We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Reintroducing My Alternative to "The Machine" Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 7/22/2008 6:45:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Because I've learned so much more about this pipe that I had evolved out the ingenious design of "The Machine", I've decided to give it a new introduction:

Because I didn't have single-serving bottles of Hennessy readily available to me, my first exposure to "the machine" was a single-serving wine bottle attached to the top of a vitamin water bottle with a copper mesh plug and pen tube--the details of which are unimportant. I took a hiatus from extraction and smoking shortly after developing this method due to a legal scare regarding illegal substances.

After having picked up where I left off--to some great success--I sought a new method of smoking the spice while always considering that I would probably have to locate a hennessy bottle and a way put a hole in the bottom. During the extraction process, I was in search of newer and better transfer pipettes to aide in the process, and so I came across some glass medicine droppers readily available for otc purchase.

It soon occurred to me that the stem of these droppers could easily be converted into a vaporizer via a method identical to that of "the machine." This was extremely successful, but I realized that a decent amount of product tended to precipitate in the stem. The solution I came up with was to add a stainless steel spring or coil to the open stem to distribute heat throughout the length of the pipe, and this has worked wonders. So now I can always smoke a good breakthrough amount, and then recreationally smoke the leftovers afterward.

The second problem I encountered was that a buildup tended to develop near the nozzle after a great deal of use. However, I have only recently remedied this by serendipitous circumstance: I had fortunately saved a jar of of xylene (I pull all I can with naphtha and then do a final pull w/ xylene) with a fairly minuscule amount of product in it, so what I did was simply heat the xylene in hot-water bath, reattach the rubber dropper cap to all of my pipes, and pull xylene into them and squirt it back out into the jar; this is done repeatedly while sometimes leaving the xylene in the dropper stem to allow it to better absorb the melted product. Eventually I will try to recrystallize what is pulled out.

This is the most efficient way I could ever imagine smoking the spice, and I feel that it is extremely important to share with the purveyors of this forum. As always, I hope this has been quite helpful to you.

amor_fati attached the following image(s):
pipe1.JPG (60kb) downloaded 1,385 time(s).
pipe 2.JPG (70kb) downloaded 1,380 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mrs. Gerry
#2 Posted : 7/23/2008 11:35:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i yearn for perfection of this magnitude.
Everything you see here has been regurgitated from watching television.
Nothing is of absolute truth.

ChemicalEudaemonia
#3 Posted : 7/25/2008 8:16:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

it looks cool at least. good job putting forth your creativity.

though i suspect with a small pipe like that the vapors will come out fucking hot. is that true? and what is packed into the open end?

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 7/26/2008 12:42:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never noticed it being too hot, if it were, you'd probably be using it wrong. I do get throat tickle on occasion, but that's likely do to improper inhalation technique.

The plug is copper mesh from a scrub-pad, that I preburned to ensure it's ability to withstand heat and to burn off the coating; I just burned it 'til it stopped producing smoke.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 7/26/2008 8:04:02 AM

The Great Namah

Ummm, no offence but what you made it what people around here use for smoking crack cocaine. It's not really a new method, yours just uses a smaller stem. It does look a lot cooler than the "glass dick" pipes that can be found around here.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 7/26/2008 4:48:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I couldn't seem to find one that worked quite like mine, at least not on a google image search. The ones I did see rely on heating the glass, while mine works by passing the heat through the plug and spring. There's really not a whole lot of difference between freebase vaporizers, I suppose, but I liken mine more to the machine than any other form.

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 7/27/2008 6:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right now I'm playing around with different sizes of plugs and springs, and also the difference between a straight nozzle and a bent nozzle. I think it's going to take a while to notice any consistent difference, and whether each pipe has it's own character. I'm beginning to think that the method and manner of delivery is far more important than the dose; short-term tolerance seems to be a strong factor, as well. I don't know if I'm just overly sensitive to the spice, but 20 mg seems to do exactly what I need. Erowid has it listed as a light common dosage, so I'm willing to refine my methods to accommodate higher dosages. I'm only recently weighing the pipe to figure out the actual dose delivered, so I'll determine abilities of this pipe through such a method and post my results as they make themselves available.

adrian89987
#8 Posted : 7/28/2008 2:36:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How do you load it?

amor_fati
#9 Posted : 7/28/2008 2:29:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Into the large open end; mine have enough room for up to 70mg. The spice should then be melted into the mesh by a few concise blasts from a butane lighter against the glass at that end,being careful not to vaporize in the process.

adrian89987
#10 Posted : 7/28/2008 5:56:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna give this a try soon and let you know how it works for me

amor_fati
#11 Posted : 7/28/2008 7:04:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, just avoid applying direct flame to the mesh or glass. The idea of this one is to pull the heat through the pipe so that the metal acts as a heat sink. I generally need to give it about three tokes; though I'm sure It's possible to get it all in one, it tends to tickle my throat a little if I try.

adrian89987
#12 Posted : 7/28/2008 7:27:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is your thing pretty small? About 3 inches long? Just wanna make sure Im using the right size of dropper and not something way to small..

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 7/28/2008 7:55:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That'd be the one, though I'd love to try a larger one if I could.

adrian89987
#14 Posted : 7/28/2008 8:04:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok sweet! This weekend I'll give ti a try

It'll be great if it works really well, as this is an incredibly portable DMT pipe.

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 8/2/2008 7:23:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, 20mg seems to do far more than I'd expect with this thing...curious. My smoking technique apparently allows me to calculatedly do 20mg in 3 tokes for one hit, and then another 20 for the next hit and so on, even with 60mg loaded. I'm sure I could do more--even in one toke--but I'm still feeling out the intricacies of this pipe.

A stem with a straight nozzle seems to work best. The glass doesn't catch so much heat that way.

I'm trying to remember where I got the super long spring that I cut up to put in the stem of these pipes, and I believe it's from a handgun. I'm certain these could easily be found at gun stores and pawn shops. I had to use tin-snips to cut it, so it's a pretty hefty material.

If someone could let me know how the activity resulting from this method compares to that of "the machine," that'd be wonderful.

adrian89987
#16 Posted : 8/3/2008 2:51:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did a small trial hit or two yesterday, though not much to get a good idea of how well it works. I'm kinda afraid to get the glass too hot since it seems it would heat up so easy. Is there ever a problem with this for you? Last time I used something kinda like this and got it too hot it blew up. haha

amor_fati
#17 Posted : 8/3/2008 7:55:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never have a problem with it, but I've known others to have problems with heating the glass--not problems for them necessarily but for me, since I'd prefer to see the pipe remain intact. Usually this happens when they try shoot the flame across the end, rather than into it. As long as you avoid allowing the flame to touch the outside of the glass, you should be fine. Also, you should be able to feel when you've heated the pipe enough by the temperature of the vapors, and it shouldn't take much.

tmoney
#18 Posted : 8/4/2008 1:19:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I don't know if this off topic or belongs somewhere else but I have a pipe like this

http://www.bolinat.com/product_max.asp?id=2227

(smaller and better sized for the spice of course)

Just wondering how I should hit it and if it should work properly?

Thanks.

adrian89987
#19 Posted : 8/4/2008 10:23:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So it works! Gives pretty good hits and doesn't hurt...on one condition. I found that I can NOT breath any fresh air into my lungs while holding in a hit or it will instantly make my cough it out in pain. But if I just breath some air into my lungs before taking the hit It's fine, just the temperature change kills. Other than that I think I might keep using this.

amor_fati
#20 Posted : 8/5/2008 1:43:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I've gotten used to that, but it only happens when I get too zealous. I'm almost always able to take that second full inhale after inhaling the vapor. It takes a little while to learn the ins and outs.

So how about the activity? What else have you used, and how does it compare?

12NEXT