STEEL pot that is non stick ok, ie it has some form of Teflon or similiar coated on the pot.

Jees
#73 Posted : 8/21/2013 9:36:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Slant,

please find the search function, your help of choice in many cases, for teflon this came out immediately:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=367249
Read it through, It seems there is a mixed feeling about them. Though it is chemical inert, the kitchen practices might invoke unintended abuse (temperature - scratches).

Good luck.

Celen
#74 Posted : 6/19/2019 2:54:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dear Members,

The link to 'DMT handbook 1208' is not working.
"You have insufficient rights to download this resource. Contact forum administrator for further details."

Can someone please help me finding a way to download the handbook?
I have been searching the internet for weeks now.
I am trying to find a simpel method/recipe of how to make Changa from dried plants.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Celen

โ—‹
#75 Posted : 6/19/2019 3:17:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Celen wrote:
Dear Members,

The link to 'DMT handbook 1208' is not working.
"You have insufficient rights to download this resource. Contact forum administrator for further details."

Can someone please help me finding a way to download the handbook?
I have been searching the internet for weeks now.
I am trying to find a simpel method/recipe of how to make Changa from dried plants.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Celen

«PREV234