We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cold water exract how long? Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 7/17/2023 2:07:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have always done week long cold water extracts with acacia or mimosa, with rue. I am wondering, can it be taken faster? Does anyone have any experience with this?

-edit- my gosh I am a dolt, who knows nothing of chemistry. AT ALL. Unlike so many people on this site. Please, do not think me too stupid… though I am.

Warm brew. Cold water extract is meant to lessen acidity, when used with coffee. Warm brew is a “quicker” cold brew among coffee enthusiasts. That is to say, it extracts more efficiently than keeping it in a fridge. Oh dear I am a dolt. All these years, putting it in the fridge…. It extracts faster when just sitting on the table. I for some stupid reason was like, “Hm, people do cold brews with ayahausca, I guess cold squeezes it out somehow?” - never having been a cold brew coffee person or having bothered to check that COLD is used to LESSEN ACIDITY IN COFFEE, and coffee nerds use WARM BREW TO EXTRACT FASTER. A dolt; a dolt; a dolt am I.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MuteUSO
#2 Posted : 8/5/2023 2:36:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For cold water rue soaks, I usually put the seeds in water for 12-16 hours. I had good results with this.

murklan
#3 Posted : 8/7/2023 7:14:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MuteUSO wrote:
For cold water rue soaks, I usually put the seeds in water for 12-16 hours. I had good results with this.

Have you made it by simmering in several waters too? How would you say the differences are? Taste and effects. Thanks!