We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does mimosa brew residue have crystaline particles? Options

psychonautt
#1 Posted : 1/16/2024 1:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

To avoid having to drink ayahuasca (specifically: mimosa hostilis brew), I reduced my dose to 20 ml and left it to dry on a plate.

This dried after less than a day, after which I scraped up the residue.

However, the collected powder has tiny crystaline particles - the most visible on the pic with the box cutter on it (below). I am a little paranoid that these tiny crystals are in fact tiny pieces of plate that came off during the scraping?

When I scrub a piece of plate without residue on it, I don't notice any particle coming off whatsoever, but even so I am a little worried. Is it normal for mimosa brew residue to have little crystals in it?

My plan was to consume the residue the day after tomorrow- so quick replies are very much appreciated!

Thanks ahead!

psychonautt attached the following image(s):
4.png (1,255kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
2.png (897kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
1.png (643kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acacian
#2 Posted : 1/16/2024 2:02:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd try re-dissolving what you have in ethanol or a small amount of water and filter through a coffee filter or something equivalent.. if the sparkly bits are 'ground up plate' they won't dissolve. I would discard any particulate matter that isn't soluble.

Evaporate onto a pyrex dish if you are really paranoid about the plate but I don't think it should be an issue if you scrape off of a flat, hard and non porous surface..

The crystalline looking particles could be a number of things from the plant.

psychonautt
#3 Posted : 1/17/2024 7:12:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks @acacian!

I have PM'd with ShamenStamen from whom I got the idea for this residue method, and he said that in his experience the mimosa residue is indeed sparkly. This combined with the fact that scraping residue-less parts of the plates don't produce any particles, leads me to conclude that the sparkly things are normal and not plate! Thanks also @ShamensStamen!
“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 1/17/2024 8:09:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No problem, yeah i always liked how the Mimosa residue powder looked, Acacia residue too. Iirc there was also another post about this awhile back and the sparkliness may have been suspected to be some sort of salts like calcium salts or something, iirc. It's shown up consistently regardless of the kind of dish i use for evaporation so it's definitely not from the dish.

psychonautt
#5 Posted : 1/17/2024 4:54:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I let a 10ml booster dose dry out in a glass dish (pyrex) and scraped it up. The residue also has sparkly bits and looks exactly the same on all fronts, further corroborating the above.

Scraping of a glass surface was way easier, too.

Trying it out tomorrow Big grin

EDIT: Came down with a stomach bug or something, so postponing to next week.