We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dmt extraction (Beautiful clean crystals) Options

StoneyBroski
#1 Posted : 9/3/2023 5:52:08 PM

I have embarked on SpiceX, still drifting through the hyperspace, machine elves whisper the secrets of the cosmos into my brain.

It seems like nobody in my area have dmt crystals, all the street grade dmt here is black or brown goo. I personally love crystals and have made some beauties.
Recently stoney has obtained and extracted from 1kg of ACRB, this is the procedure followed:

1. Low boil finely shredded ACRB in a crockpot with 2:5 ratio vinegar to distilled water 1-2 hours, strain into a large pot nearby for reducing and repeat this step 8 times. Combine extracts and reduce to ~1/4 pot.

2. Pour 250ml xylene into the solution, stir ~2-3 min, decant off the nps layer, repeat this step 4 times, combine xylene extracts. In a large separatory funnel rinse the xylene with 5% nacl (aq) then with distilled water 2 times, discard aqueous layer.

3. Pour ~100ml dilute vinegar into the solution, collect the aqueous layer and repeat the vinegar salting, combine aqueous extracts and recycle xylene.

4. Saturate the aqueous solution with sodium carbonate, put into a separatory funnel and slowly pour acetone into the separatory funnel, gently slosh the solution back and forth, remove the aqueous (bottom) layer (blacklight helps) and collect the acetone in a beaker, repeat the acetone pull 3 times total and combine acetone extracts.

5. Dry with mgso4 and filter the acetone, evaporate to dryness, pour ~100ml boiling naphtha into the beaker and stir for 2-3 minutes, filter, evaporate to 20ml and freeze for 72hrs.

6. Remove the beaker from the freezer, shake, and filter. Put the crystals back into the freezer 10-30min, remove the hardened crystals and allow to air dry.

My crystals are always colorless and beautiful.

(I know people say you should ammonia wash but I never do the dmt doesn't smell or taste like naphtha, not saying there is no residue but if there is it doesn't bother me.)
StoneyBroski attached the following image(s):
Snapchat-1671942368.jpg (516kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
Mmmm.... Knowledge. Keep pissing on this sponge.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/3/2023 10:26:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey, that's an interesting method you use there - seems like bits of various teks cobbled together. A "tek" is only an organized sequence of methods anyhow. A bit hard to see your crystals on the spoon, although it does illustrate their (lack of) colour quite nicely.

What are your yields like, typically?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 9/3/2023 10:30:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

EDIT: Funny DF0 you were just a little faster with that Very happy Very happy

If your extractions are always using 1 kg of bark, then you will mostly get answers like "dont do industrial scale processing".

Also quite a lot of water to boil down if you extract 8x on 1 kg of bark Big grin

But that's a pretty cool step of extracting with Acetone from your aqueous soup, after saturation with Na2CO3. Benzyme posted here that you can extract with IPA from water, if you saturate it first with NaCl. Cool thing to do it kind of similar with Acetone.

Any reason why you put the crystals back to the freezer after you filter them from Naphtha? I would just let them sit in ventilated air. Now they will give off Naphtha fumes and I'd rather let it evaporate outside of Freezer - will also be faster.

About that Ammonia Wash: I think even when I signed up on this forum people told it's pointless. So actually I never read somebody recommending it, so dont worry. I guess it is told to make sure no NaOH makes it into the final product, but when using Naphtha that's anyways impossible.