We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Where are the Ethnobotanical Advocacy Groups? Options

Acolyte
#21 Posted : 2/9/2010 2:51:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Yeah im into that..as long as there's no dogma and funny costumesVery happy ...spirituality..not religous dogma. As long as i dont have to fit my experience into some type of rigid frame work I'm all for it.

Cool That's exactly what i'm talking about! see we were really agreeing with each other the whole time; where i come from, legitimate shamanism is considered a religion.

What is the current status of The Jurma Way???

Does the Jurma Way have a web site? do they meet regularly as a group? Are there "codes of beliefs?" If not.... i don't think filling out a (really cool) card from the internet will be seen as much legitimate evidence. Though i am siging up as we speak!Very happy

I Like 88's idea: "Make an Argument."
Our movement has no voice, no defense against ignorance.

This the ideal level of organization we'd need to be effective:
A public relations team that can respond to the media with a charming, articulate staff member who can drive to Kansas and support the owner of BBB and other such instances of this nonsense.

?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

VisualDistortion
#22 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:54:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe it is our rights as individuals to consume whatever mind altering substance we want, and to subject that to the conditions of religion and spirituality is oppressive in and of itself. I have no belief in soul, reincarncation, god, or universal conciousness. My consumption of substances should not be bound to those circumstances. But I say that while thinking that if your practices are based on those beliefs based on those beliefs than that is your right too. This is a battle of freedom. As more and more slips away with each presidency or congressional hearing, we need to stand and fight back. It can be a duel fight, a fight for freedom of religion and choice.

This is a fight of words. Hope and civil rights vs legalese and twisted views. To fight with words one must become educated. I have no problem with fighting for these substances from the religious perspective, but it must be fully support by the sciencetific perspective. I strongly encourage all to go the the Psychedelic Science in the 21st century conference in the San Francisco Bay area. The information for the event can be found at alexgrey.com underthe events section. It is a free admission event. Contact organizations like LEAP and find out how you can become involved. I wonder if a protest of some sort could be organized. Maybe sit in front of city hall garner attention and demonstrate our view. Informational resources to pass out to people who passed by? Something. Many fear the attention such a demonstration could bring to our peaceful little subculture that is hidden in a corner far away from the public eye, but do you all really believe that there is hope that the government will not systematically find out about and eventually ban all these substances?
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

amor_fati
#23 Posted : 2/9/2010 5:42:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Acolyte wrote:
articulate staff member who can drive to Kansas and support the owner of BBB and other such instances of this nonsense.

Soon enough Wink . Give me a month or so.

Fractal Enchantment, I feel exactly the same way in regards to the UDV and Santo Daime. We absolutely cannot settle on the religious approach, though it serves as a stepping stone, it's one that's already been established...let's see what lies beyond.

dankh
#24 Posted : 2/9/2010 8:46:04 AM

MRJ

obliguhl wrote:
....The Psychedelic Frontier Foundation Very happy

The PFFFFFffff

*snicker*
In most cases, the furthest you have to go for help is the nearest human being.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule a film by Mitch Schultz
@Facebook @Twitter @YouTube

The creator; shattered diamond eyes and serpent veins of light.

Quote:
I'm scared to death that I'm living a life not worth dying for.

Acolyte
#25 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
It can be a duel fight, a fight for freedom of religion and choice.

Very WELL SAID! I should have expected there'd be other camps to this issue, poor change managment rhetoric on my part Embarrased . It's important to understand many camps exist within a common belief, but we can't know what exists until we bump up against it!

amor_fati wrote:
Soon enough Wink . Give me a month or so.

What about The Charming aspect!>!>?
Very happy

I had a moment of panic when i saw that this thread had disappeared! Shocked Projects is a good home. Cool
Well done Traveler!

Alright time to work on the new thread!
?

amor_fati
#26 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:44:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Acolyte wrote:
What about The Charming aspect!>!>?
Very happy

Sorry, I'm about as abrasive as they come!

Just kidding...I'll work on the charm factor.

I'll be playing a show in Lawrence around the 13th of next month and will be performing with some fairly psychedelic bands. I'll take the opportunity to raise awareness for the cause and will hand out literature if someone can help me out on that account. Even the psychonauts of Lawrence aren't nearly as aware of this as they should be, so they should be our first audience.

picatris
#27 Posted : 2/9/2010 11:42:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think no one has mentioned this one before:

http://www.drugpolicy.org/homepage.cfm

they have been pretty active in the marijuana legalization process in California and other cases. They are a part of the Soros Foundation

Here is a snippet from their "about" page

Quote:
Our supporters are individuals who believe the war on drugs is doing more harm than good. Together we advance policies that reduce the harms of both drug misuse and drug prohibition, and seek solutions that promote safety while upholding the sovereignty of individuals over their own minds and bodies. We work to ensure that our nation’s drug policies no longer arrest, incarcerate, disenfranchise and otherwise harm millions of nonviolent people. Our work inevitably requires us to address the disproportionate impact of the drug war on people of color.

DPA Network is actively involved in the legislative process and seeks to roll back the excesses of the drug war, block new, harmful initiatives, and promote sensible drug policy reforms. As a result of our work, hundreds of thousands of people have been diverted from incarceration to drug treatment programs, tens of thousands of sick and dying patients can safely access their medicine without being considered criminals under the law, and states like California have saved more than $1.5 billion by eliminating wasteful and ineffective law enforcement, prosecution and prison expenditures.

they have lots of money, some political influence and could be good partners on this cause

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M

ohayoco
#28 Posted : 2/10/2010 11:31:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've just heard of this anti-prohibition organisation in the UK, Transform http://www.tdpf.org.uk/
You can download a copy of their vision of how to regulate legal drug use.

I heard about them after reading this news article http://www.guardian.co.u...mmigrationpolicy.ukcrime
Although written as far back as 2001, it details how senior police officers urged the government to provide shooting galleries, decriminalise cannabis and downgrade ecstacy to class B. The government ignored them.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

PREV12