We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vovins tek - sediment extraction instead of solvent wash Options

Physics131
#1 Posted : 8/27/2023 6:56:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In step 8 "Solven wash", wouldnt a sediment extraction be more efficient and easy?

Instead of washing off the dmt solvent from the sediment, why not pulling out the sediment with a syringe and needle?
Thats how I did it at least.

The tek tells following:
Quote:
Do not place anything in the flask as you will disturb the sediment that should build up on the bottom

I did not notice and disruption after placing in the syringe.
The syringe could even be played right after the shake and hot bath.
That would require a bit more solvent because of evaporation, just in case of the disruption.

Even after hours of the sediment extraction additional sediment was forming.
Had to extract the sediment multiple times.

What are your opinions?
Are there good reasons not to extract with a syringe?

Reference: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...tek#Step_9:_Solvent_Wash

Quote:

Step 9: Solvent Wash
This is something I have just recently developed. Even if you follow the tek above perfectly a small amount of basified solution will make it into your final result. This basified solution contains LYE which is extremely harsh to smoke. By doing this solvent wash after you have scrapped up the crystals you can virtually eliminate all of the lye in your final result as well as many other contaminants. Once you have scrapped up your result from step 8 place it in a small glass container. In another container place a small amount of Naptha and run hot water over it. You want the naptha to be warm to the touch.

Once this is done add about 50 ml of naptha to the flask holding the crystals. If this is not enough to dissolve all of the crystals then add a little more. The goal here is to put just enough naptha into the flask to dissolve the DMT but not too much because you want it to evap quickly. Stir the flask by swirling it around. Do not place anything in the flask as you will disturb the sediment that should build up on the bottom. If the crystals do not want to dissolve then place the flask in a pot of hot water ( heat bath ). This will make the basified junk gummy and it will loose form and sink to the bottom adhering to the bottom of the flask.

Allow the flask to sit for one minute. Then pour off the naptha. Once you have gotten all of the naptha add about 10 ml more to the flask and swirl it around. This is to make sure you have gotten all of the spice. You can then add this 10 ml to the other 50 ml making sure that no sediment from the bottom makes it over. If you feel you still may have DMT in the flask by all means add more naptha and attempt to dissolve it. There's no rule to how many times you can add naptha the sediment after being in the heat bath should be stuck to the bottom quite well. So use as much naptha as you feel is neccissary.

You can now evap off the naptha and re collect your crystals. They should be much cleaner and show a more defined crystaline structure.

If there is still junk you can do a second wash. You should loose very little DMT on each wash so do as many as you need to get a good final result.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/27/2023 5:41:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It depends what your syringe is made of. All of its components need to be compatible with the solvent you are using. Grease and rubber must not be allowed to come into contact with the naptha.

Vovin's tek contains quite a few superfluous steps - it's not necessary to defat MHRB, for example - but at the same time it does concisely outline processes that are of general use in extraction from other materials.

I'd also recommend freeze precipitation over evaporation for recovery of the product from the naphtha. It's best to reuse solvent where possible.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Physics131
#3 Posted : 9/8/2023 2:48:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ty for the input Smile.

Quote:
It depends what your syringe is made of. All of its components need to be compatible with the solvent you are using.

I searched a bit in the forum and found some threads about materials like this one:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1179398#post1179398

I replaced my syringe with a glass syringe.
It was worth it.
Pulling out the sediment instead of washing it off does zero mess and waste anymore.