We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kava plus mushrooms Options

Big Inhale
#1 Posted : 6/19/2012 3:37:55 PM

The Enlightend One

Was wanting to try this combo tomorrow. I have looked for any info on this but have found none. Any input on if this is would be safe or not would be appreciated. I donyt see why it wouldnt be but you never know.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tokapelli
#2 Posted : 6/19/2012 7:57:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think it would be fine. especially before they come on, just before/after you take them it might help releive some anxiety. i dont think ive ever done mushrooms without some herb on hand, smoking a bowl (even if i dont even feel the effects lol) is very calming, comforting and familiar. It helps me to ground myself if things start to get a little crazy. I would imagine that kava would have a smililar effect.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 7/4/2016 12:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried this combination and doe not like it.
The kava high seems to cheapen the mushroom experience substantially. At least, if your mushroom dose wasn't that high to begin with.

Would welcome more experience reports on this one.

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 7/9/2016 8:53:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as i know, kava is a GABA-ergic substance. And GABA-ergic's generally seem to dull the effects of psychedelic's.

If you're looking for a sedative that goes well with psychedelic's, i think cannabis could be it. Cannabis hugely amplifies the effects of basically every psychedelic. Especially shrooms. So large quantities of cannabis should maybe be avoided, but small quantities go very well with shrooms. It also counteracts some of the side-effects, like nausea.

For some reason, the stoning effects of cannabis tend also to get amplified by shrooms.

Cognitive Heart
#5 Posted : 7/10/2016 4:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kava also contains yangonin, a cannabinoid CB1 agonist with moderate-high affinity for this receptor(Ki = 0.72 ฮผM) to be exact. This is where much of the mysterious effects of kava can arise from. So it's entirely possible for proper amounts of kava to enhance the mushroom experience with some slight psychedelic improvements. Probably even more so with cannabis in the mix. Although ime, kava and cannabis isn't too far out 'there.' Mild enhancement/stoning.

An actual report would be conclusive, however.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Chaska
#6 Posted : 7/31/2016 12:42:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

theres a mushroom called the "big laughing gym"

it contains a compound called hispidine, this is IIRC closely related to the kava lactones which produce the psychotropic effects

so theoretically combining kava with mushrooms produces a more "laughing gym" like experience

personally, having tried this with various levels of kava and Maca, i have to say i thoroughly appreciate the synergy of kava and psilocybes
grow plants, make tea, love life