We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Any Information On Desmanthus At All Options

brokedownpalace10
#1 Posted : 7/14/2023 11:25:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am looking for any and all information on the usefulness of Desmanthus Illinoensis.
I have posted a similar question before, but I am hoping for more information.

I now have a number of plants growing in a couple locations and I'm wondering if I should continue to put the effort I have into it lately.

I want to use it as an Ayahuasca admixture, so extractions won't be in my plans.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

BundleflowerPower
#2 Posted : 9/26/2023 9:11:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems latetly that perhaps not many people have been doing such. The times that I've worked with desmanthus, except for one or two times, I have'nt weighed the material. I've had a nice experience with it, combined with P Harmala, While in a forest. Alas, it was years ago now and I've forgot if I even weighed it. Though from the times that I did wieght it exactly, 10 g were active, yet not a blowout. The time in the forest was definately awesome though.

How big are the plants? If you're not sure what to do atm, perhaps allow them to get bigger. The same plants grow year after year, dying back in fall and growing again during the growing season. I've discovered plants with (very) large tap roots, relative to what I expected after finding the first few wild ones.

brokedownpalace10
#3 Posted : 9/26/2023 11:02:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
It seems latetly that perhaps not many people have been doing such. The times that I've worked with desmanthus, except for one or two times, I have'nt weighed the material. I've had a nice experience with it, combined with P Harmala, While in a forest. Alas, it was years ago now and I've forgot if I even weighed it. Though from the times that I did wieght it exactly, 10 g were active, yet not a blowout. The time in the forest was definately awesome though.

How big are the plants? If you're not sure what to do atm, perhaps allow them to get bigger. The same plants grow year after year, dying back in fall and growing again during the growing season. I've discovered plants with (very) large tap roots, relative to what I expected after finding the first few wild ones.

I'm kind of spreading it around a few yards right now so most plants are pretty young. However, a few are at least 10 years old. I'm pretty tall (6'6" ) and they get chest height to me the second year and don't get any taller.

They re seeding right now. I can send you seeds if you want any.

brokedownpalace10
#4 Posted : 9/30/2023 7:40:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:

Also, a question I have wondered about quite a bit is the Gramine levels. Have you looked into that? Have you ever done another Aya analogue? If so, did Desmanthus feel different?

Gramine does not come through in extractions, I know. However, if the levels in Desmanthus are low, as people say, then it would be much more suited for Ayahuasca. Then, Gramine might become a factor. Thoughts?

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 10/4/2023 2:26:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

Also, a question I have wondered about quite a bit is the Gramine levels. Have you looked into that? Have you ever done another Aya analogue? If so, did Desmanthus feel different?

Gramine does not come through in extractions, I know. However, if the levels in Desmanthus are low, as people say, then it would be much more suited for Ayahuasca. Then, Gramine might become a factor. Thoughts?

I don't know about the gramine. I Just worked with it anyway after I encountered the plant.

I'd love some seeds though. I have seeds as well from wild plants from my neck of the woods.

brokedownpalace10
#6 Posted : 10/4/2023 8:19:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
brokedownpalace10 wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

I don't know about the gramine. I Just worked with it anyway after I encountered the plant.

I'd love some seeds though. I have seeds as well from wild plants from my neck of the woods.

So, no biggy from the Gramine sounds like. How many times did you do it? PM sent

Homo Trypens
#7 Posted : 10/4/2023 11:27:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

My Desmanthus are still very small. I can contribute one little piece of information: It survived last winter in Switzerland (near northern border, elevation ca. 400m / 1300ft). I hope next year it'll grow taller and make flowers - this year i almost killed it when mowing, because i didn't see it at first.

BundleflowerPower
#8 Posted : 10/8/2023 9:58:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:
My Desmanthus are still very small. I can contribute one little piece of information: It survived last winter in Switzerland (near northern border, elevation ca. 400m / 1300ft). I hope next year it'll grow taller and make flowers - this year i almost killed it when mowing, because i didn't see it at first.

That's awesome that you grew Desmanthus that far north and at such elevation.

They seem to come back if mowed once or twice or season. But they seem to not prefer being mowed too much.

BundleflowerPower
#9 Posted : 10/8/2023 10:18:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[/quote]So, no biggy from the Gramine sounds like. How many times did you do it? PM sent
[/quote]

Tbh, I dont know if gramine is a deal or not. I just figured that Desmanthus is worth the risk for me.

I've done it 3 or 4 or 5 times so far, and intend to take what I've learned and experiment more this upcoming growing season, after the winter.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 10/9/2023 9:09:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you guys make any extractions with it, pm me and I´ll get it analysed at our lab Smile