We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Pure DMT Fumarate from freebase DMT Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 6/16/2008 2:06:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pure DMT fumarate from freebase DMT.

To make pure DMT fumarate from freebase DMT the following procedure from SWIM’s notes works great

Quote:
1) Dissolve 100 mg of DMT in 4 ml of warm 91% isopropyl alcohol (about 40 C). NOTE: substitutes that also work include 95% ethanol, 95 % isopropyl alcohol. Hoever 99% does not work. There must be at least 5% water or the fumaric acid in the next step fails to dissolve completely.
2) Add 100 mg of fumaric acid. NOTE: this is excess fumaric acid. We actually only need 31 mg in theory, but we use 100 just to make sure.
3) Evaporate the solution at no hotter than 140 C (DMT fumarate melts at 152 C). NOTE: putting the liquid in a 10 ml beaker on a hotplate set to 100 C with a fan blowing over the liquid works great.
4) When completely dry, we add 10 ml of methyl ethyl ketone and mix. The excess fumaric acid quickly falls to the bottom of the methyl ethyl ketone because it’s insoluble in it.
5) Filter the methyl ethyl ketone to remove the excess fumaric acid.
6) Evaporate the solution at no hotter than 140 C (DMT fumarate melts at 152 C) to give pure DMT fumarate crystals.

Freebase DMT has a molecular weight of about 188.269. Fumaric acid has a molecular weight of 116.07. DMT fumarate has a molecular weight of about 492.608 (DMT + fumaric acid + DMT). It is 76% as potent as freebase DMT, so you’ll need 31% more to achieve the same effectiveness. This means a 20 mg dose of freebase DMT is equivalent to 26 mg of DMT fumarate (requiring 31% more).

DMT fumarate is more water soluble, more stable, has a longer shelf life, is much easier to crystallize, has a higher melting point, is less waxy, and easier to form into a powder than freebase DMT. Because of these characteristics DMT fumarate is much preferred over freebase DMT. Freebase DMT has no benefits other than the fact that it is easily vaporized.

EDIT: DON'T TRY THIS TECH!!! There's an error in it. SWIM is looking into this and will fix this tech. Until then DON'T TRY IT. It doesn't work as stated. SWIM thinks maybe the acid was MISLABELED IN HIS LAB.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 6/16/2008 4:19:47 PM

The Great Namah

Very nice.

Where does one go about getting fumaric acid? Is this a watched chem?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

burnt
#3 Posted : 6/16/2008 5:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I doubt its watched its used for many things food additive etc. I think it should be cheap and easy to get.

excellent idea also.

also one small question. just curious why the fumarate could the same kind of benefits come from making tartrate or some other salt? i believe this was the form deemed safe to inject in humans by the FDA?

69ron
#4 Posted : 6/16/2008 7:02:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT fumarate is the only form approved for research by the FDA. Fumaric acid is safe and is commonly used in the food and wine industry to give a tart flavor. It’s also formed naturally in the human body. It’s considered a food additive. I never heard of it being used to manufacture commonly abused illicit drugs. It is not a watched chemical.

Most other salts like DMT tartrate, DMT citrate, DMT acetate, DMT HCl, etc., are very hygroscopic. They will crystallize in a vacuum desiccator or in the presence of dry heat, but after removal they almost immediately start absorbing water from the air becoming a wet goo. This poses a problem, making it hard to measure doses from the wet goo, and I believe the absorbed water shortens DMT’s shelf life.

I’ve seen many others on different forums post failed attempts at making various salts of DMT. Nearly all of the attempts end up with a wet goo. This is because only a small handful of acids make non-hygroscopic DMT salts. Most common acids are somewhat hygroscopic, and become super hygroscopic when combined with DMT. Fumaric acid is very non-hygroscopic, and so it forms non-hygroscopic salts with DMT that stay dry even in humid environments.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 6/16/2008 7:15:36 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

interesting, but now many people would use it with an MAOI, a necessity when dealing with salt form? seems good from a storage standpoint, but most folks are probably pursuing the free base form for vaporization. with free base, storage in a suitable non-polar in the freezer likely keeps it stable indefinitely.
SWIM's curious about transdermal application with dmso, though not sure how effective it is in terms of bioavailability by this route.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#6 Posted : 6/16/2008 8:51:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT fumarate is best for snorting, taking sublingually, injecting, taking intra-rectally, or taking orally with an MAOI. If a person wants to smoke DMT, they need freebase DMT. SWIM thinks smoking it is a waste. The trip is too short. SWIM prefers the other routes of administration because the trip is much longer lasting.

SWIM tried DMT fumarate with DMSO sublingually. It doesn't burn like freebase DMT does, but it's just as effective.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 6/16/2008 8:56:19 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

interesting

fumarates are definitely stable, common in so many pharms. sublingual sounds enticing.
an extraction with limonene converted to the fumarate salt. sounds like a most entertaining lemony wacky wafer.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#8 Posted : 6/16/2008 11:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The DMSO + DMT fumarate combination is weak sublingually, but it works. It's just like snorting DMT. It takes 2-3 times more to be effective. SWIM never tried it without DMSO, and doesn’t really know if the DMSO actually helps or not. DMSO makes a nice tincture solution for DMT fumarate though.

On the subject of DMSO, is there a ratio of alkaloid to DMSO that is best? Should the DMSO be saturated with the alkaloid or very dilute?

burnt
#9 Posted : 6/17/2008 9:18:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

does snorting the salt burn much?

69ron
#10 Posted : 6/17/2008 10:40:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Freebase DMT burns a lot, but not as much as 5-MeO-DMT.

SWIM only snorted DMT fumarate once and it was a small dose. SWIM didn’t feel any burn. It's a little irritating in the nose, but that's the case for pretty much anything snorted. Maybe if more is snorted it might burn. If SWIM tries a larger dose SWIM will post his experience with it.

burnt
#11 Posted : 6/17/2008 11:04:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes that would be very interesting. would like to know how much longer the effects last and how much slower it comes on.

rellik
#12 Posted : 6/17/2008 4:30:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what color is the fumaric salt? thanks Smile

edit: too bad MEK is a list 2 chem, are there any alternatives?
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

extrememetal43
#13 Posted : 6/17/2008 4:35:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

any1 know where to get fumaric acid? the only places online seem to be the chemical places and would really like to go another route.

69ron
#14 Posted : 6/17/2008 7:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can find it but you have to search around. SWIM got some from a friend who works at a winery. They use it to add tartness to the wine. You can probably get it from a local winery supply shop.

Try searching www.ectrator.com or www.ebay.com. I think I remember seeing it at one of those places recently. I've seen it at before at eBay for sure. Or try Google Products. I know Google Products lists it, but mostly in capsule form or usually from a chemical supply store.

69ron
#15 Posted : 6/17/2008 7:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rellik wrote:
what color is the fumaric salt? thanks Smile

edit: too bad MEK is a list 2 chem, are there any alternatives?

SWIM says, DMT fumarate forms completely colorless, long clear pointed crystals in MEK that look like the kryptonite crystals seen in the superman movies. They will be lightly yellow or amber colored if impure.

As an alternative to MEK, 99% isopropyl alcohol can be used to remove the excess fumaric acid. Fumaric acid is soluble in 95% isopropyl alcohol and below, but it’s insoluble in 99% isopropyl alcohol. Probably 99% ethanol could be used but SWIM never tested that. SWIM likes MEK for removing the excess fumaric acid because it evaporates faster than isopropyl alcohol. Plus it’s easier to get (local stores have it over the counter without need for ID) and much cheaper in SWIM’s area.

extrememetal43
#16 Posted : 6/19/2008 8:31:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could someone please pm me where to get fumaric acid...I cant find it in less than 50 lb amounts. I checked wine sites etc and none offer it. Please!

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 6/19/2008 8:59:08 PM

The Great Namah

extrememetal43 wrote:
Could someone please pm me where to get fumaric acid...I cant find it in less than 50 lb amounts. I checked wine sites etc and none offer it. Please!

Search in online winery shops. Also google: food grade fumaric acid.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Viracocha
#18 Posted : 6/19/2008 11:51:51 PM

..still lc..

Hey Ron

Nice work,
I'm wondering did you have any problems crystallising or did it just happen by itself?

I've tried to do this many times but failed every time Sad the last attempt used a procedure derived from Tihkal:
1. Dissolve some dmt in methanol
2. dissolve some fumaric acid in methanol
3. Neutralise or slightly acidify the dmt solution with the fumaric acid solution
4. Add two volumes of isopropyl acetate and upon cooling crystals should precipitate

nothing happened Sad

the appropriate amounts of dmt and fumaric acid were also dissolved in 95% ethanol, stirred well and left to evaporate producing an oily residue. After two weeks it crystallised itself but surely that's not right..

Anyway, thanks for the tek!
I'll have to give this a shot soon Shocked

69ron
#19 Posted : 6/20/2008 1:05:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Coschi wrote:
Hey Ron

Nice work,
I'm wondering did you have any problems crystallising or did it just happen by itself?

SWIM had no problem crystallizing it in MEK or any other solvent. It crystallizes very easily, usually before the solvent evaporates. He always uses pure clear/white DMT extracted from Psychotria viridis that was freeze precipitated in heptane before making it into DMT fumarate.

SWIM found DMT from Psychotria viridis is usually much cleaner DMT than the DMT from Mimosa. SWIM doesn’t extract from Mimosa anymore. There are too many unknown alkaloids in it. SWIM doesn’t feel that he can really get pure DMT from Mimosa, even when re-crystallized many times, he seems to notice something else is present other than DMT. Maybe it’s just SWIM’s imagination, because he knows Psychotria viridis contains about 99% DMT usually, and almost nothing else.

Coschi wrote:
I've tried to do this many times but failed every time Sad the last attempt used a procedure derived from Tihkal:
1. Dissolve some dmt in methanol
2. dissolve some fumaric acid in methanol
3. Neutralise or slightly acidify the dmt solution with the fumaric acid solution
4. Add two volumes of isopropyl acetate and upon cooling crystals should precipitate

nothing happened Sad

SWIM never tried that technique so he can’t comment on it.
Coschi wrote:
the appropriate amounts of dmt and fumaric acid were also dissolved in 95% ethanol, stirred well and left to evaporate producing an oily residue. After two weeks it crystallised itself but surely that's not right..

Anyway, thanks for the tek!
I'll have to give this a shot soon Shocked

Something is wrong. You should get pure clear crystals as soon as all the solvent evaporates. DMT fumarate is very easy to crystallize. Even if it doesn’t crystallize it will dry to a completely clear/white flat solid that can be broken into a bunch of tiny powdery crystals. It never forms an oil of any kind. Its always a brittle crystal texture whether it crystallizes or not.

It sounds like you have DMT that isn’t pure. DMT N-Oxide is probably in it and maybe some plant oils. Was it yellowish? If so, it’s not pure.

Do it with freshly freeze precipitated pure clear/white DMT crystals.

To freeze precipitate DMT SWIM dissolves 1660 mg of impure yellow DMT in 100 ml of warm heptane (not hotter than 50 C). Once it’s all dissolved, if there is any yellow oil at the bottom of the container (DMT N-oxide and oils), swim carefully pours the heptane into another container leaving all the yellow oil behind. He then evaporates the heptane down on a hot plate (no hotter than 50 C) to about 50 ml (or until the heptane gets cloudy) and then he puts it in the freezer. Within an hour DMT crystals always form. It can be left overnight to be sure to get all of the DMT. SWIM just waits 4 hours usually and pours off the heptane. He then lets it dry overnight at room temperature without a fan.

Viracocha
#20 Posted : 6/21/2008 1:07:45 AM

..still lc..

It was pure..
hmm, food for thought

acacia obtusifolia is the source

123NEXT»