We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freebase DMT citrate Options

skelly0311
#1 Posted : 12/4/2023 3:09:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm using HIELO to get some DMT citrate, and I'm wondering if there is a simple way to freebase the DMT citrate so I can smoke it out of my dab rig. I'm aware I can simply use another tek, but I love the simplicity of HIELO and don't really feel like learning another tek.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 12/4/2023 5:06:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dissolve it in water add sodium carbobate or lye until PH is over 12, then pull with naphtha and evaporate.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

skelly0311
#3 Posted : 12/4/2023 10:48:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Seems easy enough. Thanks for the response!

skelly0311
#4 Posted : 1/5/2024 3:32:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So quick question. What exactly am I pulling? won't the lye/water/DMT citrate all be in solution?

Also, instead of salting with citric acid at the end of HIELO, is there a way I can simply just create freebase? I'm assuming I need to salt the DMT with something so it precipitates out of EA, so prolly not?

_Trip_
#5 Posted : 1/5/2024 5:21:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EA holds dmt freebase hence the need for citric acid to crash out dmt citrate.

The dmt citrate in the water will turn to freebase once you add lye and achieve a pH over 12. From there you add naphtha (or another non polar solvent). As naphtha is non polar it won't mix with the base water and will form a separate layer, after a few shakes for 5 or so minutes wait for the layers to separate, you'll find your freebase dmt will now have moved from the base water to the non polar naphtha solvent. Siphon off the non polar solvent and evaporate. Freebase dmt crystals will form (or possibly dmt goo).
Pulling refers to using the solvent to pull from the base water for separation.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#6 Posted : 1/5/2024 8:40:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found I oxalic acid technical grade (wood bleach) crashes decently pure crystals in a standard acid base extraction salting step. No need to reduce the salted portion. Crystals will form spontaneously. It forms sugar like non hygroscopic crystals that can be freebased to pure DMT. I used this method successfully on phalaris aquatica.

Below is a picture of the tryptamine oxalate salt crystals after the salting step. I might open a thread about this.
Sidisheikh.mehriz attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_2023-12-31-11-55-13-304_com.miui.gallery.jpg (782kb) downloaded 46 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/5/2024 1:02:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sidisheikh.mehriz wrote:
I found I oxalic acid technical grade (wood bleach) crashes decently pure crystals in a standard acid base extraction salting step. No need to reduce the salted portion. Crystals will form spontaneously. It forms sugar like non hygroscopic crystals that can be freebased to pure DMT. I used this method successfully on phalaris aquatica.

Below is a picture of the tryptamine oxalate salt crystals after the salting step. I might open a thread about this.

Please do, although you'll need to include data on oxalate toxicity. Oxalic acid is less benign than citric in that respect (and sure, we wouldn't want to get either of them in our eyes.)

I personally know someone who sufferred severe health consequences from careless use of oxalic acid (e.g. smoking with contaminated fingers) while restoring furniture, hence the urge to point this one out.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Sidisheikh.mehriz
#8 Posted : 1/5/2024 1:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a beekeeper so I work with oxalic acid as syringe dribble on honey combs to treat hives from varroa mite infestation. The O.A acid dried up crystals on the comb and crystals gets carried away out by the bee workers. Of course getting some O.A on your fingers forget to wash them then touching your eyes you might go blind. The danger of O.A is that you will not feel the burning sensation Instantly bit will eat up flesh slowly. It's in many leafy edible greens thought. In low doses it is pretty safe both as acid and as salt.

A much more toxic acid formic acid is even used for pickling for its tasty sourness. Ant lollipop is sold with a little bit of formic acid for spiciness. Formate salt has been investigated as calcium supplement carrier and is safe up to 400mg even though is metabalized by the body to formic acid same as methanol metabolosis.

I don't consume the oxalate salt form of the. Extract anyways I freebase it again and pull with chloroform to produce a very clear slightly yellow oil that is pretty potent frompohalaris.. the oxalate form is poorly soluble in water I kept adding water and stirring it but only a fraction has dissolved so I gave up and just added NAOH and solution clouded up the same way as when you freebase harmala Tea. When chloroform is added the cloudiness disappears and chloroform turns faint yellow colour and dried to clear oil.

I expect this will result in crystals from MHRB as phalaris contains more than just one single tryptamine.