We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A/B Extraction Goo During Acid Cook (MHRB) Options

theMyndsAye
#1 Posted : 12/6/2021 7:05:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone experienced a layer of "goo" that forms on top of the water during an acid cook for an A/B extraction? It appears as a fatty film on the top of the water and if removed becomes rubbery once cooled. I am pretty sure I know what most of it is, but have never experienced this before. I am using a new bark and am "cooking" slower than usual, but it is still odd to me. I appreciate any anecdotes and am curious if anyone knows what its alkaloid content is. Thank you!!
We're all in this together and we are all from one, so to help each other is to help ourselves, and to better ourselves is to better others.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

meluzine
#2 Posted : 12/6/2021 10:57:21 PM

true love will find you in the end. •93•

Probably plant fats and waxes, I've had this happen after letting aqueous layers in A/Bs sit for long times. Its not likely going to have much alkaloids in it, the cells that hold DMT are not the fatty cells. hope this helps.

Jees
#3 Posted : 12/7/2021 6:11:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As long as your warm soup is acid, the beloved molecules are in the watery liquid with great certainty, anything that drops to the bottom or float on top is unlikely to be active stuff as meluzine said.

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 12/7/2021 6:28:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's an inactive layer of fats and waxes. You can remove it by using a defat step (do a pull with NPS at this point while the PH is <5 and it will collect that layer of goop so you can get crystals on your actual pulls.)