We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

ubu
#101 Posted : 9/11/2010 10:47:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Eden. Long time Ubu does not smoke without MAOIs, even when he does not want to breakthrough. He will try without MAOIs, paying attention to any change.

gammagore, Ubu wants to improve his smoking technique and he knows there is plenty of room to do that. That's why he asked a question in this thread, which is pretty evident of his intentions. For this particular case, Ubu does not need anybody saying that something he does is simply "terrible" and nothing else. This does not add value and only makes waste time. But he still want to thank you. He prefers to believe you had the best intentions.

gibran, Ubu appreciated your observations but he believes there are three points to consider:

1) Ubu mentioned that his dosage ranges from 70 to 100mg but never told he *ALWAYS* need 100mg to breakthrough. So one immediately assuming that this is his "standard" dosage is odd.

2) There are plenty of reports right here of people smoking 50mg and more to breakthrough. And not always comming from "newbies". Although standards are good start points, isn't always applicable to every person. Frankly, Ubu feels tremendously harmful evaluate people by the standards instead of their personal characteristics.

3) Does not seem right to compare the high purity DMT and controlled experiment by Strassman to the home-made DMT extract smoked in a pipe.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DMTripper
#102 Posted : 9/12/2010 1:14:39 AM

John Murdoch IV

ubu wrote:
Thank you Eden. Long time Ubu does not smoke without MAOIs, even when he does not want to breakthrough. He will try without MAOIs, paying attention to any change.

gammagore, Ubu wants to improve his smoking technique and he knows there is plenty of room to do that. That's why he asked a question in this thread, which is pretty evident of his intentions. For this particular case, Ubu does not need anybody saying that something he does is simply "terrible" and nothing else. This does not add value and only makes waste time. But he still want to thank you. He prefers to believe you had the best intentions.

gibran, Ubu appreciated your observations but he believes there are three points to consider:

1) Ubu mentioned that his dosage ranges from 70 to 100mg but never told he *ALWAYS* need 100mg to breakthrough. So one immediately assuming that this is his "standard" dosage is odd.

2) There are plenty of reports right here of people smoking 50mg and more to breakthrough. And not always comming from "newbies". Although standards are good start points, isn't always applicable to every person. Frankly, Ubu feels tremendously harmful evaluate people by the standards instead of their personal characteristics.

3) Does not seem right to compare the high purity DMT and controlled experiment by Strassman to the home-made DMT extract smoked in a pipe.

What's with the sensitivity?
If your smoking technique is fine, then you must have high tolerance to DMT, and do you find it offensive to point that out? Well we could maybe have the third option and add that your DMT might be crap.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

ragabr
#103 Posted : 9/12/2010 1:44:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:
Does not seem right to compare the high purity DMT and controlled experiment by Strassman to the home-made DMT extract smoked in a pipe.

I seem to recall seeing a chemical analysis by burnt that showed even full-spectrum extraction provide a fairly high level of purity. While I would never suggest anyone try injecting their extractions, I would feel perfectly comfortable comparing any of SWIM's extractions to the DMT used in the Strassman's experiments.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gammagore
#104 Posted : 9/12/2010 10:39:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:
gammagore wrote:
Alot of members use MAOI with the GVG, either in form of sublingual or in Changa.

But as Eden says, there is not need to go with MAOI, and if one is using up to 100mg of spice then either they have a very high tolerance(not unheard of) or their smoking tek is terrible.

WOW! Really nice way to say "welcome" and start a good conversation. Thank you very much.

So you were being sarcasticWink

ubu wrote:

Right, possibly I could have said "and if one is using up to 100mg of spice then either they have a very high tolerance(not unheard of) or they are burning/wasting Spice". It was not my intention to offend.

Take a read through this link for some general info on smoking tek's.

Riproarious
#105 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:53:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM got their GVG a little while ago..
It is bar-none the best smoking tool for spice..
SWIM put 10 screens (Which they had to cut Razz ) and a thin layer of ash for the foundation.
They think both the jet and regular lighters both have they merits, with the jet leading slightly for ease of use.
The GVG is definitively worth the 100$+..
*The human user "Riproarious"'s posts are 100% fictitious in nature, origin and content.*
*This user does not participate nor condone illegal activities.*

poorfish
#106 Posted : 9/15/2010 12:31:11 AM

hahaha

I did a forum search and got no hits on this, all the same, you have my apologies if this has been discussed already.

I hear lots about the Vapor Genie, and about how great it is for the ingesting the spice in a smokable form...I also hear lots about its $55 price tag, which Im sure to some (especially the older hippies) who have spent years searching for the best way to vaporize their spice.

In any case I'm wondering if anyone have ever heard of/tried the "Vapor Buddy," which is a generic knock-off of the VG...they are sold in several smoke shops near where I live for as low as $30, probably even less if you catch the store on a slow day and have some time/room to haggle a bit.

Just google vapor buddy to see a bunch of pics...its not 100% exactly like the VG, but one sees no reason why it wouldn't work...has anyone dreamed smoking spice with a V.B.? Is it the same (or at least close to the same) qualitatively, as the wooden VG?

Thanks All.

-poorfish
Hello there Nexian Newcomers! (like me!) Learn how to ASK QUESTIONS THAT WILL GET ANSWERED! (Or at least are more likely to be answered) ***Click Here***

"That is ridiculous. Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, gobbling magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc 1989

E has the ability to change the way people look at the world and not always for the best...."PLUR" ( hahahaha). The world is not what E makes it to be. I know plenty of "Old School" ravers that roll. They just don't do it in that ugly "cuddle puddle, "God I love You, We'll be soul mates for ever, this is the best music I've EVER heard, can I touch you?????" Kinda way. [size=6]Every drug is best with moderation.
-J0rdan

The night before: "nang nang nang nang nang"
Morning after: "clang clang clang clang clang"

ubu
#107 Posted : 9/15/2010 7:02:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Alot of members use MAOI with the GVG, either in form of sublingual or in Changa.

But as Eden says, there is not need to go with MAOI, and if one is using up to 100mg of spice then either they have a very high tolerance(not unheard of) or their smoking tek is terrible.

I'm hating myself and I need to confess one thing: you are fucking right, gammagore!!!

I was very intrigued and annoyed by your comments and on Sunday I talked with a friend about all that situation. He said he knew a happy GVG owner and that he would try to arrange things so that we could give it a try. So, last night he called me and I went to check the GVG with my own eyes. I did not take any MAOI and started with what I think (thought) to be a small dose: 35mg of my own spice (just in case).

Holy shit, man! Just two tokes using this incredible machine and I got away this world without any hope! With these "miserable" (for my own parameters) 35mg I was able to give two more long tokes and breakthrough again, even stronger than before. Shocked And finished my journey with some more tokes and a good and long trip at the end. Overall it was a long and stronger journey: around 1:30 pm between the first breakthrough and the clear perception of being back (at least I was able to check the clock). Even the quality of the experience was completely different, terrifying and terrific at the same time as a never before. I never breakthrough so quickly, with such small dose and with just two single tokes. And I believe that still a good amount of spice retained in the GVG screens. That's fucking amazing and I'm strill trying to assimilate things!

But already there are two things pretty clear for me:

1) GVG is an amazing device and I just ordered one. Very happy

2) Next time I will pay close attention to your advice and observations, gammagore. Embarrased

Thank you and sorry for acting like an asshole.

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

gammagore
#108 Posted : 9/15/2010 7:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ubu wrote:
But already there are two things pretty clear for me:

1) GVG is an amazing device and I just ordered one. Very happy

2) Next time I will pay close attention to your advice and observations, gammagore. Embarrased

Thank you and sorry for acting like an asshole.

No worries man, all is coolSmile

When you do get the GVG remember to put in a few extra screens, and when vaping DMT lay down some sort of bed of herb, like say mullein then the dmt. You could also make a copper coin (thanks gibran2) and lay the DMT on that. This way you have very little if any DMT melting onto the screens and down the stem.

Happy Vaping!!

endlessness
#109 Posted : 9/15/2010 7:58:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

or get a liquid pad used for the volcano vaporizer, its very cheap and made for vaporization Smile

gammagore
#110 Posted : 9/15/2010 8:00:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of these endless http://www.gotvape.com/s...sy.valve.liquid.pads.php ?

Do you just use one of those?

Bill Cipher
#111 Posted : 9/15/2010 8:14:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is awesome. Never seen those.

endlessness
#112 Posted : 9/15/2010 10:55:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, one of those. They are bigger than the genie but you can cut it up and make it fit Smile

ubu
#113 Posted : 9/16/2010 5:32:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The GVG that I tested on Tuesday was purchased recently by my colleague. In fact their first use occurred this weekend.

He commented that the GVG arrived in perfect condition, with no apparent problem. According him, the box had not been opened by customs and he carefully examined the GVG before using it.

However, in its first use a serious problem ocurred: he applied heat on the top piece and then some cracks appeared. Without knowing whether it was a defect or a "feature", he applied heat again and some new cracks appeared.

On Tuesday, I also noticed those cracks. It still is not unusable but it will be soon. There are both small and wide, deep cracks. And they extend across all the top part. I thought he had dropped it but he denied then explained the problem with the heat.

Finally, he already contacted VG requesting a warranty replacement but did not received any answer.

Now I'm worried since I just put an order. This problem happened to anyone else?

gammagore
#114 Posted : 9/16/2010 5:41:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any chance of a pic of these cracks? Where exactly are these cracks appearing? on the glass part of the difuser or the ceramic bit?

Ive never heard of this before.

gibran2
#115 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Iโ€™ve never heard about it either. I suppose that cracks could occur if a very hot flame (jet/torch lighter) is applied directly to a very cold surface. But even then, it still shouldnโ€™t crack.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

ubu
#116 Posted : 9/16/2010 6:48:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Surely gammagore, I asked him some pictures and I'll post as soon as I received it.

For illustrative purposes, the cracked piece is the small glass chamber at right:

ubu
#117 Posted : 9/16/2010 9:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some pictures from the top piece and also from the torch he uses:

gammagore
#118 Posted : 9/16/2010 9:45:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That flame on on the last pic looks HUGE.

But ye, those pics dont look good, id send an email to VG and attach the pics and get their view on it.

Bill Cipher
#119 Posted : 9/16/2010 10:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My bet is that if you send them your photos in an email, they will drop a replacement piece in the mail to you, no questions asked. Their customer service seems pretty solid.

ubu
#120 Posted : 9/16/2010 10:11:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand that a product sometimes can be defective, can suffer during transportation, or some specific ways of use can cause new problems. But this fellow has already sent two messages to the VG (including pictures) and received no response. It is precisely the lack of communication that worried me.

Wish you a better luck. It would be very interesting to discover what really caused this problem.

«PREV45678NEXT»