We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Complete memory loss from cannabis? Options

1ce
#21 Posted : 2/29/2016 6:07:55 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

ehud wrote:
jamie wrote:
DiMoiTou wrote:
jamie wrote:
That's pretty common with cannabis in my experience high in THC and THCV. Many people do not smoke it, or won't smoke anything with high THC/THCV, and still will take LSD and other psychedelics because of how powerful cannabis can be.

Confused "many", "common"... on what planet do you live jamie? Very happy
- I've never heard of a similar anecdote, except perhaps with deliriants such as Datura, so I would certainly not say it's common.
- I've never met anyone IRL willing to take psychedelics but not smoke cannabis (except for drug-screening motives).
- I'm pretty sure a survey would confirm that 99% of users consider LSD stronger than cannabis, unless comparing a low LSD dose with a high THC/V dose.

Interesting story OP, thanks for sharing.

I go to a lot of raves and meet a lot of people who take LSD. At least half of the people I take LSD with do not smoke cannabis because of the panic it induces in them...and I live in one of the more well known cannabis centers.

One of the reasons I don't smoke cannabis anymore. It really doesn't put me in a good head space. I get anxious about all the stuff I'm not doing in life that I should be, and that I'm incapable of doing any of it at that time because I am high. It also brings out my paranoia big time.

Not to say I can't handle it, its just not beneficial or enjoyable for me.

I second this.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Strigiform
#22 Posted : 8/17/2016 5:39:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My girlfriend is also very sensitive to the effects of cannabis. Whether smoked, vaped, edibles or what-have-you, she reacts poorly if she takes it too far (which sadly, is very easy for her).

In her case, she completely forgets how to talk and coordinate herself, often going into laughing fits, moments of panic, confusion, and demanding cuddles. After a few hours, she's normal and fine, but has really hated these experiences.

The only way she can enjoy cannabis is with something that has a ratio that favors CBD and in a small overall dose (such as a weak edible with food to stretch it out). And sadly for her, on most of these experimental occasions I offered her sativas, which can make some people feel really uneasy and overstimulated.

Best I can figure is that some people are very sensitive to the effects, even to the point where they should consider avoiding cannabis altogether. If they're naturally sensitive and/or have very low tolerance, then their experience will be very strong, even overwhelming. If she's up to try it again, I'd suggest using way less, and spacing out the puffs so she can feel the progression and easily stop when she's most comfortable.

dragonrider
#23 Posted : 8/21/2016 5:01:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I once knew a girl who also experienced such effects from cannabis. She eventually developed schizofrenia.

Some people are just much more sensitive to these kind of effects. It could be very dangerous even, for her to use cannabis or other mind-altering substances.

PREV12