We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long does prepared ayahuasca "stay good" (shelf life) Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 9/9/2023 11:53:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is considering boiling everything he has and putting it in 1 liter bottle.

Online there is a bottle specific for that purpose being sold, and even if empty it is still nice a nice decoration.

SWIM has calculated, there should be about 35-40 single doses left, so about 17-20 trips.

Which brings me to my question.

How long does prepared aya stay good?

SWIM trips about once a month, so it could take two years to get it empty.

SWIM is also not against using preservatives, but would prefer to keep the brew "naturally" preserved, with the help of vinegar or lemon juice, and other admixtures that are not psychoactive but could help (stuff like, ginger, limonene, lemon balm)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 9/10/2023 12:00:03 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

If you freeze it, it should last more or less indefinitely. Just fridging it, I probably wouldn't want to keep it over about 2-3 weeks. You could add ethanol as a preservative, but ayahol might not be the best idea.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 9/10/2023 12:10:33 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Benzoates, sorbates, sulphites... the list of preservatives could go on and on...

Another alternative would be to put the brew in a preserving jar and heat-sterilize it, much as antichode does with cactus tea here. As long as the vessel remains sealed it should keep for a good long while too.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 9/10/2023 8:03:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The sugars in caapi help for preservation.

Rue is extra antibacterial and preserves itself pretty well too.

Sealed properly, in the fridge it has the potential to last a few months.

The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

mad_banshee
#5 Posted : 10/20/2023 1:24:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some that is in small stoppered bottles, not refrigerated that still have some potency after several years. I'm guessing they lost 50% potency from original though.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

navegandouniversos
#6 Posted : 10/20/2023 3:50:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi !

I have my Ayahuaska honey prepared 3 years ago into the amazon rainforest, inside my fridge, in super good conditions, the efect is normal, the strenght is clean, with any mold or mushroom, or visible bacterias ... so, if you reduce your brew, maybe it should be great.

I don't know nothing about, just my reality here is that, and before that one that I have now, I had another quantity, in the same conditions, for arround 2 years.. maybe the low quantity of water inside the concoction helps to keep out the fermentation