We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some Slip Ups in Current Extraction: Burnt Plant Matter, Concern of Mycotoxins Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 9/10/2023 10:27:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Using Max Ion, I accidentally did the acid cook too long on three jars, two of which lost all water in the pots for the water bath.

Transferred to new jars. First two transfers seemed fine for the most part. The second one I had to scrape some of the plant matter off of the bottom of the jar.

The third jar however is concerning. The consistency of the plant matter (which also had to be scraped somewhat off of the bottom of the jar) was gelatenous and there was an odd smell, there was also a dark line where the top of the volume had been that was a bluish greening color. I'm thinking a fungal contaminant potentially.

While I salinated and basified both jars, does anyone think that I should toss the third out of concern of mycotoxins? Or will the DMT likely be fine since it should be the only thing that the NPS holds onto after mixing? Is it possible this concern has been literally killed by virtue of basification?

Thank you for your help.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/14/2023 8:07:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

What happened here since? Did you have pictures of the bluish-green bit? Did the jars get left for several days at room temperature? Acid cooks should prevent mould growth. Was there anything containing copper or nickel that could have come into contact with the solution in the third jar? That could potentially be a cause of bluish-green powdery material appearing in these circumstances. Perhaps a lid corroded, for example.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 9/15/2023 2:16:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
What happened here since? Did you have pictures of the bluish-green bit? Did the jars get left for several days at room temperature? Acid cooks should prevent mould growth. Was there anything containing copper or nickel that could have come into contact with the solution in the third jar? That could potentially be a cause of bluish-green powdery material appearing in these circumstances. Perhaps a lid corroded, for example.

I unfortunately just kept things running along. So no pictures to share.

I had thought the same about acid preventing mold growth, but then began questioning myself, per usual Laughing

Anyway, they were left, with a loose lid, sitting out for a few days before I could get to salination and basification.

I am using Ball jars that have the metal two-part lids. It could definitely be the lid and will check it's status when I get home from work tomorrow.

Do you think it will be safe to complete the extraction if it's the lid degrading?

Thanks for the help, DF0.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 9/15/2023 7:59:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yeah, mostly the metal salts will not be carried over in the extraction. I think a DMT-Cu/Ni ammine complex carrying over into the naphtha would be unlikely; check for a greenish tinge in your final product. It would be mildly amusing from a chemical point of view.

In absence of pictures it's even harder to tell and I would have thought the lids would predominantly add iron if anything. Iron would combine with tannins to make black ink, but that could possibly have greenish-blue iridescence.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 9/28/2023 4:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How funny would it be if the markings in question were on the outside of the jar... Laughing

One love

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 10/7/2023 3:35:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eh, it looks fine, no? And by fine I mean gorgeous.

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
20231006_141330.jpg (3,368kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
20231006_141318.jpg (2,542kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
20231006_142124.jpg (2,487kb) downloaded 26 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 10/7/2023 8:18:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Looks a bit... rusty to me Wink Razz Laughing

Great choice of lighting - was it intentional?

And how was it yield-wise? That was a lovely snowfield you got there Smile

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 10/7/2023 8:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Looks a bit... rusty to me Wink Razz Laughing

Great choice of lighting - was it intentional?

And how was it yield-wise? That was a lovely snowfield you got there Smile

Razz

I suppose I sort of did since I took the time to find that spot and made sure there was a black background and took several photos, playing around with the flash.

Using around 400ml of solvent, I have yielded about 1.1% so far. This bark is pretty consistent qt 1.5% so I'm aware there's more to retrieve.

One love