We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cleanest crystals yet! (Q2121 Tek results) Options

VoyagerGrey
#1 Posted : 12/27/2023 2:37:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to report some noob's exciting results (3rd attempt) using Q21Q21 A/B tek:
Vinegar->lime->Naphtha
Results are noticeably better than previous extractions.

200g finely powdered MHRB was treated exactly following the Tek. In previous attempts, much more lime was added to achieve "dry and crumbly" consistency. This time, the exact suggested ration of 3:4 was used, i.e. 150g lime to the 200g of MHRB. This resulted in a firm gelatinous textured slurry that was allowed to sit overnight, then broken up and dried in a food dehudratoe set to 113F for 2 runs of 1 hr each, leaving it slightly damp. Then pulled with warm naphtha.

The tek suggests a minimum of 1ml of naphtha for every 1g MHRB. However this does not seem to be nearly enough to cover this amount of bark slurry. 200ml of reclaimed solvent from previous work were used, and another 500ml of fresh solvent added (700ml total) to completely cover the slurry.

Mixture was then heated in a double boiler for ~1-1.5 hr, stirred occasionally. Warm solvent was then decanted and strained through a coffee filter twice, into a flat bottomed glass container.

*probably important: The solvent was first left to acclimatize to room temp, then fridge, and only then to the freezer. Allowed to precipitate 24h. Remaining liquid poured off and strained for next pull, and container allowed to air evap until no liquid/solvent smell detected.

3 pulls will be done in total, so far I only have the final results of #1, which netted 1600mg of the whitest, fluffiest crystals seen to date. #2 took 48hrs to precipitate, and is now air drying. By eyeball Shocked there is probably 1/3 to 1/2 as much as pull #1 in the dish. Will report back when final results are in, but just wanted to share some photos! Be patient, follow instructions, don't cut corners, results will come. Thumbs up

Can't wait to try these!

Edit Jan 4 '24:

3 pulls done in total
1st pull: 24h freezer precipitation, yield 1600mg (see 1st 2 pictures)
very white, "dry" flaky crystal

2nd pull: 48h freezer precipitation, yield 656mg
Qualitatively similar to 1st, i.e. dry and flaky, but slightly amber in color

3rd pull: 72h+ freezer precipitation, yield 546 mg
Slightly waxy, more orange/amber in colour than 1&2, but still relatively light/white (3rd picture)

So total yield 2800 mg from 200g MHRB = 1.4%, not bad at all.
There's still some dust and residue in the dishes that I am going to redisolve with IPA and evaporate. To be fair, my solvent included some reused naphtha (200ml out of 700 total) from a recently done acetates conversion, on which the 2nd pull didn't precipitate anything after 24hrs and was removed from the freezer and saved for re-use. It very well could be it needed more time in the freezer, as that conversion had a poor yield, and as I've learned it is the case that subsequent (lower concentration) pulls may need more time to precipitate. In which case that could account for an additional 200mg or so that migrated into this extraction via the reused solvent.

Notes on solvent: After this extraction I have a sneaking suspicion that fresh solvent, at least in the case of naphtha, yields cleaner crystals. The naphtha takes on a yellow hue after use, which might be oils or something? Doesn't really crash out in the freezer but I have a feeling some of it does find it's way into the end product.

Qualitative difference in end product: (vs previous extractions)
I think I was more precise, and consistent this time with my procedures. The result was a cleaner looking, seemingly "better" product. Felt effects seem to confirm this (caveat- there can be significant variance in experiences for me even with the same batch of spice).
I did try a small dose of the really white, dry crystal. Didn't weigh it out, but by eyeball I would estimate 15-20mg. The impact was phenomenal. OEVs hit immediately, Followed by a full on experience of unusually lucid CEVs lasting probably a good 10 minutes, followed by crashing out of hyperspace into a kind of lower-intensity journey state, what I call the "sacred goo" for a good long while after that. Also exceptionally lucid. This was after returning home from a night out at a free dance event where about 4g of mushrooms were consumed over the course of the evening, and well after the effects of the mushrooms ceased to be felt.

VoyagerGrey attached the following image(s):
IMG_20231226_203204_827.jpg (1,890kb) downloaded 134 time(s).
IMG_20231226_202526_441.jpg (2,015kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
IMG_20240104_133409_707.jpg (2,185kb) downloaded 67 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

aethereon
#2 Posted : 1/6/2024 4:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing results! I am looking for a first tek to try and this sounds pretty 'QOOL' Wink I will note this one down!