We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sacraments: Homegrown vs purchased? Options

JustAnotherHuman
#1 Posted : 12/12/2016 11:23:08 AM

You create your own reality

Hi Nexians!

Just wanted to pose a question to the Nexus, namely does growing your own sacraments lead to a more satisfying experience as opposed to say, buying them from a vendor. I would imagine that growing the entheogens yourself would lead to a more fulfilling experience.

What has your experience been? Is there a difference?
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/12/2016 8:11:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My homegrown cactus experience was considerably better than using purchased SP chips. And not one of my cacti was purchased by me, each was a gift from various dear friends. The satisfaction of growing them was itself beyond measure.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 12/13/2016 2:45:56 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Terence Mckenna wrote:
It's sort of an odd fact about mushrooms that the qualities you need to take them are precisely the qualities that you will inculcate into yourself if you learn how to grow them -- punctuality, cleanliness, attention to detail, so forth and so on.

http://deoxy.org/t_camden.htm

I find cultivating my own medicine adds a whole new level of depth and fulfillment to my experiences. There is something of yourself that gets put into tending a garden that makes enjoying the produce so much moar fulfilling than just buying some random commercial product.

There is no greater joy to my mind, than to harvest the fruits of my labor out of my own garden and enjoying them with a clear conscience.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

smoothmonkey
#4 Posted : 12/13/2016 4:47:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Terence Mckenna wrote:
It's sort of an odd fact about mushrooms that the qualities you need to take them are precisely the qualities that you will inculcate into yourself if you learn how to grow them -- punctuality, cleanliness, attention to detail, so forth and so on.

I find cultivating my own medicine adds a whole new level of depth and fulfillment to my experiences. There is something of yourself that gets put into tending a garden that makes enjoying the produce so much moar fulfilling than just buying some random commercial product.

There is no greater joy to my mind, than to harvest the fruits of my labor out of my own garden and enjoying them with a clear conscience.

Couldn't have said it better... Thumbs up
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Spaced Out 2
#5 Posted : 12/13/2016 10:38:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smoothmonkey wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
Terence Mckenna wrote:

Couldn't have said it better... Thumbs up

I second that Big grin

JustAnotherHuman
#6 Posted : 12/14/2016 11:31:17 AM

You create your own reality

It seems like the general consensus is that growing your own sacraments does facilitate a better experience. I thought that that would be the case. It makes perfect sense.

Quote:
My homegrown cactus experience was considerably better than using purchased SP chips. And not one of my cacti was purchased by me, each was a gift from various dear friends. The satisfaction of growing them was itself beyond measure.

Quote:
Terence Mckenna wrote:

It would appear that the personal investment in the growing process is what helps add to the overall experience. You have to be meticulous and hardworking (and have a lot of patience) to grow a plant(or mushrooms, for that matter) to maturity and the reward of a bountiful harvest makes all that effort and waiting worthwhile.

Don't you guys think that the satisfaction of being sustainable might also be a factor?
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Noisy
#7 Posted : 12/14/2016 7:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JustAnotherHuman wrote:

It would appear that the personal investment in the growing process is what helps add to the overall experience. You have to be meticulous and hardworking (and have a lot of patience) to grow a plant(or mushrooms, for that matter) to maturity and the reward of a bountiful harvest makes all that effort and waiting worthwhile.

Don't you guys think that the satisfaction of being sustainable might also be a factor?

Indeed, but I also think that when you grow a sacred plant, you begin a "discussion" with the plant, when you take care of her. This discussion continues when you ingest/smoke the plant; it's like a wedding between my spirit and the plant spirit.
I also find that growing a plant with a clear intention gives a great experience when you ingest it. I particulary agree with downwardsfromzero statement about cactus: homegrown San Pedro give an incredibly profound trance compared to purchased San Pedro powder. And you can't make more sustainable: when you cut your cactus, you get at least two new ones...

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 12/16/2016 12:25:31 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yeah, it was definitely worth the fifteen-year wait Very happy

In all sincerity.

Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PsyDuckmonkey
#9 Posted : 12/16/2016 3:30:14 PM

witch

In my viewpoint, it's all about ceremony.

Self-extracted / prepared from self-grown
is better than
Self-extracted / prepared from purchased plant matter
is better than
Purchased ready-to-use.

The psychedelic journey is a traumatic experience, and requires a ceremonial setting for full integration. The extraction or brewing itself is a ceremony, but the continuous work of growing a plant and harvesting is even greater a ceremony.

Also, if you set "ceremonial" rules for yourself about not using substance that you didn't raise and extract yourself, it also places a limit on your consumption, and can help avoid abuse.

So yes, if growing is a possibility for you, I do think it's a good thing.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?