We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Attempt on Extracting Freebase from E-Juice Options

bIRD_
#1 Posted : 10/12/2023 8:55:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I had some e-juice 3:1 mixture i did not like as much. It was made from a kind of orangey waxey spice so it wasn't as nice to vape.
I wanted to try if i could extract the remaining spice from it.
I did a little test if pure PG dissolves into heptane which it didn't so i went ahead an started a mini A/B extraction.

First i dissolved all of the ejuice in water and a dash of 25% acetic acid. In another container i added 20g of NaOH to 100ml of distilled water. After mixed, i added it to the acidified solution.

I added an excess of heptane to get all of the freebase in one go ~100ml. Mixed, let it seperate, mixed... and so on. Did it alot to get all of it.

What i noticed is there seemed to be some polymer forming on the sides of the jar and at the emulsion layer which made it difficult to get the last of the heptane layer. I'm not sure what it was, some fine stringy white/opaque stuff: Maybe an effect of PG/VG in high pH?
edit: it was confirmed that PG/VG forms polymers at high ph.

Would like some clarification on that.

So far it looks good. I'm currently freeze precipitating it.

Will add results in a bit.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bIRD_
#2 Posted : 10/18/2023 4:56:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It worked!
bIRD_ attached the following image(s):
20231018_175555.jpg (3,105kb) downloaded 67 time(s).

Hungary
#3 Posted : 12/4/2023 3:16:07 PM

*<___/=/___>*

Nice! Did you smoked? Working well?
*If speculators are correct, and DMT is the drug that floods your brain when you die, then there’s a cosmic joke left out of most scripture. The joke is that at the end of the day, when it’s time to meet your maker, you’re your own St. Peter. The irony of life is that we qualify ourselves. The cosmic joke is there’s no bluffing your way past St. Peter, because you’re him.*