We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
analysis of the dose Mr. Ludlow had consumed in his 1857 book "the hasish eater" Options

steppa
#21 Posted : 1/21/2016 10:20:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
how rare it is to find experienced hash-eaters, and I'm not talking about edibles or brownies, actual hash eating,

What's the difference? For me it seems like eating 5g hash worth in edibles would be nearly the same as eating 5g hash. Where do you think it differs? I don't understand.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#22 Posted : 1/22/2016 2:40:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
how rare it is to find experienced hash-eaters, and I'm not talking about edibles or brownies, actual hash eating,

What's the difference? For me it seems like eating 5g hash worth in edibles would be nearly the same as eating 5g hash. Where do you think it differs? I don't understand.

amount of material consumed is the difference, non-salted butter is only capable of holding so much active material before you have to add another stick,... I would have to eat 3 or more sticks of raw ganja butter, or a whole tray of cookies to reach the dose levels I wish to achieve...

...plus with the edibles the hash has been decarboxylated (activated) during the butter making and baking processes, where as with raw hash, which has not been subjected to any decarboxylation process, the dose and techniques for consumption are bound to differ as this has not occured..

I had a friend who would go to Morocco, he was moraccan and knew farmers in that country, he would tell stories of fields as far as the eye could see and large plastic bags full of hundreds of kilos of hashish, and would speak about eating hash with out ever going through a cooking process or process of bonding the cannabinoids to a lipid or oil such as in making ganja butter or ganja coconut oil for cooking...he never went into to detail as exactly how this hash was eaten...

The pre-made edibles from the store are really weak, and even when I make my own edibles I'm left with at least three sticks of butter, and as I said before, when cooked you can be assured the hash was decarboxylated, where as when eating raw hash surely different dose and consumption techniques are required.

It's simply an interest of mine, plus I have eaten butters, baked goods, tinctures, oils, and so on, and have never been fully satisfied, I have much experience in the field of consuming edible food products enhanced with cannabinoids, and want to learn about raw hash consumption.

I've been making hand-charas from a few of my plants that hermaphrodited, after the third rub I should have more than enough charas to preform these experiments...

Hand-charas is commonly made in India, the Himalaya regions, and has even spread to Jamaica and the United states, and unlike in Africa, Europe, the middle east, the United states and other regions where the hash is made from dead plant matter, hand-charas is made from the live plant...

(Live extracts have also become popular in the retail cannabis market in recent times)

Hand-charas is made by either placing the buds in your Palms and lightly rolling them around until a thick layer of golden brown resin collects on your palms, you then take a piece of charas on your thumb and press it into your Palm collecting the charas into a ball, or you can simply rub the plant while it's in the ground, leaving opportunity to return to the plant later in time to rub it again, three times a plant can generally be rubbed

...now, since this charas is made from the live plant, eating it may require decarboxylation or high dose or some special technique....Plus this hand-charas is probably only 30% or so THC, so this must be considered when calculating dose.

(I'm also going to try this experiment with some BHO extract that is in the 85-90% THC range, provided my prior experiment involving lower quality material is a success.)

To sum everything up, I'm interested in learning about raw hasheesh consumption, specially from those with experience in eating raw hash and experience with the techniques needed to do so.

Thanks again anne.

-eg

PREV12